Old 03-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #31  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning friends!

Another good day for me. I was up on my calories going into dinner so I hit Subway for a veggie sub. Taking half for lunch today.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! I'll Be back tonight for some personals. Welcome to our new members! This is the best group on 3FC!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Julia-you are off to a good start and sounds like you have a healthy, sustainable approach to your weight loss.

I have found the only advantage to being sick. I'm down 2 lbs this morning: lol: Lowest number I've seen on my scale in a while. I'm gonna try to go to work for at least awhile today. Not sure I'll make it the whole day.

My 92 year old uncle died early this morning. This was not completely unexpected. He has not been doing well for awhile. I visited him both times I was home this fall and I think he was in the hospital both times. My mom was having a tough time when she called this morning-this was her last remaining sibling.

I'm sure you guys have been completely unaware of this discussion elsewhere but I have decided not to get a Gowear Fit. The fact that it is bulky and can beep at inopportune times just seemed like too much of a liability for me. I decided to get a little device called a Fitbit instead-it's a little more than a pedometer. It has an accelerometer in it but it doesn't measure skin temp or sweating but it is small and inconspicuous and it doesn't beep-you can wear it on your bra. It is much less expensive and doesn't require a monthly subscription fee. Unfortunately, they are also on backorder because the demand has outstripped the supply so I probably won't get it for a couple weeks. I'll let you know what I think after I get it and of course the proof will be in the pudding.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #33  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Petra ~ My sympathies on the passing of your uncle. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Onmyway ~ Good for you for staying within your calorie range! It sure is hard some days, isn't it?

PeanutsMom ~ You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

KittehMomma ~ The gym twice in one day??? You're putting us all to shame, girl!

Marie ~ I'm having the same problem with my wood floors. I just swept them yesterday and I noticed this morning that they are already gritty again. I hate mud season!

leitnerfarmlabs ~ I've never been one for exercise either. I'm hoping that I'll get more walks in after the time changes and I can walk after dinner. There's no way I would get up at 5 am to go for a walk!

JuliaS ~ Welcome!

Wizzie ~ I'll be anxious to hear how the heel cups work for you! I have horrible heel pain and the orthotics that I have help some, but if I am on my feet for very long at a time, they don't do much.

Annie ~ Could we start some kind of walking/exercise club here something like the "Walk at Home" club within our group here?

Our two youngest granddaughters are here today and tomorrow, so lots exercise of chasing after kids for me!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:35 AM   #34  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle Petra.

I am intrugued by this whole GoWear and Fitbit discussion. I didn't know anything about either product. I'll be interested to see how people like them.

Be back later for personals.

Thanks for the advice on my feet!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! Feeling really drained and sluggish today. Hope is just being tired and that I am not getting sick. I was still able to drag my butt out of bed this morning and do the 30 min. Walk/Kick WATP workout though. Still feel blah, though. Will try to get to bed early tonight and catch up on sleep and hope that is all that's going on.

Julia-Welcome to our group and good for you on cutting out the red wine. I find myself forming unhealthy habits and have lately been forming healthy ones instead. Good luck on starting back exercising. Take it slow.

Leitner-Sounds like a good outdoor session for you....all that shoveling can only be good, right? Hope you were able to get up and walk this a.m. That's the best time for me to get it done, too.

KittehMomma-Wow, 2 aerobics sessions in one day? Excellent!!

PeanutsMom-Congrats on the weight loss!

OnMyWay-Good job on planning ahead for lunch. I may try to work in some sandwiches made with high fiber bread for lunch. I don't want to burn out on salads.

Petra-Glad you dropped a couple of pounds, but not glad you had to get sick to do it! I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I can see how it would be hard on your mother, being the only one left.

SuzyMc-Not a bad idea on starting a "club" here on the board for Walk Away The Pounds. I may search and see if there is already one and maybe make something if not. (I have to worst luck searching for anything on this and other boards. I never get good results.) Do you use the WATP DVDs, too?

I hope everyone has a great day.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 207/175/170

Height: 5' 9"

Hello! I'm a newbie too! I'm 49 so if I'd waited a few months, I'd have had to pick the 50+ group. I have to admit, that is weighing on my mind. I've never been age conscious, but this one bothers me. So, I'm using that as motivation to keep at this weight loss business. I'm going to Metabolic Research Center which has been successful for me - I'm down 20 lbs. But, today am not feeling at all motivated. Spring will be a great relief and hopefully a kick in the pants!
lolajean624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #37  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Little ME time before I start painting the bedroom.

Still not able to workout but feeling good about my eating and getting into a routine; as much as possible when your home is in such disarray. Mack and I have been sleeping in the dining room since the remodel started and then when DSS came we had to move stuff that had been move into the spare room out to the garage. Aruba the kitty is loving having a "roommate" in the spare room. It will be nice to have our home back to normal, hoping that will happen this weekend.

Starting Monday hope to get back on the treadmill and bowflex. I'm feeling more motivated than I have in a long time.... itching to get back at it.

How's everyone doing.... I've missed you all.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #38  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Petra, my condolences on the passing of your uncle. Expected or not, losing someone is never easy.

Suzy, enjoy the time with your granddaughters. I love being a grandma. You’ll have loads of fun and go to be exhausted.

Annie, I know that there was a WATP thread in the exercise forums. I participated there for the time I did WATP.

Cruise, I hope the remodeling ends quickly so your life can find its new way of normal.

Welcome Lolajean, you’re not alone in feeling 50 creeping up. I’ll be 50 in 1.5 years and that is the first age one that seems daunting. Congrats on the 20 pounds lost.

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 03-10-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #39  

Welcome, LolaJean! Glad you are here!

CruiseCat-Here's to a quick remodel and return to normalcy!

Thanks, Marie, I will look for that thread.

OH BOY! Chinese buffet in the break room today....steeling my resolve before I go up to get my salad out of the fridge.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #40  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Drive-by posting AGAIN ... but I think next week will be better. This week we're training employees in just about anything we can think of. I'm teaching statistical process control. It definitely makes the day go by really fast!

I did run into the food allergy again - this time it was a cinnamon breath strip. That would seem to point the finger at Red 40. It's good to have the mystery solved!

Marie - congrats on that final pound! Woowoo, maintainer in our midst!
Lambchop - WOW!!!! You aren't just a runner, you're a DISTANCE runner! Awesome accomplishment!
Cruise - I feel the pull of renewed motivation too. Maybe it's the increase in light, but I'm inspired to make the final trek. I've been maintaining over my crazy time too, although I haven't been eating the same quality of food. And I feel it!
newleaf - I didn't make that meet last weekend. The last brush with the dye allergy was accompanied not just by water, but a very weird heavy feeling in my legs and some really ridiculously painful cramps across the top of my feet. I've got a gene mutation that predisposes me to blood clots, and I was a little spooked that that's what was going on. I haven't had one, and don't know what it feels like. It went away with all the water weight, thank goodness. There's another meet coming up this weekend, and I'm eating very carefully!
Petra - feel better soon. Lots of bugs in play up here in MI too - they all are minor but go on for months, or they're incredibly violent but only last 12 hours. Glad you've got a doggy keeping you warm and snuggled.

Welcome to all the new folks!

I hope to get back to my regular postings next week - miss you all!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #41  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

To everyone who can feel my dishwasher woes – hopefully it will be repaired tomorrow! I haven’t cut back on dishes and/or cooking and just keep in mind that this is how my mother did it for so many years, I can manage for a few weeks… But, boy, am I sick of it!

Petra – I hope you are feeling better… I’m glad you have lost some pounds, so at least some good has come from it… Good luck with your FitBit; that sounds interesting. You’ll have to let us know how it works out! I’m so sorry about your uncle… my thoughts are with you and your family.

AnnieDrews – great job ordering at the restaurant! I hope you continue to dodge the sicknesses lurking around you… Ooh, just read today’s post – hopefully you are feeling okay… congratulations on being in 2nd place in your contest!! And, it is so wonderful that this has jump-started you… you are doing great! And how wonderful about your DS joining in… the gym membership is a great gift!

OnMyWay – how nice to get a little break by staying home with your DD. Wow, about a person going off to serve. In all honesty, I have never known anybody personally who has done that since the draft ended. I think it’s very brave and patriotic that people are willing to risk their lives… Nice job on dinner last night!

TuningIn – I’m glad the scale is moving for you, as is cutting out sugar. Sounds like you are doing well!

RedHookMom – Nice to see you again. How awful about your friend; I’m so glad that the prognosis is good! Motivating, I’m sure…

KittehMomma – You are doing so well with working out; WTG!

Oh 2 Be Me – Welcome to the group! I’m trying to get into your psyche about enjoying the dishes as a relaxing time, but I just can’t get there. I guess because washing the dishes at the end of the day is standing between me and a relaxing time!

CruiseCAT – Just post when you can, and revel in maintaining – that is AWESOME!! I hope you find your new normal soon.

AngelsKeep – Welcome! I love your bike-riding idea! I wish I lived in a community like that… We don’t really have any stores around, and then to get to them you have to go on those double-lane divided highways with lots of lights. Definitely not for bikes! But I do enjoy getting out and riding for pleasure. It’s very hilly where I live, so biking is incredible exercise.

Wizzie – I hope your weigh-in went well, and that you find a solution for your heels. Enjoy your camping trip!

JuliaS – Welcome to the group and congratulations on your 6 pounds lost!!

LeitnerFarmLabs – It sounds like those dogs and the environs make for good workouts!

Marie – congratulations on that final pound!!! Can you believe it – maintenance?? You have done so well… Enjoy!!

PeanutsMom – I am so glad that the GoWear Fit is working out for you; how motivating!

SuzyMc – Enjoy your granddaughters ; have fun!

LolaJean – Welcome! Congratulations on your 20 pound loss!!

ICUWishing – I’m glad you are honing in on Red40, that sounds just awful! And hopefully you never find out what a blood clot feels like… But I know what you mean about always being on edge that it’s your hereditary predisposition staring down at you…

Bellafonte – Hope all’s well!

Here, things are going well. I’ve been eating well again, exercising when I can. Yesterday I couldn’t motivate myself for a walk outside so I did 45 min on the treadmill. Then later in the day I found out it was near 60 and did another half hour outside. That was wonderful! The scale is cooperating, which is nice, and I do think that my jeans feel just the slightest tinch looser today. It’s funny how we can discern these small changes.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #42  

Yep, there is a WATP thread. Here is the link for SuzyMc or anyone interested.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitn...ily-check.html

Thanks again Marie!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #43  

Just checking in to say that I ate my salad at lunch and had 3 pieces of sweet and sour chicken. I checked an online calorie count and estimated (loosely, it sounded low to me) 172 calories.

Funny note....people around here know I am dieting/eating healthier and seem as if they must note what I am eating and/or justify themselves for what they are eating. I have always felt uncomfortable being scrutinized. Meh... Guess I'm just grumpy today.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #44  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ICU, a dye allergy??? That’s going to be a difficult one if you ever want to go out to eat. Based on your reaction, you should cook organic at home. I’m glad you’re feeling better.

Newleaf, I’m glad the scale is cooperating and the jeans feel good. It is hard to pass up a 60 degree day and not go revel in its spring-ness.

Annie, I’m glad you found the thread. I loved chatting on that thread. I’d soon moved on from WATP but they were a great group.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Annie-I'm proud of you for doing much better passing up the poison. That's the big accomplishment in it.

Thanks for all your well wishes. I know my uncle is in a better place. The last few years of his life have not been very good-he has had a lot of health problems. I have a lot of very happy memories of him from growing up. Our families were close.

Welcome lolajean-this is a great group and we look forward to getting know you better.

I must be feeling a little better. I worked longer than I was expected-almost a full 8 hours today although I didn't quite see all the patients on my unit. The nurse practitioner had to see a few. I took care of the high maintaince ones. AND I managed to cook something for dinner-that Greek Chicken and Barley salad I intended to make over the weekend. It's okay. I ate it at room temperature tonight and I think it will definately be better cold. I'll eat it for leftovers for the next few days. And the best part of all, I'm just about at my calorie limit for the day. How bout that?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote