Old 03-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Marie-I am ALL OVER going to Petco or Petsmart and checking out the Comfy Cone!! Thanks so much for the heads up!!

I forgot to mention that I DID get up and do the 30 min. 2 mile WATP this morning! Yay me!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Just a quick post.

Petra--I like to eat 5 to 6 times a day, seems to work better for me that way. So, on work days, I always plan out my snacks (nuts, fruit, whatever), and measure them so I know I am getting the calories I think I am. I also keep on hand some additional low cal snacks for those days when I just need a bit more (faves are dried plums and dried apricots--they keep, so I just have them at my desk for whenever). They add volume without a lot of calories.

Back to my pre-measured lunch now.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittehMomma View Post
Just a quick post.

Petra--I like to eat 5 to 6 times a day, seems to work better for me that way. So, on work days, I always plan out my snacks (nuts, fruit, whatever), and measure them so I know I am getting the calories I think I am. I also keep on hand some additional low cal snacks for those days when I just need a bit more (faves are dried plums and dried apricots--they keep, so I just have them at my desk for whenever). They add volume without a lot of calories.

Back to my pre-measured lunch now.

Yep! I've been pre-bagging one cup servings of grapes (100 cal.) for me and the boys. It really is a lot of grapes and they are filling. I have found if I just leave them all together in the fridge, they don't get eaten. So I wash, pick and bag them as soon as I get home from the store.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:37 PM   #49  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone!

Spouse announced he's on 80-hour weeks til May. I've apparently been made a project leader (in addition to the other stuff I'm working on!). DS10 is absolutely thriving in his new school - he's happily oblivious to the rest of the chaos. Just when I think maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel, something else comes up. Safe to say I'm building a LOT of new character ...

I think about all of you often, and read up when I can!

Quick note for Heidi: When DS10 was 3, he picked up pinkeye at daycare. I called the doctor's office, and ended up talking to this crusty old nurse who told me "off the record" that I should just wash his face up good with Ivory soap, and let some get in his eyes. She said it worked better and faster than antibiotics. Aside from the howling ... she was totally right. We've fixed it twice for him and once for me at home. She did say if it didn't clear up in 24 hours after the soaping, come on in. But it worked beautifully! Petra, I'd love to know why it works so well. pH change? Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but I hate to bother doctors for little stuff!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Becky-I don't know about ivory soap for pink eye. I've never heard of that. I think it is viral which is why it is so contagious. I got it several times in PA from going to nursing homes. Haven't gotten it since I moved south-maybe that virus doesn't like warm weather?

Annie-sorry you are having so many challenges with Tootsie. My German Shepherd used to keep chewing holes in her foot and got a special collar for her too but from my vets office. I don't know if they sell them anywhere else and I'm not sure what they are called but you blow it up and then their regular collar fits through some loops on the inside. Much more comfortable than a traditional E-collar. My German shepherd used to rest her head on it like a pillow.

Went to a pilates class tonight which is the first one I have been to in a while and I'm on target with my calories so far for today.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #51  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Thanks for all your pink-eye concerns! ICUWishing, too funny about just washing well. I’m sure that works, too. This was nasty stuff, though… I did wash thoroughly with soap and got it all in there, 3 times! But, there was so much ick, there was no way I was taking the risk of delaying the antibiotics. As it was, I woke up the next day (yesterday) with my eyes swollen like baseballs. It was awful! I finally felt normal-ish today…

AnnieDrews – I hope Tootsie is healing well and that her prognosis is good I’m sorry you had to go back to the vet and get things patched up again. Here’s to hopefully some restful nights ahead. And, complain all you want – what you are going through sounds really difficult! I don’t know if this is considered bad practice or not, but can they give her any sort of sedative to try to help her through these few healing days?

AZManatee -- nice to see you back and I’m glad you’re out of your slump! As for work balance, that’s a tough one. I’m sure that you hoped that going part time would provide you with that, but clearly it hasn’t. Can you re-evaluate how much can reasonably fit into the hours you have and then renegotiate expectations?

SuzyMc – Unload here all you want, especially if that helps you stay away from emotional eating; pour it into emotional typing instead! I am so sorry to read about your sister… I hope she can keep the cancer at bay; my heart goes out to you and to her.

Petra – I’m glad to read that you are doing better with food, and are back on the Wii!! As I said earlier, I saw a big difference in the photos… You are doing great! Shrimp and bok choy stir fry is one of my absolute favorites!! Yum! I’m so sorry to read about your continued work stress. It’s hard when you have to give up the things that make the job enjoyable in order to fit all the top priorities in. Will things realistically get better when your friend comes back from leave? Or will the problems just shift? I’m glad to read that you are on track, calories and exercise, today!

OnMyWay – Great job staying under calories and getting your exercise in! And where did your ticker go?? Down 4?! You’ve GOT to get that ticker back!

KittehMomma – I’m glad to read things are going so well; here’s crossing my fingers for the 130s!!

Marie – I hope your healing is continuing along well. How sweet of your DH to be your stitches-removal man!! Hopefully they have all been found… I’m glad your asthma is doing better. Hot mocha during a snowfall – sounds perfect! As for the new BMW and leather, my DH has a saying: where there is coffee, there’s a mess. Hopefully the BMW fared okay! (clearly DH is not a coffee drinker…)

TuningIn – what a rough stretch of time you have had! I’m really sorry to hear about your friend, and your friends’ relatives… Depression is certainly understandable… Think of “again” as a positive, not a negative. Because if you weren’t beginning “again” then you wouldn’t be beginning at all, instead you would continue in your depression and with any resultant weight gain. “Again” is not something to be ashamed of, but something to be proud of. At least, that’s how I look at it.

LoriAnn – I’m happy to read that you lost what you gained!

ICUWishing – Now the 80 hour weeks are going until May?! Is this good or bad for the relationship (serious question, not sarcastic – I could see how the time apart could be welcome)? I hope everything (relationship, job, personal) finds a new happy status quo. I am so happy to hear that your son is loving his new school!

LambChop – Here’s hoping you rock your half marathon on Sunday!!!

CruiseCAT – I hope your renovation is going smoothly and that’s what is keeping you from here… I hope all’s well.

Here, I have come to peace with my situation and feel like I’ve done all the research and understand as much as I need to in order to make good choices. So, I’m feeling relieved and just ready to move on. I’ve found my new status quo. Now here’s something interesting. Yesterday was day 2 of not-so-good eating but you know what? I realized that if I continued going that way, I was just going to have to lose those pounds AGAIN, and it really isn’t worth it. So today, which could have been day 3 of not-so-good eating turned into day 1 of good eating. The turning it around isn’t so interesting to me, since I’ve done that so many times before. What was interesting was that I *knew* this would add pounds, I *knew* I would re-lose them and it would be hard, and I actually said “Why bother?!” Not why bother, let’s throw in the towel and enjoy some more BBQ potato chips. But why bother going through this cycle again; just be done. And so I was.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #52  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
...if I continued going that way, I was just going to have to lose those pounds AGAIN, and it really isn’t worth it...
NewLeaf ~ SO TRUE! I'm living proof! Everything you just said is exactly what I have been telling myself all day long. I'm down 4 pounds and I'm not going to gain them back just to have to lose them again or worse yet quit and just keep gaining. We can do this!!!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #53  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Drive by post before heading to work. You guys didn't know that you join me for breakfast every day! I'll make the time to do personals after school today. I'm in a great mood. My 4 pounds are still gone this am and the sun is going to be out. Heard on the news we could be in the 60's this weekend. Now that's a reason to celebrate! Have a great day!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:00 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I see a lot of us are missing our tickers. Heidi seems to be the only one that has one. what is up with that?
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #55  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by petra65 View Post
I see a lot of us are missing our tickers. Heidi seems to be the only one that has one. what is up with that?
I read on the Support Forum that all 3FatChicks tickers are broken but all TickerFactory tickers remain. A call has been put into the technical folks to try to get things back up and running as soon as possible.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:45 AM   #56  

Hello to all! Just a quick drop in to say thank you to Marie for the comfy cone collar tip. I got one yesterday afternoon ($30 ) and got to take off the evil collar Tootsie hated so much. It sounds just like the one you mentioned, Petra, and she seemed so relieved to have the other one off....she was trembling when I got home from being confined/collared for the day. She isn't wild about it , but it is 1000% better than the other one. She can almost reach to lick her wounds, but I am watching her carefully. It looks like a blow-up ring for the pool, so she looks like she is going for a swim. I need to get a picture of her to post here.

I weighed 179.5 this a.m. Not a huge loss, but it got me into the 170's!! I'll take it anywhere I can get it. Be back later on ladies...

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 03-04-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #57  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning Ladies.... I've only got a minute but wanted to pop in and tell you all how much I miss my buddies here of 3FC. So much I want to share but really can't in a public forum...

I'm out of my mind with worry, stress, confusion, and frustration. My sixteen year-old step son has run away from his mother's house and once again we find ourselves in the middle of a family nightmare. We have been here before with the now 19 year old. Trying to work with a bitter ex that won't even share information or work together for what is in the best interest of the child SUCKS. She didn't even have the common decency to call and tell us; we had to find out from a post on MySpace.

I sincerely hope to be back soon, probably with some extra pounds to get off. The first week I think I dropped 10 but since I've been eating anything and everything. I know it's not the way to deal with difficulties but right now it's providing just a little pleasure.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #58  

CruiseCAT-I am so sorry you and husband are having to deal with the situation with your step son and his mother. I hope he is safe. I do hope things get better and life returns to normal for you soon. Let us know how things are doing when you can.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #59  
Heidi

CruiseCAT I'm so sorry that you and Mack are going through this... it sounds really painful, difficult, and sad. Best of luck as you work through resolving this; we're here when you are ready...
Old 03-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #60  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

CruiseCAT ~ I'm saying prayers for you step-son's safety! I hope he is home soon! Our son did the same thing when he was 16. He was gone for 5 days and had traveled over 500 miles from home before he finally called and said he wanted to come home. It was the worst 5 days of my life, so I have a good idea of how you are feeling. My prayers are with you and your husband as well.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote