Old 01-05-2011, 08:30 AM   #46  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday went OK. Ended the day at 1,410 calories, but 300 of them were chocolate, which is too many – trying to limit the junk to 10%. I think I’m trying to comfort myself because I really do feel like I’m coming down with something AGAIN. That’s what derailed me in December – I missed two full weeks at the gym. Since then I’ve exercised almost every day, which is supposed to be the number one thing to prevent you from catching colds and flu – has not worked for me! I decided to take last night off from working out (and only did 5 minutes of stair climbing at the office) and watched Biggest Loser in bed.

I have healthy food packed for today and am planning to go to the gym no matter how I feel, even if I just get in half an hour of cardio.

I have 30DS at home but have only used it a few times - I like it though. When I'm home it's too easy for me to find something else I should be doing.

dcap, that sounds like a plan! Keep posting!!

zumbachica, so interesting to hear about your classes. I always assume my teachers at the gym can stay thin just from teaching so many classes, but I guess everyone has their own struggles. My Zumba teacher has an AMAZING body, although she is now 5 months pregnant. She still look awesome, though.

Hope everyone has a great day!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. Congrats and welcomes. This thread has gotten BUSY! Lotd of motivated chicks here. Yaaay!

I stayed on plan yesterday and even finally got my 5 girly pushups done. I am a little bit sore today, mostly my feet, but nowhere near the hobbling I had to do the last time I did 5 miles, so maybe it will continue to improve and my feets will stop hurting completely someday. I just ignore it and keep going...

Sounds like everyone is keeping up pretty well. We're 1/2 a week in and strong! 5 1/2 weeks to go. We rock!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 300/300/150

Height: 5'9

Thanks ladies! I'm looking forward to this challenge!

Last night I slacked off quite a bit. Only 30 minutes on the elliptical and then home. I've been spending an hour and a half at the gym 5 times a week, so I have to get back on track tonight. I think I'm going to count yesterday as one of my off days.
annah788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

I'd like to join the challenge, too. It's my Bday today, so what better time? My mini goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, (13 to go on that), and I hope to be there by Valentine's Day. I am not in terrible shape, but I have always had trouble doing push-ups, even the girlie ones. What's the trick to get started, when you can't even do 1 properly?

Thanks!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #50  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Webwoman,

I have two ideas, first get in a push up position (not girly ones), butt and head down, stomach in and just hold as long as you can, take a break and do it again and again, then after you feel you have this mastered, get in position and try bending your elbows just a little, don't try to go down all the way and then gradually work from that lowering yourself a little more until you can do one, then try to do more as your body allows.
The second idea is to do push ups against the wall to help you with form, and practice these until you're ready to hit the floor.

I don't know, but just ideas
MadamButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 300/273/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWoman View Post
I'd like to join the challenge, too. It's my Bday today, so what better time? My mini goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, (13 to go on that), and I hope to be there by Valentine's Day. I am not in terrible shape, but I have always had trouble doing push-ups, even the girlie ones. What's the trick to get started, when you can't even do 1 properly?

Thanks!
Happy Birthday!

LadyKnight1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #52  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Happy birthday webwoman & welcome! ditto to Madame butterfly's response, start will wall pushups!

Day 5 is complete. Today was an extreme workout & even more to come, I have many competitive volleyball games tonite for an additional 1.5 hr workout! Go me & ahem.. game on!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-05-2011 at 04:41 PM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #53  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Hi Chicks! Today's workout- treadmill 5K run. yoga 10min.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #54  
haveto

Hi Ladies,
I am in on the challenge. I have lost almost twenty pounds since last Feb, but should have been more. I would love to lose 10 lbs by Valentine's Day, my 26th anniversary is the 16th!!! :O)

Last edited by caprice; 01-05-2011 at 02:03 PM.
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 187/180/170

Height: 5'6"

Default yes i am

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamButterfly View Post
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I just got home from work and I'm beat. I'm so excited to have a place to chat.

Otowngrl: are you doing Jillian's 30 day shred?? I've started that with a few other videos that I rotate through, and OMG it kicks my butt, but then when it's over I'm like . . . what, that's it . . . of course I'm sore everyday, different areas on different days, because I change the video every three days . . .

Well, just keep moving, but right now, its sleepy time!!!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

night all
Yes it's Jillian's 30 day shred that I"m doing. So far so good but I'm working later than usual today so I hope I have the energy to do it when I get home.
otowngrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Natamars: who is your Zumba teacher? I prob. know her. I"m on Long Island.

Otowngirl: the shred is great, I know so many people that had success on that...and from what I recall it really wasn't a LONG workout either.

Caprice: congrats on losing 20 lbs!!! even if it took you a year, that weight IS OFF!!! And now you can keep going to your goal..woot woot!

River: 5K? I'm impressed!!!

Happy Birthday Webwoman!!

Evilwoman: you are the bomb!!

Annah: Don't foo foo 30 m inutes on the elliptical!! Definitely something is better than nothing...and YES our bodies DO NEED rest!!

Angels: Good for you on those push ups!!! When my trainer used to make me do push ups I would be miserable but the ole' tried and true push up really is a great way to work out!!!

Dcapulet: get rid of that junk food!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #57  

Not a good day eating wise...although I didn't have a lot of carbs or calories I didn't eat enough vegetables or get enough water down!!! I hope I didn't stall my weight loss . So far I lost 2.3 lbs this week....not a lot considering how BLOATED I was...

Was supposed to lift today but not feeling like myself...extra tired. Maybe even my body reacting to the reduction in calories/carbs.....going to be EARLY tonight.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #58  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWoman View Post

Thanks!
Happy Birthday!

The trick to getting started is just to do it. Forget about what you can't do - think about what you can! If doing "man" style push-ups are your goal, break em down - a step at a time. If not, nix em! Find something else you feel comfortable starting with.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #59  

yes you can be 10 or so lbs overweight and be in the best shape of your life!
christine333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 AM   #60  

There are instructors way over being ten lbs overweight, that is what I was referring to.