Old 04-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Barb-no requirement to talk to everyone on personals. Hope you get to ride your bicycle to and that you have a good weigh in too.

Marie-yes, I like my job most of the time. I feel like I make the world a better place almost every day and not many people have jobs like that. My friend being on maternity leave is wearing me out. I have extra responsibilities and I'm on call a lot more often. It's almost over. I'm not big on fat free yogurt either. I typically buy the Fage 2%. The Chobani fat free with fruit on the bottom is pretty good though if you want to get brave.

Annie-sorry about your fiance's neighbor. We used to say the same thing in residency-only nice people get cancer-or so it seems. I almost became an oncologist (I think I told that story here once already so I won't do that again). I NEVER used to wear makeup-well, maybe special occassions but for some reason, in the last 6 months I started wearing make up. I now wear it almost every day. I guess I just started caring about my appearance in general more than I used to. I don't think I will ever be one of those people who can't leave the house without it but I now wear it most of the time. I like to shop at outlets so when I go I go into the cosmetics outlet and see what I can find. I'm all about bargains.

Cindy-have a great weekend. I'm jealous about the trip to HI. I would love to be going to HI.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

hi all -

another drive by post to report that I'm still pretty sick. I went to the doctor today, and I'm heavy duty antibiotics for two weeks plus a steroid inhaler for two weeks and a couple of other meds. Hope to start feeling more human by the weekend.

The good news is that I'm still journalling my food and staying on plan - the food I'm eating is pretty much a habit at this point. And I was down 1.8 lbs today, I think a TOM whoosh. But I'm not going to claim it yet on my ticker, I'm not positive it will stick, so I'll wait to see where I am on Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing well, and hope to try to get at least a little caught up once I'm feeling better.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #63  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I'm still lurking, just getting used to the new schedule and some crazy stuff going on. On the gastric sleeve, my sister had it and has lost over 100 lbs. She is having to work at it though. I'm waaay too far behind to do personals! We're having 80 degree temps, everything is in full bloom. Next 7 days will be sunny and low 80's. Yay for spring! (even though I did have a major bout of allergies over the last weekend and early in the week. I bought my tickets to houston and will be on my way on 4/10, for a whole week : ) Thinking I'm burned out and just need a break.
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 AM   #64  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Drive by post for me this morning. I work for the only school district in my area that has classes today! DD is off and spending the day with a friend.

I have great news! I can FINALLY move my ticker again. After gaining this winter, losing a little and then gaining some more, As of this morning I am 2 pounds under where I left off this fall. 16 pounds til goal! I knew it was going to be a good day, I actually felt thinner this morning when I woke up. I know alot was water with my crazy messed up cycle but a loss is a loss and i'm taking this one! I have had 2 solid weeks of being under 1500 calories and exercise every day. It feels good to be back in control! I just had to share! I'll be back later!

Have a fantastic friday!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I was hoping this would be the week I would break my 220 barrier but I didn't quite make it. I'm right on the edge. I've got to get there soon.

OMW-congrats on your loss. Soon you will join our other maintainers. How exciting.

WLW-nice to hear about your sister and her surgery. Has she had any major side effects? That seems to be the big benefit of this surgery, no dumping syndrome, no going back for adjustments, fewer if any vitamin deficiencies, etc. I'm with you on the burned out thing. I've been working my butt off since my friend has been on maternity leave and I desperately need a few days off.

Peanutsmom-feel better soon.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #66  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Peanuts - wow, good thing you went in to see the doctor! Hope you are on the mend, and congrats on the discipline during your illness!

petra - you DO make the world a better place. Does your friend have a locked-in return date that you can count on?

OMW - cool! Our winter "break" is over! I'm right with ya (but only 4 days under 1500 cals so far). Isn't it weird to wake up feeling thin?

Kathi - Houston looks like a fun place. I used to have regular stopovers there when I was in my travel-for-work time, and always wished I could have had a little more time to look around. I love Texas - feels "right".

Count me among the no makeup ranks. I just never felt compelled. I was blessed with unusually good skin, and when I eat well and exercise - it shows. I guess ... when I feel good inside, I'm comfy with what I'm projecting out into the world. Geez ... did that make any sense at all?

The weather has been indescribably wonderful here. 70's and sun. Michiganians are on the move again! I see runners and bikers and people are out cleaning up their yards. It's all good!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello all! Not much time this morning, busy day at work. We had big thunderstorms this morning, with wind and hail. Nothing like jumping right into severe weather season. That's Oklahoma. Got up and did my new DVD this morning. I'll cut and paste what I put on the WATP thread to see if any of you have input.

Has anyone tried the Weight Loss Boot Camp DVD? It is 3 miles of walk and tone intervals. Comes with 2 figure 8 bands and has a short abs section at the end. The copyright is 2010. I bought it at Wal Mart. I just looked quickly through it this evening. Looks like a good workout, but I noticed one thing. It seems as if they added the music separately because it seems like Leslie is never exactly in sync with the beat of the music. Anyone tried it yet?

I did a little over 2 miles of this this morning. You can choose it in mile increments or one entire 3 mile workout. I wanted to just do 2 miles to begin, not overdo. But at the end of the 2 mile, just after you have done some training on the right side, you expect to do the left side.....but it stops. If you want to finish on the other side, you have to start the 3 mile section. That is what I did and then did a cool down after the other side. There are a couple of moves that caused my knee to twinge, and I have to keep the jogging on low impact. (I have issues with my right knee and must be very careful.) It is a good workout, but the music synching still kind of bothers me.

I really need to think about giving up the Slim Fast bars completely. They are bound to run out soon as the discontinued them. I've been ordering them from Amazon. Though I think we decided that they are somewhat healthy, I cannot keep having them as a snack. They just call to me from the shelf. I hope I can have some discipline NOT to reorder when this batch runs out. My fav time to eat one is when I get in bed at night with my crossword book. Bad, bad all around.

Love to all and a blessed Good Friday!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Petra-I feel your pain. I'm guessing I will stay the same this week or maybe even have gained. Hormones and no exercise...it sucks being a girl sometimes!

OMW-congrats! It has to feel good to move that ticker.

Annie-I saw that video yesterday at walmart. I saw a bunch. I have no idea what is a good one for beginners. I mean TOTAL beginner here. They all looked scary, so I didn't get one. And even the 2 lb. weights felt like they weighed a ton. I know eventually I will have to do something besides cardio and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Today is bike riding day. Yaaay! We had about an inch of snow last night, but it's already melting and the roads are drying out. Will ride to walmart to get quick cooking barley for that aspergrass "risotto" recipe for Easter. And more pita breads. Hoping to get in a good ride maybe today and tomorrow so I cna have a small hike on Sunday.

Have a great day, y'all!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #69  

AngelsKeep-This is the DVD I started with.

http://www.lesliesansonevideos.com/5dayfitwalk.htm

If I can do it, anyone can!

The two pound weights aren't bad when you use them. I just keep feeling how heavy they are......and how much of that 2 pounds x ? has come off of my body!! I have thought about increasing the weights, but want to wait until I think I am really ready!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #70  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I did lose. I lost a whole pound! 25.6 pounds lost.

I was helping a friend move. Then I took prom photos for the daughter of a friend. Don't think I've ever mentioned it here but I do a lot of photography. I just got into portraits. I've been doing landscape photography for years.

I also had a NSV yesterday. After loading the moving van, they took me to lunch. They wanted to go to this place in town that has really bad ( aka YUMMY and fattening) food. I am happy to report that I got a veggie wrap with balsamic viniagrette on the side. This place has wonderful giant hamburgers and pub chips. It was definitely a victory.

I'm a once a day makeup applier. If you see me when I just put it on great. You get to see me looking better. If you see me late in the day. Sorry missed your chance.

Annie - DVD sounds interesting. I think it would bug me that you'd have to do the whole 3 miles to get both sides done though. Did you think it was a little strange? I support you girl. You can give up the Slim Fast bars. You can do IT!!! Sorry to hear about your friend. A cancer diagnosis is never easy to hear.

WLW and Peanut - I hope you're back to your old selves really soon.

OMW, YEAH for moving the ticker!!!!

Petra- I imagine the Crepe Myrtles will be just fine. We've had ones in our yard survive ice storms. I can't believe how much it snowed in MS this year.

Becky - Thanks for the heads up on the book. I'm definitely going to look around for it.

Marie - Hope the weather is warmer today for you. It's about 88 degrees here today and not a cloud in the sky. I'm soooo ready to not be at work.

Ya'll have a great day!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #71  

Annie-I think that might be one of the ones at walmart. I'll have to go look again. Do you do the whole ting at home then infront of the tv?

Barb
Old 04-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelskeep View Post
Annie-I think that might be one of the ones at walmart. I'll have to go look again. Do you do the whole ting at home then infront of the tv?

Barb
Barb-That's what confused me about it in the beginning, too. Yes, you walk in front of the TV. Kind of like marching in place. And I did get both of my DVDs at Wal Mart.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #73  

Thanks all for the comments on our friend who has cancer. I cook for him and his son alot when I am out at fiance's. This weekend our friend says he wants meatloaf, so meatloaf it is!!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #74  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Just a two minute hello. Beautiful, beautiful weather--having friends over and eating on the screened in porch. Did run six today...first one outside in a while and it was so nice. Spent much of the afternoon at the park. Watched my daughter fall off on the big slide from halfway up. (She was climbing up and had to back up to let someone down. Slide etiquette.) A good feeling to see her get up and run over to me, crying. Knew it was nothing that kisses and Bandaids couldn't fix. Will get back eventually for personals, but just wanted to say hi. Oh, my eating has been medium...I'd give myself a B-. But as long as this is what my bad eating is like, I feel okay.

Lizzie
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #75  

Annie-Thanks for getting me headed the right direction. I didn't find that exact one, but did find one of her other ones that looked similar, so I bought it and we just finished watching it. I think I can start off with the warm up for now and see if I can progress from there.

Wizzie-congrats on that pound. You first ose one and then it turns into two, right. Someone here told me that...was it you? LOL!

Everyone-when I come here to whine about the workout, you can all kick me in the butt and tell me to get back to work. About once a week, I ride the bike more strenuously than I am used to and I end up crying out of frustration. I'm guesssing the WAHTYD (Walk at Home Til You Die) video will create the same situation.

Guess I should do some work for an order so I can watch Jamie Oliver on tv this evening. Love that new show of his.

Barb