Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

thanks Annie for the on plan day encouragement, that was awesome. I am having pizza tonight as well. We bought a new chicken one have not had before. Glad to hear the fudge is gone from the house. It is so easy for the goodies to call our name when they are in the house. That is a dangerous food for me. And way to go for doing well yesterday!
I would really like to get my ticker going finally so I will weigh in on Tues AM and hopefully figure out how to get one. I made it throught the ever bad 3rd day yesterday so I am happy about that. I often hear stories of people who go and try a diet for a few weeks and then lose momentum. I don't even know how they go a few weeks, I can barley get past a few days and have done 2 weeks a couple times and 3 weeks once! I know it has to be doable for life and mine is as my goal is to not binge and once i get started or think I have eaten too much already i just give in sometimes for days.

I usually do portion control when on plan but find I am really eating more healthy and clean as well so the pizza actually makes me feel a bit nervous but I know it is fine if I eat just enough to feel satisfied which is usually one small piece. It really is wonderful to enjoy food when eating properly and not binging.
This morning I made two boiled eggs to take to work, I just eat the whites as I don’t like the yokes and added about half a teaspoon of light miracle whip. So I get to work and open my eggs really looking forward to eating them and I have a container of miracle whip instead, so my eggs got left at home and my miracle whip was in the same container as my eggs cause I bought a giant jar of mw as it was cheaper then the smaller one and I just kept some in glass container and gave the rest to my daughter and her family. I also made bran muffins last night with low sugar and almost no fat (use unsweetened apple sauce instead)and added frozen blueberries, raspberries and blackberries and a bit of cinnamon. They are amazingly good with the fruit in them.
Kittie – I find I eat more structured during the week too. It is easier when on a schedule at work.
Angel – good luck in getting into your smaller size clothes as well, we can do this!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #77  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Today's sweatfest was Firm Cardio Glove workout followed by the Kbox section from Firm Calorie Explosion 40min +. Probably not a sweatfest for anyone else but I tend to only 'glow' around my head/scalp and today I'm 'glowing' all over. I like these two short workouts in tandem.

They are predicting snow for this weekend and next week.

Ashley, I hate it when I do mixups like that.

NP, I'm with you. One of the reasons I quit trying to lose last time was I felt I was putting more energy into 'tricks and head games' to make me think I was losing weight than to actually trying to lose weight. So now it drives me crazy when I see other people doing it.

Annie, CBS keeps me busy but doesn't take a lot of time overall. The lessons are broken down into days so I only answer a few questions a day. My Mom is also involved, so I get extra time with her, also.

Kitteh, I think structure is what I'm missing also. I don't like the sound of it and I dont' like the feel of it but I think I need it just the same. I am a Penguin of habit, I like doing the same things the same way, but living by a schedule seems to drive me nuts.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #78  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Goals for the weekend:
1- Get in at least two three-mile walks/hikes, whether on the trail or on the treadmill. Got yak trax for xmas for both of us, so we might try them out on the trail tonight.
2 - Join WW. Suck it up and be weighed in and know it'll be POUNDS over what I weigh nekkid on my scale at home
3- Portion control and no snacking when bored, rather than hungry.
4 - Put in my pilates dvd and work on that.

The Fab Four. Let's see how I do Don't want to make them too major and fail right off the bat.

Ashley - your miracle whip story has me laughing. Sorry, but that's funny I made my guy lunch last summer and he took the wrong container in the fridge and it was my chicken that was thawing out - just a lot of raw chicken. I couldn't figure out WHERE it went! Then he calls, "Um...what did you pack for my lunch?"
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #79  

NP - the chicken is hilarious, good luck on your goals this weekend.

I was doing fabulous then this afternoon I remembered I had put a homemade cookie in the freezer so went to eat it. after 2 bites I dropped it and cannot find it. Moved everything around under my desk, I thought this was rather funny and just plain think 'God took my cookie from me' cause I did not need it. I know sometimes when i all of a sudden decide to give in something will happen to make me not take the first bite, like the phone rings, or you drop your whole plate of food, (cause you were not hungry anyways) or you lose the candy bar while driving that you have not started to eat yet, once at a restaurant i had a bug in my food and reacted by throwing my sandwhich cause it creeped me out so bad, I hate bugs, it landed in my collegues plate accross from me, didn't really mean to but I took it as a sign that I had enough to eat, a God thing once again.
On a sadder note I was struggling this afternoon and went to get some water from the kitchen and at that time another office had left over food. Potatoe salad, really nice sandwhiches and a large goodie try. I mean really often I do quite good and don't have any but it seemed to happen right at the right time right when I was feeling weak anyways and wham! Well I ate some of everthing so goal for now is not to continue eating for the rest of the day as that would be usual.
At what point should a person leave 3 fat chicks if they often struggle and some days just don't get anywhere? I seem to do good 3 - 4 days a week then blow it but I in no way want to give up. i know my thinking has to change and I am doing that but at a snail pace it seems. I have read so many books on emotions and eating and your brain and healing etc. etc.
well, that is my rant for this afternoon, had a good workout at lunch though blahhhhh......
Old 01-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley777 View Post

'God took my cookie from me' cause I did not need it.
things like this happen to me before and I've had the same thought. I've learned not to argue with Divine Interventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley777 View Post
At what point should a person leave 3 fat chicks if they often struggle and some days just don't get anywhere? I seem to do good 3 - 4 days a week then blow it but I in no way want to give up. i know my thinking has to change and I am doing that but at a snail pace it seems. I have read so many books on emotions and eating and your brain and healing etc. etc.
well, that is my rant for this afternoon, had a good workout at lunch though blahhhhh......
Somewhere around last August I was disappointed with my weightloss. I had lost in spurts and then regained. I felt that what I was doing wasn't helping, and so I dropped out of my checkin's and stopped coming to visit Chicks. I thought I had made progress and could do this on my own. I didn't feel I was getting a lot of support from the groups and was actually getting frusterated/annoyed with some of the 'advice' I was getting. So I quit, and I did well for a few months, but then gradually stopped following my plans, stopped exercising, and stopped caring about trying to lose weight. I'll restart soon, right? Well here it is January and I'm back at the weight I was when I joined Chicks origianlly. I'm not saying I have to post here to lose weight but I also believe in accountablity, and think I might have restarted earlier had I not quit posting. We are here to support you! Just a thought.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-07-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spelling, its always spelling. I'm sure I missed something, too.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Ashley-you should never leave. Please! None of us is perfect. Have a good solid look at yoiur plan and see if it is failing you instead of you failing it. Do you need to eat a little more each meal, maybe just 50 calories? Might make the difference between losing weight slowly while staying on plan and losing nothing because you aren't able to do the plan you have set up. Do you need to add in a snack or a planned treat?

Don't beat yourself up. Last I heard, the weight will not go away no matter how mean you are to you. Be kind anbd forgiving and REGROUP. Switch it up and tweak it so that you can stay on plan and feel GOOD about what you are doing. Remember-it's a journey, not a race.

*HUGS*

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:34 AM   #82  

Default Hello all.

My name is Susan and I'm new to the 40 somethings group. I was a regular in 30 somethings about 10 years ago, but haven't been here in a good long while. Unfortunately, I've also gained back all the weight I lost 10 years ago, so I'm starting over again. 3FC was a great help before, so I'm hoping that having others to talk to will help keep me motivated this time as well.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
Legal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, and welcome to the weekend. Phew! Wasn't sure it would arrive on time, the week felt sooo long.

Only once to the gym yesterday, but had a really good workout. Ate well most of the day, but I ate too many chips in the evening (healthy chips, so not as bad as it could have been). Sometimes I just want crunchiness. Then my scale shows a two pound loss this morning! I think it was lying. Seriously, I think the cold may be affecting the scale, so tomorrow, I will turn on my space heater and warm the bathroom up before I weigh myself. I want real readings!

Teh kittehs were righteously upset with me, but I bribed them with extra special noms after we got home from teh v e t and that helped (but not enough for them to sleep with me last night ).

Today, I need to plan out my food, and schedule exercise time so that it doesn't keep getting pushed back and back until the day is gone.

AnnieD--Yeah, I can get a bit silly about portion control, but this early in the diet, I feel I need to be really strict. Want to avoid that slippery slope of thinking a little more won't hurt--and then it's a little more, and a little more...

NationalP--I use the small bowl method for chips, too. I just have to make sure I don't go back for seconds.

Ashley--Don't leave! When you are having trouble is the time you most need to be posting here. I admit, that's the pot preaching to the kettle, but I will be trying to live by my words in the future. We need the support most of all when we are struggling. Also--miracle whip lunch. Funny. I've done similar (usually just leaving food at home, not so much substitution).

Susan--Welcome.

Don't remember who said they like sweet potatoes--I've been snacking on carrot and sweet potato chips. They're pretty good. Healthy, 'cause they're just carrot and sweet potato and some oil. (Oil's okay in this case--got to have some oil so your body absorbs the Vit A.)

Okay, time to get this Saturday underway.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #84  
Enjoying la bella vita

Ashley - please don't think about leaving - look at ME - I GAINED over the past month, but still want to hang out here because now I'm on the right track. If none of us had any issues with doing well/doing less than stellar, none of us would have or have had any weight issues! I'm heading to WW tomorrow afternoon because of the support and motivation I get here.

Welcome, Susan! What are your biggest challenges?

The weekend challenges me in the time that food's around me - but LOVE that I have more time to be active instead of sitting at my desk. Still have a TON of picking up to do around here - I swear we brought as much stuff home from the trip (stocking stuffers and gifts that we need to find a place for, as well as our own oddball things) as we took down there. It's a sunny cold (14) day here. Weighed this morning and was down another pound. I know when I"m first back from a trip and it reads high, it's usually water weight (would have loved to have lost four pounds of fat but know that'll never happen in a week -ha ha)!

Kitteh - I LOVE sweet potato chips but cannot have them in the house as that's one of maybe three foods I cannot limit at all. I'll count out a serving and eat them for breakfast, etc. One day I counted the entire bag and just ate that and green beans and misc. other light things so I could fit the 800-900 calories into my day. CRAZY.

Annie - how was the pizza last night? Fun evening with your fiance? And those nuts? Still tormenting/tempting?

Barb - Like that line about the weight not going away - I keep saying that line from someone's blog - Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Maintaining your weight is hard. You have to pick your hard. I keep starting my journal entries with that. I'm adding yours to today's entry. THanks.

Penguin - I'm now counting on you to keep me real with no headgames when I weigh in at ww. I remember women would remove all jewelry, one even took a water pill hours before she'd weigh in. C'mon!! Of course I didn't want to wear jeans a week after I didn't ... How was your workout today?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #85  
Enjoying la bella vita

AND - not to hog the thread ... I finally got back to measuring stuff and was afraid to measure my peanut butter - i put two tbsp on a wheat 100 cal round for bkfst many mornings with a fruit as well ... and thought, has my two tbsp grown into much more? I measured this morning and was startled (yet relieved) to see that the two tbsp was just a bit more than I usually use! YAY. I LOVE trader joe's peanut butter - peanuts and salt. That's it. I don't eat much with a lot of sodium unless we make soup, so don't worry about that.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #86  

Susan, welcome! nice to have you join us! I'm 'restarting' after a diet meltdown a few months ago.

Ketteh, sweet potatoes and carrots are my two favorite veggies. I've wondered if that means something since they are both orange, but I think I just like them because they taste good

NP, its advice like water pills, drink 'this' to flush the sodium out of your system so you can eat something not on plan, and even questions like 'did you gain because of water weight?' that drive me nuts. "no, I gained because I ate half a pizza last night when I was only supposed to eat two slices." I know they mean well, but... rant over Good job on eyeballing your portions. I don't like to measure things even when I cook, so I've developed a pretty good eye for sizes.

ETA: First thing I have to do today is clean house! sigh

I wasn't sure this would work but below is a quote from an exercise forum I'm on. Its not like I've never heard this advice, or given this advice, LOL, but I have to agree with SL. I think its a good idea, and after the meltdown, I'd rather focus on exercise anyway. I've already got the 'toes' pushup goal, so I'm going to try to think of some others. Cardio endurance, possibly? I'm built like a draft horse not a racehorse so cardio isn't my strong point anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
as far as goals during weight loss, you can only control the behaviors, not the result, so I made goals of getting x amount of exercise in and eating x% according to plan every week - the weight did whatever - I'd drive myself nuts if I expected x lbs/week loss by x date.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-08-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #87  

I'm not usualy this tech savvy, but below is a video {I hope} of Hubby playing fetch with April in our backyard. If you click on the picture it should take to you Photobucket to watch the 3min video. We'll see?

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-08-2011 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:07 PM   #88  

wow, is all I can say,

Penguin- thank you so much for your story very inspiring and encourageing
Angels - thank you so much as well, your right, after christmas I did decide to look at what I was eating and knew it was not enough and that was throwing me into the binge cycle. So I added more food and it is helping, yesterday was bad though cause although I was not hungry I was a little bored at work in the afternoon and went down the wrong path, i felt so gross from eating so much and hate feeling like that. It robs you of your life. I don't know if it is just me but the worst thing i hate about being this heavy and staying this heavy is food just takes over my life then I dont even want to go out or do anything aside from work cause i feel to tired and fat. When i eat right I feel amazing and free and able to enjoy life more.
Kittie - thank you so much
NP thank yo so much for your imput and you are not hogging the forum, I love coming here and seeing what people post and what they are doing.
Legal welcome!
I thought of leaving not because I wanted to but because i thought it may be a detriment to others who are actually doing it and here i am not getting anywhere so thank you too all and I hop I did not miss anyone in my reply here. This has all been so inspiring and enoucraging from everyone!
Today I feel better emotionally and I know i have lost a couple pounds but dont want to weigh till tues as I know I did some damage yesterday. My pants are looser and so are my underwear hanging farther off my but instead of tight. yay
Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #89  

I got the housecleaning finished {moslty}. I bought a Eureka Enirosteamer for the floors {tile and hardwood} and this is my second week with it. Reading the instructions helped. Much easier than a mop and bucket. No workout today

Anyone having trouble with milk? Monday, we bought a gallon of 1% at Walmart and it was in-date but bad. So we bought a gallon of 1% at Schnucks last night and it smelled fine but tasted sour. Hubby returned it. The 'milk lady' said that's the third return on the 1%?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #90  

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

NP - My biggest challenge is making myself exercise. I know that once I force myself to do it regularly it will be easier & I will feel better, but it's so easy to have an excuse not to because there are so many other things I need to do as well. I also have some back issues that I'm probably going to have to have surgery on in the fall, but just this week I've gotten clearance from my orthopedist on what I can and can't do for exercise so I'm going to make a planned schedule and figure out where I can fit it in. If it's on my calendar, I'm more likely to do it.
Legal Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote