Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi gang!

Well, all of the tornadoes went north, south and east of me and my family last night. So thankful. It was exciting TV watching (some of us get a kick out of watching storm coverage) and I ate the remainder of a bag of these while watching....

http://www.smallwoodsharvest.com/fil...%20Nuggets.JPG

...I had bought them over the weekend. I am usually not a muncher of chips and that type of thing, but I got a yen for them when I saw them at Cracker Barrel on Saturday. Well, they're gone and so are the tornadoes.

I weighed this morning and am only up 0.5 pounds. This was a surprise as I honestly expected more after the way I've been eating on the weekends. Keeping up the exercise is helping. Need to be more diligent about food on the weekends, though.

Have to run, but will try to come back later for personals.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #32  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Just stopping by real quick. Decided to change my avatar. Still no word from the doc but hopefully I'll hear today.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick drive by on my way to go for a dam walk in between rain storms.

Wizzie-WOW! You look great in the new avatar!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Love the new picture, Wizzie!

I'm still plugging away, staying on plan with food and down to 220.4 now, hoping that half pound keeping me out of the teens takes a hike very soon! lol!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #35  

Wizzie-Love the new pic! You look great.

Barb-Enjoy your dam walk!

Peanut's-Keep on chuggin'! You'll get to the 2-teens soon, I know it!

I'm thinking about ordering this bathing suit....

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...4/product.html

...input? I've heard that although most people think solid black is the most slimming, wearing something with a print covers the lumps and bumps and bulges. My gut still needs some work, but I think I can get by with this....
Old 05-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #36  

Update: Bought the swimsuit. There were only 2 left in the size I needed (size 14, do I dare hope it fits?), so I hauled off and ordered it!
Old 05-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #37  

Did the dam walk and survived. We are going to the big city next Tuesday so we can get supplies for guests at Costco. Robert is wanting to eat at Red Lobster or Carino's while we're there. I guess I can drink water while he eats. I'm not gonna give up a week's work for one meal at this point. It's a ot easier to eat 3500 calories than to exercise it. I looked at the menus, and anything I like is not really doable. And Red Lobster is dreaful and sneaky. They list the calories etc. for the entrees, and then you have to add the extra things like the salad, the rice or veg and the biscuits. And a 900 calorie meals have become 2500 in no time flat or whatever. I wonder how many people look and think that the count for just the entree is for the whole thing.

Looking at those menus made me cranky! And I wonder if I really want to spend the rest of my life doing dam hikes and eating nothing but rabbit food. I'm a tad frustrated today, I guess.

Barb
Old 05-20-2010, 05:38 PM   #38  

Barb-Could you get grilled fish and a salad w/ dressing on the side at Red Lobster? Maybe let yourself have ONE cheese biscuit? We ate there back in March and their lunch portions/prices are reasonable. Don't completely deny yourself sister!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 05-20-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #39  

Annie-I don't like fish. I would rather eat nothing than have to worry about every bite :-( I hope that if I ever get to goal I can be more sensible about it. I know that one meal won't cause me to destruct, but I feel like I've put in so much effort already, I don't want to do anything off plan right now. I like the shrimps. Grilled, scampi, baked, fried, coconut, all dripping with butter with a side order of grease and a dessert of fat.

It's about a 2 hour drive to Billings. We used to stop 1/2 way at a Maverick c-store and get breakfast. Then meet a friend for coffee. Then have Red Lobster or Thai or Carino's. A chocolate peanut butter banana malt on the way home. That was back before I quit smoking and got FAT. I can't even imagine anything I would want to eat out that is good for me. I can eat healthy at home and not spend $12 for a salad!

I was thinking maybe I could just cut back by a couple hundred calories a day from now 'til Tuesday, and maybe that would be damage control, but I kinda don't think it works that way. I'm not really sure. I did have a problem laast week when I stayed on plan but had too many of my allowable calories as "white trash" carbs. I don't wanna go there again.

UGH!

I hope everyone else is having a better day! I'llkk get oer my snit and figure out the best thing to do. Prolly just take some chicken and fruit in the car and get Robert breakfast and a malt. Those are both things he can have in the car that won't bother me, but I don't think it would work to go to the other places and have just water. I would feel more deprived that way.

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 05-20-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Barb: I feel your pain. I'm going to New Orleans for the weekend to a conference. Have you ever been to New Orleans? More incredible restaurants than you can imagine. The one thing I am telling myself is that I'm not going to waste calories on junk. I'm going to save them for some really good food. Also have to watch the alcohol. New Orleans is one of the few cities where alcohol is served 24/7.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 PM   #41  

Petra-I've never been but always wanted to go and listen to jazz and eat southern food there. Not this week I guess. I hope you have a wonderful trip. I think I would just eat 'til I exploded...I imagine you will have mre control than that.

B
Old 05-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #42  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Mary: we are on the same wavelength, I had icecream for dinner last night too!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #43  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

barb - sounds like you're going strong. I understand what you're saying about $12 for a salad, on the other hand sometimes you just have to take the expense and call it an experience. I'm saying this because me and hubby are apart lots, so we need to make the most of when we're together, so it means that sometimes it would be easier to stay home and pay nothing and for me to grab some salad from the fridge, on the other hand sometimes it's worth thinking that a meal is more than just the calories and whilst it's not worth it when you consider the price, it's worth it for other reasons.....
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning, all. Happy Friday!

I've been good about my exercise all week, so I am pleased with myself. I did my first spin class yesterday--what a workout! Killer on the legs. And I am cautiously optimistic because the scale said I dropped another pound. Unfortunately, the weekend looms, and it's harder to stay on the diet on the weekend than during the week.

So, I have a plan ('cause winging it hasn't been working). I'm going to the gym both Sat and Sun to partake of some classes (that gets me past the "I'll do it later" syndrome--you know, where later never arrives), and I will write out my menus for those days as well so I don't wonder what to eat when.

Today, no gym class in the a.m., so I'm thinking treadmill, and then this evening is the Zumba class that I want to try out. The only problem with evening classes is that once I'm home, I don't like to leave again to go to the gym (or much of anywhere--I'm a homebody). That's why I run errands to and from work, taking advantage of already being out.

My other hurdle is that today is treat day--I allow myself to have two bakery cookies. Don't ask the calories. I've been trying to make it one cookie, but they're sold in pairs and once they're in the house--well, you know how that goes. Hmm, maybe if I freeze the spare right away. Anyway, having a treat on a given day has been really helpful in keeping me from straying--I just remind myself that I have a sanctioned treat coming up and I just have to hold out 'til then.

The problem is that now that I'm seeing movement on the scale, I hate to veer even an inch from my course--even though I know that one indulgence in a week is not going to make a significant difference. Do I go ahead and have my indulgence, because it keeps me from straying at others times, and helps me feel less deprived? Or do I go cold turkey all the way--which I have done before and can do again, but I know I will feel deprived, and when I allow myself to have sugar again, I will go wacko and binge and put major poundage back on?

I think I just answered my own question. I'm more concerned about the wacko sugar-binging behavior than slowing down my weight loss (as long as it doesn't slow to a stop). So, I'm going to stick with my current plan, recognizing that it isn't chiseled in stone and can be modified later if I'm not satisfied with the results.

Thanks for 'listening'.

Have a great weekend.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #45  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

I had a wake up call from my doctor. I had blood work done last week, the day after a sugar binge. He said my glucose was borderline high (100) & that was a fasting test. This is serious- I can't mess with my body like this.

My mom is obese and has Type II diabetes. I could easily go down the same path. Last night, I had the strangest sugar binge ever. I ate a big bag of cough drops. Sugary and mentholy-- kind of gross and it hurt my sinuses.

I commit to getting back on plan today and stick to complex carbs, protein, and good fats. The scale is up today- 134.5, but I'm not worried, the weight will come down, as long as stay on plan this weekend.

Other than that, I'm feeling good. Went to Old Navy for pants & fit into a size 4 comfortably. I don't know what size I really am b/c Old Navy sizes run large. I'm probably a 7/8 now.

I go on my big trip on Tuesday so I have a lot of packing to do over the weekend. But I'm excited that there is a festival & a non-motorized car race in my neighborhood. People build these weird contraptions and race down a hill into a big mud puddle at the finish line.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote