Old 03-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #46  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sorry to be MIA again...our life is crazy here right now. Aunt Hazel made a suicide threat Sunday while we were out for our anniversary, so we had that to deal with when we got home Sunday night. She is in no danger, but it had to be reported to us, social services, and a psychiatrist was brought in for an evaluation. She is on suicide watch, but she has really gone down hill since Sunday mentally and physically since Sunday and I don't think she would be physically capable at this point. We spent the morning at the doctor's office with her today and even the doctor was surprised by the decline. It just seems as though she has given up and is willing herself to die. We're trying to spend as much time at the nursing home as we can, so if I'm not around as much as usual that is why.

Wizzie ~ My heel seats came yesterday! I've been on my feet most of the day and they really do make a difference! I'm hoping that I will still get to go to the quilt show on Friday, so I can really test them out. Thanks again for the information!

Marie ~ I'm anxious to see your quilt too!

Lambchop ~ "We all have bad days, but it's the cumulative effect of how we live our lives day to day that makes the biggest impact." I may have to print that out and put it on my refrigerator! I really needed to hear that after the last few days that I have had!

Annie ~ Both of my boys got like that towards the end of their senior years. I don't know that they ever really put it into words, but I think it all boiled down to fears about their childhood ending and their adult life starting. It's exciting and scary all at the same time and boys being boys, they have a hard time expressing it.

To everyone else I'm just going to say hello and hopefully I can catch up with everyone later on!

(Thanks for all the happy anniversary wishes too! For the most part it was a nice day!)
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:56 PM   #47  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Cindy, your really back with us!!! Two posts today. I'm glad that your world is settling to a routine that gives you time to focus on your health again. It's such great news how well your DSS is doing. And the Tummy Tuck - I think it'll be another few weeks before I can sleep on my stomach but it's not a permanent change. I just can't have the pressure on the incision and the stomach being perfectly stretched out. Heck lying flat on my back is still not horribly comfy. So it's not a good reason not to have it. The cost would be a good reason but I'd do it again. Without a doubt. At first I wasn't positive but now that I'm nearly 6 weeks out, I'd definitely do it and the arms again.

Suzy, hugs to you about hazel. Know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

Annie, Cindy is right. The key is communication. If you think it's girl trouble, talk about your own experiences as a girl. I did that with my son so he could get a different perspective.

Deb, I'm glad that you came out the right side of your dip. Have you gone running today - lately? I get much more critical of myself when I don't exercise.

Wizzie, isn't it great to walk without heel pain? I'm glad you found your solution.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 03-23-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #48  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

It's late, I'll come back tomorrow and respond to all the posts. Until tomorrow...

Last edited by newleaf123; 03-23-2010 at 11:10 PM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Wow-busy day here.

Heidi-when I was growing up we had a cat who liked to bring live mice in the house so I've had that experience. I would have to say dead is better because you don't to chase them around but it does totally gross me out. Fortunately she has stuck to small game-hasn't gone after any armadillos.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #50  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone! It's great to see all of the activity around here! Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. I've got a nice healthy lunch packed and temps are supposed to be in the mid 70's today. Already the makings of a terrific day! Here's a funny thing that happened to me the other day, I'm sure many of you can relate. I was leaving church with my DD the other night. I saw a friend who I haven't seen in a while. I was in the middle of a minor hotflash. She asked me if I had gone somewhere tropical for spring break! LOL! We got a good laugh when I told her it was a hotflash that was making me look sunburned!

I'll be back later!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #51  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Suzy - Sounds like you are dealing with a lot. Hope things settle soon.

Marie - Yes, CAT is BACK!!!

OMW - Too funny about the hotflash. How have the first couple days since SB been at school; have the kids been wild?

I'm feeling good about our life changes and finally feel like we are getting settled in to a routine. Not sure how next week will be as that is SB here.

Need to make my drive down the hill but when I get back I'm going to workout and update my tickers.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:15 AM   #52  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, everybody! Today's my weigh in day--I'm doing a challenge on GoWear Fit board here--trying to lose two and a half pounds every week until June 2. Yesterday was my first day when I was totally uninspired. Didn't even go to the gym. (I'd started cleaning part of the basement and stayed home and finished that part during my gym time.) And although my eating wasn't as good it could have been, it didn't turn into a free for all. Something funny that I realized last night...we clearly have a late winter field mouse that visits our kitchen a couple of times a week. (He'll relocate as soon as it's really warm out--this has happened before.) And because I don't want to run into him, it's easy to just say no to the idea of a snack once I'm upstairs and ready for bed. My mind says "hmmmm...would you like a little something...wait...you might run into the mouse...just go to bed!"

This is possibly a too much information moment, but I'm feeling so, so sad because a local man I really liked killed himself. In retrospect, I'm not surprised...he was about to endure the fallout from a really bad stupid-drunk-guy thing from last year. But he left behind a two year old son that he loved madly and a wife who was sticking by him in spite of it all. I've been looking at the pictures he emailed me when the baby was born. Such a shame...such a waste...

ICU - you're a swimmer, right? (That's the nationals in Atlanta?) I always think of swimming as giving you the best body...not stringy (like great runners) or too pumped up. Good luck at turning skinny-fat into skinny-muscle.

Angelskeep - How did you make it on the hills?

Marie - Okay, so the dog wins. We'll get up at 5:45. Good advice on mirrors and body image. A friend send me some pictures from the weekend and I didn't totally freak out. (I didn't like what I saw, either, but that's not surprise.) My deer don't seem to be interested in the daffodils (which are what are coming up right now)...we always fight it out over the peonies. Chomp! And I love peonies. They take out some of my day lilies, but I have so many of them that I don't care.

Annie - I love it that you messaged your son on Facebook - and that you two are friends there! Is there anyone else that he's close to that could keep tabs on the situation, while respecting his privacy? I talked to a friend of my mom's while I was growing up, and I've had various girls (and young women, as I teach at a college) who have come to me. I think it's easier if it's not your mom.

Wizzie - I'm going to google heel seats...maybe it's something I need. (I have rubber lifts under the insole in my sneakers.) And you've got it about PTA meetings! When they're the ones with everybody there, at least I text back and forth with a couple of friends...nothing like making snide remarks to help the time pass...

CruiseCAT - love what you said about communication. My stepdaughter is one of my favorite people to talk to, and she has been since I met her when she was 10.

Lambchop - Just curious...how does your doctor figure out your muscle quotient? You are such an inspiration...if I could choose between suddenly losing 50 pounds or suddenly being able to run a half marathon, I'd pick the latter. (And hey...I wish someone would offer me that choice!) Keep up the good work!

SuzyMc - So sorry about the Aunt Hazel situation!!! Any chance that they would put her on an antidepressant? (It worked for a friend's mom in the same situation, but it took a while to kick in.)

Heidi and Petra and Onmyway - Good morning!

Off to the park for my run...back later to complain about how sore I am.
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:25 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Thanks for all the advice and input, friends. Son and I had a very short talk last night (he didn't get home from work until 10 p.m.) and it seems to be something about a girl. I'm paying attention closely. He seemed in a pretty good mood yesterday when we went by where he works to get a sandwich. I think it may be a combination of the girl thing, getting ready to graduate, college decisions, etc. I think he knows I am here if he needs me.

Be back later for more.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #54  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi everybody,

I am new here; learning this site

Just wanted to introduce myself.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #55  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Woo-hoo! The run was fun and I've lost exactly five pounds this week. (I'm guessing half water and half actual weight.)

Glad that you had a good talk, AD and welcome Sum38...it's a great group of people here!

Liz
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Sum38-Hello and welcome! This is a wonderful group here on this thread. Glad you're with us!

RedHookMom-Five pounds? That's awesome!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 PM   #57  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Suzy- sorry to hear Aunt Hazel is in such a spot -- hugs to you. (as for the quote, i may have to quote myself too and put it on my fridge! haaa..need to remember it myself)

Marie- i ran Saturday and ran last night...have another run on deck for Thurs or Friday (8 miler) - glad to know that post-op, you'd do it again...good to know - an glad you're happy

OnMyWay- LOL, funny about the flushed look during the hotflash! Enjoy your nice weather

CAT- glad you're here again...and that everything is settling for you

Red- you know when you get like an EKG or something, she puts little tabs on me, i'm plugged into a little machine, and it sends ohms through me - it measures based on resistance, etc...i get a print out each week..body fat %, how much of that is fat, how much lean muscle, how much water - how it's distributed, etc, target goals, etc..really has made a huge difference in my "seeing" what's going on, when it feels like nothing is changing - i see a party going on INSIDE and keeps me going -- sorry to hear about the local man and how it's touching you...and hope today's run goes well for you

Sum- hi and welcome to the 40's board! Jump right in and looking forward to getting to know you more

Annie- glad you're feeling better after a talk with your son

--------

Doing okay - got a run in last night...went 3 miles, intended to do 5, but my "ahem, binge stuff" caught up with me and tummy issues made it a better option to stop. I'm going to run a couple of miles today to add to my mileage and I have an 8 mile run scheduled this week. Have another 1/2 coming up in a few weeks so need to up the mileage again...the thing is, i'm slow so it takes a long time! I have to carve out the time for it...LOL

Feeling like myself again still - so i think i'm over the hump of the bad day earlier this week. I like my happy, upbeat self so much more...glad this is the majority of who i am most days.

Otherwise, same old, same old...just going to take it one day at a time.
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #58  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

OMW, too funny about the “sunburn”.

Cindy, routine is good. Staying on track is so much easier when there is structure surrounding me.

Liz, having mice in your kitchen seems like a great way to stay out of it. I think I’d get traps though. Icky. I hate mice. This spring the deer have nothing else to eat. We’ve had nearly no rain and our whopping 12” per year usually comes Dec thru March – we’ve had about ½”. Poor bamb. I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. DH and I had a friend kill herself nearly 10 years ago. Every once in a while I am still so mad that she left her husband and two kids. My prayers for the wife and young son.

Welcome sum38. Tell us about yourself. We love more friends.

Annie, good job seeking out your son for a talk. That is what he truly needs – what all kids need.

Liz, CONGRATS on the 5 pounds.! That’s excellent.

Deb, I hadn’t remembered you mentioning running since the ½ marathon so I was g3etting concerned that the mirror mess had messed with that as well. I’m GLAD it didn’t!

I just chatted with the company that services the timeshare DH and I bought into in Cancun. They received the wire transfer to pay the balance on Monday so that is a relief. I made the reservations for DH, DD and I for December. We’re guaranteed an ocean view room and it’s all inclusive so there’s no food cost. The plane tickets were cheap when DD and I bought them in February. I’m so excited to go back and have no surgery or recovery to mar the trip. So I’m in a great mood. And it’s sunny again, the fighter planes are flying around my office (landing at the base) and Mt Shasta is sitting prettily out my window. BTW, Mt Shasta is 14000 feet and humungous at the base so it is quite a sight.

I suppose I should work now…
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #59  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Marie, it was just the recovery after the half...could have taken a week - i got lazy and stretched it into 2...not smart, but i started again..thanks for asking

glad they got the wire and excited you get to go back and "enjoy" it fully in December!
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #60  

Hi. Any room for another 40-something? I posted in the "introduction" section under "obese fat chick checking in to say hi". I'm trying to figure out how to update my profile. This whole forum thing can be confusing! What did Annie Drews win? Well, am off to show my friend how to make vegan carrot and leek soup with brown rice. Yum. Will check back with you guys soon.

Rottiedog
Rottiedog is offline   Reply With Quote