Old 03-31-2010, 06:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 192/189.4/162/145

Height: 5'7"

Smile In a similar situation!

Hi, Lyv, I'm in a similar boat! Am 47 y.o. and founded and manage a parent network for education in my area (volunteer), so with that and running kids all over town for school and their activities I find it tough to stick to any plan. The home computer work is like an octopus and keeps taking over my free time, and I get such great pleasure from Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream when I'm stressed that it's very tough to give up.

Have a nagging achilles injury so I can't set a goal of power walking a marathon like I did 4 years ago, and shorter goals just haven't kept my interest this year. Am at my personal max weight-wise, though, and really want to get the weight back under control. 30 pounds off would make a huge difference in my comfort and appearance.

I'll link to this thread to see what the wise women on this forum suggest, and maybe we both can climb out of this rut one day or even one hour at a time! Good luck to you!
busymovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I have had achilles tendonitis for a couple of years now and it makes it very difficult to do a tremendous amount of working out. You know, now that I am thinking about it, that is about the time that I started gaining this weight. I was just in misery and couldn't hardly walk. It even hurt when I was off of it. I stopped going shopping, stopped doing anything active that I had to be up on my feet for. Now, it doesn't hurt all the time, just when I've walked a lot. Well, I can't wait for the weather to stay hot enough to open the pool up and do some exercising in there. I have been walking some on my treadmill, but it still makes my heel hurt.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 192/189.4/162/145

Height: 5'7"

Default Weekend goal...

Lyv,

Yes, my weight is definitely tied to the achilles problems, too. I get going toward a goal and then screw up and push it too much, hurt it and have to rest it for a few months. Very frustrating, and the less I exercise the more I graze... ahem, more like binge... on those high fat/salty/delicious foods. Am trying to turn it around one day at a time though, and this time I'm going to do it! Support from this forum may help to climb out of this rut.

Am at the beach with family for the weekend so I'm going to walk in the deep sand daily and hit the gym with my 15 y.o. son at least once. I do much better when I'm away from home and those daily responsibilities!

Is there a favorite tv show you can watch while you walk on the treadmill? That'd help with keeping it up. Hope it warms up soon for you wherever you are!
busymovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #19  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'm weighing daily, but it's turning me into a nut case!!! I'm going to switch to weekly...any day now...
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

Smile

Well, I have been weighing daily. Which is not a good thing because it has been that TOM for me this week. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 170.5. I thought to myself this just can't be right because I was 174 yesterday, but I guess it's because I'm done with the TOM and I have been trying to watch what I have been eating this week. I think that paid off even though I was discouraged because of the daily weighing.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote