Old 10-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Kathi-So glad the doc is on top of things with the "lump". Let us know how everything turns out.

Alyssa-I'll try to get some pics, too!

I started my plan on 1/11/10. I started my own plan of counting calories (basically 130-144ish/day), lots of water (64+ oz./day), high fiber, reduced fat, reduced sugar, lots of fresh and unprocessed foods. The most important thing I think for me was starting an exercise program. I knew from past experience that if I did not exercise I would not be able to maintain any weight loss I might have. So I (finally) found something I enjoy and is not too hard on my knees or back (issues). I use the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs and walk 2-3 miles at least 5 days a week. I still allow myself to eat the things I love, just less of them and less often. Some things I try not to keep around much so I am not tempted to eat them too often. One of the biggest changes I made was bringing my lunch and breakfast to work DAILY. I work in a doctors office where food is frequently brought in and I knew I had to give up eating that kind of thing on a regular basis. If I eat out or have things that aren't on my plan, I want to choose what it is!

So I have 12 pounds until goal and I feel the best I have felt in years; maybe ever in my life. I know these changes are permanent for me. It is that important to me to be as healthy as I can as I get older.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 10-06-2010 at 04:06 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #32  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlosswanted View Post
Oh well, if the tests don't show anything the next trip is to the oncologist for bone scans and blood work. Back on the medical merry-go-round!
Thanks for the welcome I hope the mystery is solved and it is something easy to fix Congrats on the loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlyssaJoy View Post
Actually, one will even sabotage my food by putting extra butter, olive oil, gravy (etc) on it... I mean really regularly! The kids catch him doing this all the time! Ugh! Ugh! Ugh! I'm praying my heart out I can somehow get away with not gaining weight today!! (is there a 'praying' emoticon? I need one! )

:
What??!? That is a toughie. Just stay strong. I know it's hard, you will resist, you will resist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post

So I have 12 pounds until goal and I feel the best I have felt in years; maybe ever in my life. I know these changes are permanent for me. It is that important to me to be as healthy as I can as I get older.
Awesome!!

I have done awful today Partly because I am not intentionally trying to change yet. I feel terrible I can't wait until this weekend. DH will be traveling a god bit this and next week, and we want to start together. I guess we need to talk about it. I feel in limbo
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #33  

Height: 5'8"

OCTOBER? Have you started your Holiday Shopping

138 Alayssa - NICE!

I down -2, yeah!

Really do NOT want to see 180's again. Plan for next week is 17something

Bought a new set of tupperware, been bringing healthy lunches to work, cooking in advance... it's going well.

Come on, Friday!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!

Welcome to the new people!

Haven't been around too much as I am the secretary of the school's PTAG and we are doing 2 major fundraisers back to back. We raise about $15-17 000 during this time so free time is limited. After the 22nd life goes back to normal!

Keep up the great work! I've had some ups and downs but not too worried about it...still on track for the most part.
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello to all! I had a nice surprise this morning as I stepped on the scale....it said 150.5!!! I really needed that boost so I went with it and changed my ticker. Now I can't wait to see the 140s, so excited!

Beloved-Maybe if you just went outside and took a walk it would help you feel better. Move your body! I understand about you and DH wanting to start together. Hope he gets home soon. You certainly are ready, I can tell!

Bluflower-I KNOW you didn't just remind me that I haven't bought one thing for Christmas yet.... I did see something in a catalog last night I would like to get, though. Good for you for getting the Tupperware to use to take your food to work in.

Hi Maddie!-This is the first year in I-can't-remember-when that there is no fundraiser and I love it!! Once younger son gets into marching band in a couple of years, that will change though. Good luck!

I hope you all have a great day! I am taking off work tomorrow, but I will check in as I can over the weekend.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:31 AM   #36  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Way to go Annie, you're only 10lbs from goal!

I had my ultrasound and doctor's visit today, now I've developed symptoms of a UTI. Things did not go well, the "rib" pain I was having turns out to be my kidney, and my liver is tender as well. The ultrasound process was extremely painful and the preliminary results are inconclusive. Won't be able to get the full report until Thursday : ( And the urinalysis was negative even though I have all the symptoms! The doctor is treating me for a UTI and doing a culture on the urine sample. I HATE the whole medical roller coaster, so today was not a good day! I'm guessing a CT scan is going to be the next step before they send me back to the oncologist. I definitely need lots of prayers, I can handle whatever the diagnosis is but the uncertainty is incredibly stressful!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #37  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi friends...I'm back from Disney and my race. Unfortunately I had my very first DNF (did not finish)...some medical issues caused me some stress and I had to jump out early. I'm okay - if it had been my very first half I think it would have impacted me harder. This was my fourth -- and I made the right call for myself. Thankfully, i'm evolved enough as a person to not define myself based on one day - so I'm not beating myself up over it. My running blog is here: DebRunning.com if you want to read the report, it's at the top.

Otherwise, I'm back home - trying to make good food choices and working on hill training this month since my next half marathon is in November and goes straight up hill for the few few miles, blah. We went to Bushkill Falls yesterday and did the 2mile path with a lot of stairs and uphills.

Weight, I'm just hanging here not changing much. I need to put more concentrated effort in - and am dedicating this next month to staying very tight to my program.

Will try to go back and read a bit to see what everyone has been up to
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:56 PM   #38  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightlosswanted View Post

I had my ultrasound and doctor's visit today, now I've developed symptoms of a UTI. Things did not go well, the "rib" pain I was having turns out to be my kidney, and my liver is tender as well. The ultrasound process was extremely painful and the preliminary results are inconclusive. Won't be able to get the full report until Thursday : ( And the urinalysis was negative even though I have all the symptoms! The doctor is treating me for a UTI and doing a culture on the urine sample. I HATE the whole medical roller coaster, so today was not a good day! I'm guessing a CT scan is going to be the next step before they send me back to the oncologist. I definitely need lots of prayers, I can handle whatever the diagnosis is but the uncertainty is incredibly stressful!
You will be in my prayers

afm, I am afraid to weigh I am just getting started and have decided not to wait for DH to really start. He told me he doesn't want to worry about it until he is back from traveling so much and I can't say I blame him.

I am decluttering and sorting through my house and in the process I realized that I have lost my wedding photo cd I hope the photographer can send me a copy, I've emailed her.

I am on a little break and don't want to lose momentum.
BelovedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #39  
Deb

Kathi, just read back...will keep you in my thoughts hon and will say a prayer
Old 10-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #40  

Just popping in to say hi to all you girls!!

Kathi, I'm so, so sorry you're going through this; the pain, the stress from uncertainty... All of it. ... I'll pray and pray for you, and I won't stop until I hear a good report, sister.

Annie, congratulations on your weight loss!! Look out 140's! Here she comes!!

Love, Alyssa
AlyssaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #41  
Deb

Alyssa, just wanted to say -- that's the cutest bunny ever in your signature!
Old 10-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hiya, Deb! Sorry you didn't finish, but glad you were smart enough not to.

Annie, congrats! I'm jealous.

Kathi, keeping you in my well wishes.

Watching football in a little while, then a 2.92 mile walk on the dam dirt road. It has more hills than the regular dam road. About the same dam miles. My feet are tired today from the dam walk yesterday, but I need the exercise so I'll ignore that part and just do the dam walk. It is near the Buffalo Bil Dam in case anyone new thinks I swear a lot and can't spell...Dinner tonight is pumpkin and black bean soup. YUMMY! I bought a case of canned pumpkin at Sam's or Costco a few weeks ago after hearing a report of a pumpkin shortage...yikes!

Have a greeat day everyone!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #43  

Height: 5'5

Default Octoberfest in my tummy

You're so right about October and all the wonderful goodies that come with it, which all seem to relocate in my tummy and continue to party in there like an Octoberfest that lasts until Valentine's day! I think I'll carve my pumkin in the shape of a weight scale on tilt just as a gentle reminder of the damage I can do during the holidays. Any thoughts?
C.J.
luv2walk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:19 PM   #44  

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
Alyssa, just wanted to say -- that's the cutest bunny ever in your signature!
Hehe! Thank you, Deb! I just grabbed it from the emoticon page.

Kathi, I'm praying for you today, sister!

Barb!! LOL!! You did have me wondering about your 'dam walk'!! That's so funny! I'm still cracking up over here! LOL!!

I'm glad you said something about the possible pumpkin shortage! I'm going to buy some in bulk, too, now that you've brought that to my attention. Thank you!!

Your soup sounds really good, btw, Barb.

C.J., I love your pumpkin carving idea. *giggle* ....

I'm feeling overtired and unfocused today. I've stayed up too late two nights in a row watching movies, and now I'm paying for it. I'm going to really have to work hard to stay focused today. I don't feel like I'll be tempted to overeat, but I could easily overdo the calories accidentally by not paying attention. My weight loss has stopped for the last few days, and I'd love to get down to 137 by Friday if at all possible. We'll see.

Have a great Sunday, girls!

Alyssa
AlyssaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 AM   #45  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi all, been MIA for a while.

More bad stuff for me - my sister had a stroke and died totally out of the blue two weeks ago, so i rushed back to UK to be with the family for a bit. Mum's taking it hard as you'd imagine. Had 41 great years, but this year has been a shocker.

It's so good to be home again now though as i've been away overseas for various reasons (work mainly) for 8 of the last 9 weeks, so today and tomorrow i'm just taking a couple of days off work to relax.

Well, sort of relax. Just got in from 5hrs of scrubbing our decking and picking out all the tree-nut-thingys that wedge themselves inbetween the boards. So it's all ready for its anual oiling tomorrow (spring over here remember!).

The dramas of the last few weeks meant that i didn't feel hungry at all, so i've probably lost a bit of weight, but i haven't been exercising as much as normal and its definitely not the right way to lose weight.

I feel pretty unhealthy at the moment but seem to be struggling to discipline myself foodwise. Really need to be getting back to the healthy stuff and the running, and DOING instead of just HOPING!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote