Old 03-25-2010, 10:16 AM   #76  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Rottie & Sum - Welcome. Lovely group of peeps here. Jump right in! Rottie... I have a Bernese Mountain Dog. We have a lot of animal lovers here.

Marie - Can I stowaway in your suitcase in Dec? I love Cancun!

Heidi - Love the haircut. I think you look AWESOME girlfriend. Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope things improve for her soon.

Red Hook - So sorry about your friend

WLW - I understand the after the migraine fuzziness. I have that too after one.

Peanut - Keep your snow. TYVM.

Petra - My Pomeranians use to corner armadillos in the garage. The 5 pound Poms didn't know they were outweighed and outgunned. They had breed confusion. They thought they were Rottweilers.

ICU - Yes it is an incredible rush to get up and put your feet on the floor without pain. I had forgotten what it was like.

Suzy - YW on the heel seats. I hope they work for you too. Sorry about your Aunt. I hope you have fun at the quilt show.

Yesterday was a good weigh in. I told ya'll I lose weigh every other week and this week was my week to lose 4.4 pounds! It works out to be about 2.2 a week. So needless to say, I'm happy as a clam or a jumping carrot.

I have regular exercise back in the mix. I have the 5K walk this Saturday that I'm really pumped about. We've almost met our $500 goal as a team for MADD.
I'm so happy that my feet are better but I'm protecting them. When I exercise I also tape my plantar facia for extra support and I wear my night brace religiously now. I feel like I'm getting somewhere now.

Have a great day ya'll!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:00 PM   #77  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

WLW, great news that the car is sold and a new apartment. That you have easy access to a gym and pool is wonderful.

Liz, dog week – I love it. It’s always best to take all of life one day at a time or it is too overwhelming. I think you hit on the right perspective.Soccer cheerleaders – too funny! I bet that the social interaction of the soccer team is more important at her age than the skills.

Petra, your beach babies are so adorable. I love that they stayed in place after you dropped their leashes to take their pics. My huskies would have been miles down the shore.

Becky, I am so glad you’re pleased with DS’s new school. The conference should be enlightening on whether your expectations with the change were met. And no jelly beans. If you need, open a bag of sugar and pour it in your mouth – it’s the same thing.

Cindy, nope – no hiking at Mt Shasta – I ski there. It’s my local area and Tahoe is my treat. I like hiking close to home because I hate driving anywhere on my days off. Enjoy your morning off from driving down the hill.

Wizzie, I’ve heard little dogs often think they’re big dogs. Who wont the battles with the armadillos? Congrats on the 4.4 pounds!!!! You’re doing fabulous.

So DD’s ex confirmed we have DGS for the weekend. It will be great. Everyone (DH, me, DD, DS, DGS and DIL) are traveling over the mountain for a day of playing. The Children’s Science Museum is on the agenda because DGS loves to know how everything works . We’re also going to the place DH and I went in December that had the most awesome cinnamon rolls. So that is a planned deviation. Shopping at Toys R Us, etc. A full day. I already put DGS’s car seat in my Jeep to pick him up tomorrow. I’m so excited to see him. It’s been since mid January and he lives in my town. The nasty custody fight has hurt everyone, especially DGS as he worships my DH.

Two co-workers want to go out to lunch and I was a wet blanket when they asked me. I took time to make a chef’s salad and wanted it. But I did say yes but now the idea’s originator’s feelings are hurt. Ah, what to do? Honestly though, I really want the chef’s salad…

And yesterday I got the weirdest email. Someone wrote saying they wanted to buy my dog. They saw my website and fell in love... Ah, now way in heck. Ten million bucks wouldn't get me to sell any of my beloved babies.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Aw heck! I have been trying to post a reply with notes on everyone elses replies and I finally just gave up! Not enough time to backtrack now! You all are doing great!! I did want to note...

Heidi-You look mahvelous dahling!! Love the haircut!

Wizzie-Congrats on the 4.4 pounds!!

Petra-I'll pack and drive you down to Destin!! Oh wait....I have to work and be a Mom! Maybe next time!!

Been focusing WAY too much on food......what I get to eat next and when. Very frustrating. I need to find something else to focus on....maybe like cleaning my house or getting started on yard work!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Everyone is super busy! That's exciting! Spring has sprung! Finally! Our big adventure is my DH getting lasik tomorrow. He's going to love it.

I just came from weighing in - I'm down a total of 24 lbs and 23 inches. That is very exciting for me.
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #80  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Annie, yeah right - focus on something like cleaning instead of food. I like food (ok love) but HATE cleaning. I'm thinking that switch would be like when pigs fly.

Lola, DH will love his lasik results. I had mine done 10 years ago. I LOVE it even though now I'm not able to see upclose. Old age will do that and the dr. says nothing can be done about that.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Lola-congrats on the big loss. That fabulous!

Marie-that's what cleaning ladies are for!

Wizzie-would have loved to see pomeranians trying to jump an armadillo,

I don't know what has gotten into me today-hormones, nerves over my lecture this weekend, the exboyfriend texting me today......but I have eaten everything that wasn't nailed down including BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!! I only had one small piece but that is WAY out of character for me. I put it all in my journal. Fortunately I did well with breakfast and lunch so my calories aren't horrible so far but I may be eating breakfast for dinner tonight just to keep it in line.

On a better note, I got my new toy today. My fitbit, that is. Actually, I got tired of waiting for it through the usual route which now said I wouldn't get it till next month some time and bought one on ebay. Had to pay a little extra for it but that was okay. It is really small, about the size of a thumb drive. I can see how they would be really easy to lose. I'll be playing with it this weekend for sure and let you all know what I think when I get used to it. On their website there are all kinds of stories about people sending them through the wash and losing them so I know I need to be careful about that.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #82  

Hey Petra-One small piece of birthday cake isn't too bad as long as it isn't a habit and you can stop at one. I let myself have treats sometimes.

I made the best supper tonight! I sauteed some fresh mushrooms in some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray until soft and then dumped in 2 servings of Egg Beaters....little salt and pepper.....mushroom omelet! YUM!! Ate it with tomatoes (I love eggs and tomatoes for some reason) and a big salad. Tasted so good.

Spent a little while swishing and swiping the bathroom and picking up the living room. Did a load of laundry, too.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 PM   #83  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Petra – I hope you enjoy your time in Destin this weekend! I’m sure your speech will go well! Love the picture of your dogs – sweet! Sorry you had a bad food day today… Maybe that fitbit will be just what the doctor ordered!! Wait, you are the doctor. You ordered it. Check.

Marie – Can you tell how you’re doing by how your clothes are fitting? Or are you wearing different clothes while you still recover? Because I find that even 5 pounds makes a difference in how my pants feel… I bet you are doing fine weightwise! Maybe my DS8 has a career in photography LOL! Actually, I think he must have accidentally had the focus on something else so I am a little blurry. Definitely helps! My DH was given one of those salt chocolate bars, and I enjoyed it very much! Usually I’m not much of a chocolate person, though… LOL re: your advice to go for a bag of sugar instead of jelly beans… I’ll have to remember that! How wonderful that you have your grand-daughter for the weekend. Have a wonderful time! I hope the custody battle is waning… Someone tried to buy your dog?! Weird.

WeightlossWanted – glad to hear things are moving forward with the apartment and car; how nice to have a gym right in the building! How is your back?

RedHookMom – too funny about soccer.

AngelsKeep – I love all the animal stories! Sounds like you live in a wonderful place; I’ll have to add that to the list of places I want to go visit!

ICUWishing – bummer about your clothes not fitting quite right. Sounds like you need a shopping trip! Re: makeup, I never used to wear much, but I’ve definitely started wearing more in the last couple of years. I used to have skin that people wished they could replicate with makeup. Now, not so much… Very funny mole story, btw. What did the dr say about your DS? My DS had pneumonia, and his only symptom at first was a terrible cough, although it did eventually turn into difficulty breathing. I hope your conference went well; it sounds like this school was a great fit! Oh, and yes, we’re spending 3 days in Denali. Will have to look into the Mt. Healy hike.

CruiseCAT – that is so nice that you get along well with your DIL; I hope to have the same one day! I agree; being proactive re: health is the way to go. I am famous for firing doctors that I think are incompetent and searching off to find better… So… new avatar??

Wizzie – I’m glad you had a great weigh in and that you are exercising again; great news!

AnnieDrews – clean house or yard work??! Two evils, although I do love having flowers all around… you need to find a better distraction! Your dinner sounds wonderful – yum! I made a marvelous dinner last night – grilled tofu over stir-fried bok choy & veggies. It was divine; DH loved it too! The boys ate a tiny nibble each, and both agreed it wasn’t the worst thing they have ever eaten. How kind.

LolaJean – congrats on your weightloss! And good luck to your DH tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my haircut and revised appearance. I honestly don’t see a difference in my face but I’m glad that you all do!! (even if you’re humoring me… LOL) Nothing else going on. My sister’s issue is that she has breast cancer, so she has a long road ahead of her. She has always been incredibly fit and healthy, and now this. As you can imagine, I’m through the roof with worry for her. Ugh. I can’t wait to see her next weekend…

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-25-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typo!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:54 AM   #84  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, so much going on! And everyone is doing awesome : )

Cindy: glad things are going so well with your DSS!
Marie: enjoy being grandma, they grow up too fast. I understand how hard it is being in the same town and not getting to visit. I haven't seen my oldest dgd in over 4 years : (
Heidi: sorry to hear about your sis and that she isn't wanting help right now. I needed more help later on in my treatment, so the time may come when she reaches out.

After 9 hours of sleep I woke up with the migraine having returned. It finally vanished at some point over a late lunch and walking on the beach with a friend : ) We ordered a huge lunch because of the gift certificate she had, but I was really good. Just a few bites of everything. I even stuck to just one small piece of bread! Yesterday we went to Jason's deli which I've always heard was supposed to be super healthy. Well some of their sandwiches come with nutritional info - they were 400-500+ calories and had at least 16 grams of fat. Yuck! I did half a build-your own sandwich (roast beef on rye w/ lettuce and swiss cheese) and a cup of fruit.

Got a scratchy throat so I think I've caught whatever is going around the call center : ( 2nd time this year I've been sick which is really unusual for me. My back's doing much better - no more muscle spasms. Booked my ticket to houston next month, can't wait to go on vacation! And my new schedule starts next week. I work 2 days, off sunday then monday thru friday like a normal person : ) Hope everyone has a great weekend!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #85  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Kim – I was the same way when I was consistently losing my weight week to week.

Marie – Enjoy your weekend with DGS. I am a firm believer in KARMA and one day the ex WILL pay. After 10 years of heated battle I never would have thought we would be in the position we are in now. Unfortunately the relationship with the two now adults wasn’t great and sadly Mack’s daughter has decided to take sides when for once it seemed everyone was on the same page. We would talk at least once a week and now our calls/text/emails go unanswered. We have not heard from her since DSS got here. As for the other DSS we have talked a couple times but feel that it is still wise to proceed cautiously. I will say the hardest part for us is to do what we have always said we would, treat the ex as we wanted to be treated.

Annie – Thanks for the reminder, this weekend is yardwork and pool cleanup around here. With all the rain we had this winter the Russian Thistle (tumble weed) is going to take over if we don’t do something about it NOW.

I too LOVE omelets. One of my favorite meals, doesn’t matter what time of day.

Lola – Excellent progress!!!

Petra – You’ll have to let us know how you like the FitBit.

Heidi – My thoughts are with you and your sister during this difficult time. As for my hair all I did was color so no real change. Still might do some new pictures, especially if we hike on Sunday.

Kathi – Hope the scratchy throat didn’t turn in to more. Woo Hoo on the new schedule.

The month has flown by but the last five days have crawled, finally it’s Friday. Our plans this weekend are to do so yardwork get the pool ready to open and hopefully a hike on Sunday. DSS will be on break next week so no trips down the hill…. WOO HOO

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 03-26-2010 at 08:20 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #86  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Kathi- Hope you feel better soon. Being sick and having a migraine is no fun at all.

Heidi - Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers.

Annie - That mushroom omelet sounds divine!

Petra - Yes, watching 2 5 pound Poms take on an armadillo is quite amusing.

Marie - I was usually a draw with them because I usually stepped in before the Poms got hurt or bitten. The other funny thing is my male Pom, Jasper, used to point deer in the yard. He also thought he was a hunting dog. This was really funny considering he was the prissiest dog in the whole world. He hated to get his feet wet at all.

Well tomorrow's the big walk and I'm ready. Last night I also worked out with STS excerpt videos from YouTube. I'm too cheap to spend $300 on it right now. However, it worked I did arms and shoulders and I still have spaghetti arms this morning.
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #87  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

WeightlossWanted, CruiseCAT, Wizzie – thank you for your well wishes for my sister!

WeightlossWanted – I hope your migraine is better today. I hate when “nutritious” things are so calorie laden. It always feels deceptive to me. There is one local chain restaurant here that actually has an app on-line where you can see ALL the individual components in your meal, add or subtract them, and get an updated count. So you can see the salad, for example, then delete the croutons, cheese, and dressing, and then get an updated count. It’s pretty cool, and also pretty bold of them to put it all out there like that, I think.

CruiseCAT – good luck with the yard work in the short term and the family relationships in the long term! It’s kind of funny to think that you close your pool for the winter, even in California! I wouldn’t have expected that…

Wizzie – good luck with your walk this weekend; sounds like you are prepared!

Here, I’m squeaking out of March with maintenance. I hate to use it as an excuse but with everything else going on, I just haven’t been exercising. And for me, when I’m not exercising, it goes hand in hand with not being vigilant about food. So on the one hand I feel great that I have maintained my weight (down 0.3 – woo hoo – LOL) but on the other hand I would like to regain my focus and do a little better in April. I’ve still lost 6.5 pounds for the year to date, and 10 pounds since Thanksgiving, which is great. I just need to build on that.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Hey, March isn't over yet. I'm still hoping to see a number below 220 before April 1.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #89  

Hello everyone! So glad it is Friday. The boys will be home from their Dad's this evening. Hope to make it a weekend of a mixture of fun and work. We are all going to make a joint effort on getting the yard cleaned up tomorrow...that is if we can fight the 25 mph winds predicted...this IS Oklahoma. Will get done what we can. I promised my younger son a movie a while back and we may try to go and see it tomorrow. Will have to figure out what I am going to do about those nachos I love to get! Maybe get them, add an extra cup of cheese and split them with my son....we'll see. Need to get an inexpensive pair of shoes for church. With my job I only wear walking shoes so my low heels are all a bit out of style and worn.

My weight has been up/down by 3 to 5 pounds this week! Think I am going to try to settle on Thursdays for my new official weigh-in. Would like to reach 20 pounds off by the end of next week! Fingers crossed.

Heidi-The fact that your sister has always been fit and healthy will be a plus for her during her cancer battle. I do wish her the best.

WLW-Glad you are getting excited for your trip. We are still trying to figure out if/when we will go on vacation. It is really depending on where older son begins his college in the fall. Two big differences in price. I had hoped to do a Disney World trip to celebrate his HS graduation, but that is looking less and less likely. Paying for school is more important. Sometimes I hate having to be responsible!

CruiseCAT-Sisters in yardwork!!

Wizzie-I also loved the image of your dogs cornering an armadillo and pointing the deer....to cute! My little girl mini-dachshund thinks she is much bigger than she is in reality, too. Good luck with the walk!

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 03-26-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 180/176/145

Height: 5'6'

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning Everyone!

I am new to this site so this is my official 1st post ( aside from the Bio ).
A couple of months ago I decided I would begin a journey to get healty...well I failed several times. I have learned that I am an emotional eater and the more stressed I get the more juck food I crave.

Well I am determined to change! For my health, and my family.
Right now I have determined to loose 30 pounds. I amr eally nervous becasue I found that it is so difficult to get started.

In years past I was very consistent about exercising, that is walking or even going to the gym. But in recent years, my girls have gotten really busy, I started working full-time and the job I accepted just does not have the flexibility my work schedule had in the past when it came to exercise during the day.

I am super Taxi mom in the evening so I am just going to have to figure out a way to make it all work!

I aw looking forward to reading all of your posts and possibly get some support, ideas and suggestions on how to make this happen.

FindingMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote