Old 07-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 191.4/187/150

Height: 5'9

Default Women over 40

I just got this email today..too funny!

In case you missed it on 60 Minutes, this is what Andy Rooney thinks about women over 40:
60 Minutes Correspondent Andy Rooney (CBS)

As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, 'What are you thinking?' She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it's usually more interesting.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant.. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it. Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one. You don't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you... Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!

Andy Rooney is a really smart guy!
Forward to five fine, fun, fabulous, fancy-free female friends over 40 or who have female friends over 40!

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain. [/FONT][/B]
Beachplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

great essay but Andy Rooney didn't write it (and says he doesn't really agree with it either).

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/rooney2.asp
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #3  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

No matter where it came from it's funny, especially the part about the little sausage!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Beachplum, thx for sharing this funny and original essay (whomever wrote it it hit that mark in some many levels!!!)
Anyway, I thinking to give this to a good new friend who's turning 40 today.
Her husband of 10 years came home from a business trip a month ago and told her that he didn't love her anymore, took his things and left the next day, so as you can imagine she is really struggling and needs a lot of support.
A group of friends decided to get together tonight and throw her a "feel good party" to celebrate her life and just the amazing person that she is!!!

Cheers,

Caribbean Girl
caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #5  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbeangirl02 View Post
Beachplum, thx for sharing this funny and original essay (whomever wrote it it hit that mark in some many levels!!!)
Anyway, I thinking to give this to a good new friend who's turning 40 today.
Her husband of 10 years came home from a business trip a month ago and told her that he didn't love her anymore, took his things and left the next day, so as you can imagine she is really struggling and needs a lot of support.
A group of friends decided to get together tonight and throw her a "feel good party" to celebrate her life and just the amazing person that she is!!!

Cheers,

Caribbean Girl
That feel good party idea is pure genius. You are wonderful friends to do that for her. I think I'm going to steal that idea the next time a friend goes through a crisis.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/114/110

Height: 5'3

Motivatedchick, feel free to use it!!! BTW, it was not my idea but another one of our friends.. We are giving her a bag full of goodies (body lotion, candles, a nice book, cd with soothing nice music, you get the idea!)
Tonight I am taking a day off from dieting, there'll be lots of good wine there....

caribbeangirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote