Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hello everyone! Im finally out of the 140's...lost another point 2 since yesterday. I have such drive now to keep going.

Snow storm a coming! Have to stock up on diet friendly foods today.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:21 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Stayed onplan yesterday. Not great exercise, but a walk at least. So far, I am 5 for 5 days. Today the wind is in the 30MPH rtange with gusts efen higher, and though the excess weight keeps me from being blown overk it's no fun to walk in the cold. cold wind. Think I will do just a 1 mile WATP video and my 5 girly pushups and call it good. Tomorrow is an exercise day off. Never a food day off.
Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 187/180/170

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like some of us are feeling "challenged" in the last day or so. I did muster the energy when I got home to complete my 3rd day of L1 of Jillian's shred. Felt much better after...especially when I got on my wii for some balance fun and found out that I've lost my 1st pound so now I feel great and want to rush home and work out today.

...I know it gets easier - it has to
otowngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #64  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Calories for yesterday: 1245. Eeked out 10 minutes of walking and stair-climbing and work, and 35 minutes on the elliptical at the gym. DH worked late so I missed my body sculpting class. Still feeling a bit under the weather so I didn't mind too much. Only ate 40 calories in chocolate yesterday - improvement!

Plan for today is to eat on the higher end of my calories - I have Zumba class tonight straight from work so I'll need some extra calories later in the day. I usually don't eat anything after class, though.

Zumbachica, my teacher is Thuy - do you know her? I've been hearing about the snow also, but I think I'm good on groceries until Sunday. Sick of the snow already! Where on the island are you?

Barb, I give you SO much credit for walking outside in the cold. That is dedication.

Caprice, welcome! Best of luck with your goals.

River, how long is it taking you to run 5K on the treadmill? I'm trying to work up to it - some days I can run 1.5 miles and feel great, other days I'm lucky to manage .5 miles so I alternate running and walking. I really want to get back into it.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #65  
haveto

Yeah...1.5 lbs down for this challenge. Eating great, english muffin and boiled egg with cheese for breakfast 233 calories; half english muffin, 1 cup tuna salad, .5 apple, 6 grapes 350 calories for lunch; 1 cup grilled chicken breast, 1 cup rice, salad with ranch dressing for dinner 447 calories; snacks, 1 apple, 2tbsp peanut butter 250. Walked 1.10 miles in 15 minutes...(just started back Monday.....) 1280 calories, a little below my target of 1500 but I'll try to add a few in today. my husband is helping me and actually prepareing my meals for me. He works from his home office and really likes to spend time in the kitchen...Lucky Me!!! Hope I can meet this mini goal along with all of you. I have missed being on here. :O)
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:03 AM   #66  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Otowngrl - congrats on the 1st pound, it's always nice to see it disappear

angelskeep - you crack me up (I won't be blown over) I'm in the minnesota/wisconson tundra and it's been COOOOOOOOOOOLD. I don't walk outside, just a bit too cold for me and I would be more worried about keeping warm than exercising. I'll stick to my 30 DS (which is not getting easier yet), 6week 6pack abs (which is getting easier) and the other videos.

Caprice, great job on the 1.5 pounds

But I'm FRUSTRATED I started the week at 181.6 (had been right there for 4-5 days, then monday & tuesday I was at at 180.4 area, now yesterday and today I'm at the 181.4, UGH!! Just hope it drops by the end of the weekend. I'm tracking everyday just to see if there is some sort of pattern. It's only been two weeks, but when I drop it's been at least a whole pound + a little . . .

I know, I know, just keep moving and it will disappear.

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 01-06-2011 at 10:09 AM.
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Good morning all!

Last night's workout was much better! I upped my time on the elliptical to 35 minutes and increased the incline. Then spent the next hour and 10 minutes working on the weight machines and stairmaster. I have learned that I REALLY hate the stairmaster lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #68  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Anna, great work at the gym. If I may be so bold as to offer a little advice, if you hate the stairmaster, stay off it. Like the rest of life, working out should be joyful, so do what makes you feel good at the gym.

MadamB, sounds like you know you need to be patient, I struggle with that too honestly. I just want what I want NOW!

Caprice, you are lucky to have a guy who wants to prep food for you!

Natamars, I'm running a 5k in about 30 minutes if I'm on the treadmill or pavement. My current pace is 6mph or faster. I'm a bit slower outside on single track trails or hills. All runners have good and bad runs. The good runs are blissful, but the bad ones make you want to quit. Just knowing that tomorrow's run may be the blissful ones gets me through the horror ones.

Zumbachica, good job on the loss.

Today's training, another 5K on the TM. Today was a good run. Tomorrow is strength/yoga day or if I need a day off I'll just do yoga. I'll be running 4 or 5 days a week as I prep for half training.

Last edited by river; 01-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #69  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Greetings & salutations Caprice, best of luck!

Hey Zumba, looks to me as if that butter is liquifying! way to leave it in the dust...

Hey Barb- 5/5 go girl, seems as if your on a roll, nice job on the push ups too!

Otown- keep on truckin, sa-weet your own personal chef like on TV!

natamars hope your feeling ok & good job on your choco less consumption.
Do you like dark chocolate? My numero uno is dark hot chili pepper chocolate by lindt, it's delish & it is not really hot, more like, ohhhh what is that delicious concoction heatwise on my tongue, truly its the bomb bomb, I buy them at wallyworld if your interested, it is a bigger bar! & dove dark is my #2, they are the best dark chocolates IMHO! Did I mention I love me some dark chocolate?

Hey Madame B, don't let the scale get to you, it is perfectly "normal" for weight to fluctuate on a daily basis, don't let it drive you nutz, know that sodium or water weight is all it is, keep working it & that butter will liquify!
Hi annah- way to vamp up your workout, you go girl! No worries if you don't like the stairmaster, maybe just do what you do like exercise wise, that way it doesn't feel like such a chore! Any workout you will get results on, as long as you stick to working out!

Hey river, happy training day!

Hi challenging chicka's, today I decided to go snowshoeing for my exercise, I walked for 1.5 hrs in the cold crisp air, the trees are so gorgeous & flocked with snow, ahhhh what a picturesque workout it was! My arm was telling me today to lay off on the push-ups, so I listened & I even left my poles behind on my snowshoe walk, I just used my leggies today! I guess my body knew volleyball was a bit brutal to my arms lastnight, all the bumping, digging, spiking & serving, I'm hoping it is "just" bruised sore from the hardness of all the receiving serves & not a re-injury. Please, please be it only that... All my fingers & toesies are crossed & even my eyes just incase!!!!
I've been playing competitively for the past 27 years & I have no intention of hanging up the ole sports bra anytime soon! Day 6- DONE!

Hope you all keep your eating clean & your workouts dirty, & you will meet your VD goal!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-06-2011 at 02:02 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #70  
Strong is the new thin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe View Post
natamars hope your feeling ok & good job on your choco less consumption.
Do you like dark chocolate? My numero uno is dark hot chili pepper chocolate by lindt, it's delish & it is not really hot, more like, ohhhh what is that delicious concoction heatwise on my tongue, truly its the bomb bomb, I but them at wallyworld if your interested, it is a bigger bar! & dove dark is my #2, they are the best dark chocolates IMHO! Did I mention I love me some dark chocolate?
OMG, if you haven't tried it yet (and I'm guessing not or you would have mentioned it), Lindt Fleur de Sel is to die for! Dark choco w/sea salt, it's my fav! It you try it and love it, don't hate me for mentioning it OK? I do like the chili one also.

Back to w/o topics, I have snowshoes too. Not enough decent snow here to go out on, but I'll be strapping them on when we get some.

Oh, and wish me luck! I'm heading to Mexico and will be testing my new powers of moderation out for the next little while. Drinking will be my greatest challenge. I usually continue to exercise and eat well but really drink too much on vacation and almost always gain weight.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #71  

You'll do great on vaca river, what part of mehico you heading to? My hubs & I love Mexico, Cancun, Riviera Maya, Tulum!

Umm regarding the chocolate you love, I am not a fan of SALT at all, so does it taste, yanno salty???
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #72  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

River & Evilwoman, thanks, I know I need to be more patient . . . . (tapping my foot in anticipation) LOLOL (I'm so funny in my own head) yes, yes we will liquify that butter one way or another.

Otowngrl, I have a VERY hard time with one move on Jillian 30 DS, it's toward the end of the workout. you are on the floor, sidefacing, all weight on one arm, the other reaching for the sky, weight on upper leg and you bend that lower leg the straighten it. I always feel like I'm going to fall over . . . can you do this move???? I can usually do a few before I feel like I'm going to fall, but I feel like my arms/shoulders are not strong enough to hold myself up (especially on the left side . . .

Just a note: the six week six pack abs is getting a little bit easier, Thank goodness!!!!!

Also, Evilwomando you like the snowshoeing??? I've never tried it but have wanted to try that and cross country skiing, do you get a good workout?? do you go by yourself or with others?? I'm in MN/WI and there is plenty of SNOW but right now it's a bit tooooooooo cold outside for me.

OK, now that the novel is complete, I'm going to clean the house, (off work today) then to knitting class this evening then a nice LOOOOOOONG soak in the tub with good smelly bubbles, candles and soft music

Everyone have a GREAT day!!!

Quick edit: OMG dark chocolate and hot chili pepper, I'm going to find some of this, I had a piece of handmade chocolate (from local chocolate shoppe) it was dark chocolate with jalapeno . . . . oooooooo soooooooooo goooooooooood

Last edited by MadamButterfly; 01-06-2011 at 02:15 PM.
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #73  
Strong is the new thin!

Evil, yep, it's salty, so fuggedaboutit. I looooove salt. It's so good.
We're going to a condo in Cancun, then a resort along the coast, a little south of Playa del Carmen. My w/o will be good, hot runs though, but I have a schedule drawn up so I'll be getting those in no matter what.

Madam, I find snowshoeing to be a good workout. It's harder than walking or hiking. It would be easier than cross country skiing though.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Natamars: Yes, I've heard of Thuy, never met of her though. I"m way further East on the Island, won't tell you who I am because I"m pretty well known in the Zumba world and would like to keep a low profile.... I'm pretty private about my eating "issues"....

Barb...Yup, to think we are already 1/2 way through the week..woot woot

Otown...You are KICKING BOOTY girl ! Keep up those workouts!!

RIVER: Yes!! I have tried the salt chocolate, in fact I had put it in my husband's christmas stocking....it doesn't taste too salty, it is perfect!! Too perfect!! In fact I think there is still some in the cupboard so I should STOP thinking about it righ tnow!!

Annah : I used to think I would cry when the trainer would point to the stairmaster...but oh what a great workout for the booty!!

Evil: I have snow shoes in this house somewhere..maybe I'll dig them out tomorrow because we are expecting more snow.....You amaze me with your workout and volleyball schedule...we need to post pics one day, I bet you are solid muscle....

Well sorry if I missed someone, there's a lot of us now! YAY
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:41 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
Evil, yep, it's salty, so fuggedaboutit. I looooove salt. .
River,..... Iza retaining water just reading about the saltiness I puff like a blowfish so I try to avoid salt like the plague! Drives me nutz it is in everything!!!!! Acho- Bring on the pepper, I put pepper on my foods until I sneeze, that way I know I have had enough pepper!!!! I love me some pepper, I areckon that is why I love the chili pepper one!!!!

MadameB, can't say that I ever did that one, but of course I just tried it & I can do it, it will be challenging your basically holding your weight on the palm of your hand! Oh yes snowshoeing is a great workout, I dress like nanook of the north & get my walk on sometimes with a friend or two, today I flew solo, (just me & nature works) then I came home all sweaty underneath the layers, so yeah it burns calories thats for sure! I downhill ski, ( haven't cross country skied) I prefer to swoosh down the mountain & do a pretty good job of grooming the hill with my @ss lemme tell ya!
Skiing is a fun sport, but I am no pro.

zumba, nah I prefer to keep my face & body off the internet, it just isn't something that I feel comfy doing EVA!!!! Yeah I have me some muscles, ok girl, consider this your free ticket to my "GUN" show!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-06-2011 at 04:42 PM.