Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #31  
Natalie

S/C/G: 170/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi - I am here, catching up! Not up to speed this week on exercise. I missed 7 days straight, not good. So, keeping this short so I can jump on the treadmill for a little bit before the kids bed time. Wishing every one the best this week. Wow Feb went fast!!
AZ Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 PM   #32  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Suzy: welcome!
Marie: glad you made it home safely, don't overdue things!
Deb: you are gorgeous! you'll do great in your half marathon : ) have fun in hilton head, hopefully our winter will be over by the time you get here!

Found an apartment I think I want, have to fork over a $50 application fee to see if they will accept me. Biggest issue is that they only have 2nd floor apartments available...so do I wait for a downstairs apartment or take a chance on having to deal with stairs? (because the herniated disc caused severe leg/hip pain I'm afraid of what might happen if it flares up again) And of course it's even harder to find help moving when there are stairs involved!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:12 PM   #33  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 162/162/138

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyMc View Post
Heidi ~ Thanks, I did have a good day! I finished a quilt top that I have been working on and my eating has been under control. I'm starving right now despite the fact that I just finished dinner, so I'm sipping on a cup of tea and trying to ignore the hungry feeling.

Marie ~ Fresh roasted coffee bean homemade mocha? Mmmm....sounds so good!

Welcome Suzy! We'd love to see a picture of your quilt top! (I'm a Pennsylvania quilter, too.)
Bellefonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:20 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Good morning. I see some losers--way to go.

The pulled muscle was feeling better for having rested it, but then I aggravated it while exercising yesterday afternoon. Dang it! I'd almost finished exercising without re-injury. Back to the ice pack last night, and the heating pad when I went to bed. So, today I'll try just some weights, nothing aerobic.

I met my calorie count goal yesterday--yay! And lost another pound--another yay! Thanks for all the support.

Gotta go--busy day today.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #35  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Marie – no new dishwasher; just fixing the one we have… the existing one has been making a very nice drying rack lately; at least I’ve found a use for it! DH is traveling; I know when he comes home he will think I’m a nut. But, let him do the dishes in that case…

Suzy – ahhhh…… another tea lover! I hope it got you through your rough spot.

OnMyWay – you can do it! Sounds like you have all the right steps in place…

AZManatee – did you make it to the treadmill? I’ve been short (ie, nonexistent) on exercise this week, too. Today’s another busy day… And the old correlation for me has held true: no exercise = no loss.

WeightLossWanted – I hope it works out with the apartment! I guess I would always choose the upstairs apartment (less noise, greater safety, etc), but I don’t have problems with the stairs. Maybe you can get on the waitlist for a 1st floor unit?

KittehMomma – sorry to hear about your flare-up; be sure not to overdo it, especially in these early days. In my experience, it’s better to take it slow than to go whole-hog and then get discouraged…

Here’s my question: what is it with “kids today” that they don’t want to wear winter jackets but just go around in hoodies all the time??! I just don’t get it… and it makes me feel like an old lady!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:09 AM   #36  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

It's a snow day here today, so I have all four of my granddaughters here for the day instead of the usual two (ages 9, 7, almost 3, and 14 months). No doubt that I will get my exercise in today between running after the girls and shoveling all the snow (they are calling for 12+ inches).

Elizabeth ~ It's nice to know there is another quilter in the group! I would like to see some of your projects too. I have a blog that I post my projects on, if you (or anyone else) would like to see it just send me a PM and I will send you the link.

Kathi ~ Congratulations on finding an apartment! The good thing about an upstairs apartment is that you don't have anyone above you making noise. Of course the stairs are a drawback, but they are good exercise too as long as your back can handle them.

Thanks again to everyone for such a warm welcome to the group. Have a great day all!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello everyone! You all are doing great....such an inspiration to me.

I forgot to turn the alarm on last night, so no WATP for me today. I was lucky to wake up in time to make it to work! I actually missed exercising. I do hope to make it a habit as it makes me feel really good.

Newleaf, I sometimes wonder about the kids not wearing their winter coats. My sons love their hoodies, but they do wear their big coats when it is really cold. My 17-year-old really likes the pea coat I got him at Old Navy this year. I still have to remind my 13-year-old to zip up everyday!

Have a great day everyone! Busy day at work for me today.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #38  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Another foot of snow coming today - oh yeah. (note my sarcasm)...my goal is to watch my posture- no injuries allowed! Doing well...weight staying the same, but my body is still changing some- think my tummy is a little smaller...will need to measure- visually, think the angle of my waist looks a bit different...Tues can't come soon enough, i'm ready to blow this Jersey popsicle stand for awhile

-----

Marie- i'm the opposite with bangs..have had them since i was 12...trying to grow them out drives me nuts...yeah, actually just think they were pushed to the side, my hands are in my hair a lot...bad habit. So glad you're safely home and it probably feels great to be in your own bed, etc. Sorry to hear of your problem with your arm...hope they can tell you something that will help it heal quickly - oh my GOSH! I got my period a week early this month too...what's up with that? Weird you did too! Welcome to perimenopause, right?

Annie- thank you for your kind words - I'm still waiting for the "habit" part of exercise to kick in...haaa, have to push myself all the time

Heidi- ack on the dishwasher front - but having it fixed will be worth it - and thank you for the compliment -i'm laughing about the hoodie comment..because i live in hooded sweatshirts (Old school, before the word HOODIE even existed!) it used to drive my mom nuts, but i've always loved the soft, comfort of sweatshirts...never outgrew that. but I put a COAT over mine when it's cold. I don't do cold...pssst, look at my new pic, wearing a hoodie!

OnMyWay- 16 weeks..woohooo....it will pass by quickly - thank you, I am getting excited. I don't really care how I end up doing at this point, that i've put so much time and effort into it, i feel like i've all ready won (inside)

Natalie- good job on the treadmill - keep checking in girlfriend, it does a body and mind good

Kathi- I can HOPE winter will be passing when I get back. I'm due for a foot of snow today! Thanks for your kind words -good luck with the apt..i'm a 2nd floor girl - noise bothers me less on a top floor

Kitteh - sorry to hear you're muscle is bothering you...give yourself a bigger rest, let it heal...then you'll be back to it!

Suzy- chasing after 4 grandkids is a workout in itself!
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #39  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Sending a special wave to Becky and Cindy -- know things are crazy/busy with schedules and remodels but thinking of you both
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Quote:
Originally Posted by newleaf123 View Post
Here’s my question: what is it with “kids today” that they don’t want to wear winter jackets but just go around in hoodies all the time??! I just don’t get it… and it makes me feel like an old lady!
My 5 yo son almost never wears a jacket at all - I consider getting him into a hoodie a victory! lol! But I figure that's his problem, if he's cold, doesn't mean I'm cold!

Hello to everyone!

I finally have a kitchen sink again but just completely off track still, haven't had the time or energy to do all my normal prep and have all my good food choices available. So I'm just going to write this week off and not stress over it, which I think may make it easier for me to get on track better for next week.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

I want a candy bar sooo bad right now, but if I eat that (280 cal.), I won't be able to have that last of the creamy tomato bisque soup (495 cal.) for dinner and still stay within my goal for today. I'm going to compromise and have a cup of cocoa (110 cal.) so I can get a chocolate fix without adding too many calories. I can skip the raisins (130 cal.) if I need to (sweet, but not chocolate).

Just venting. Thanks for "listening."
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #42  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Hi! I too am still alive! It's the end of the work day, I can't think any more ... and it's too early to leave. It feels like forever since I had a chance to read up!

I know I won't have time to properly attribute the comments, but I want to at least try!

Deb - your new picture is beautiful! The shape of your face is really changing - and your eyes look bigger and brighter!

Marie - I'd say you were crazy for disobeying doctor's orders ... but I know I'd be doing the same thing! For whatever it's worth, maybe the TOM was just your bod's last great "f you" for putting it through surgery. I'm so glad to read about your healing, safe trip, good vacation, and returning to normal activity! I know it's premature to ask, but did they give you any estimates of how many pounds of extra skin they removed?

Heidi - agree with Marie - you're worth the very best doctor available! Sorry you're getting the runaround on something so important.

Kathi - big hugs for you re the adventure with DS. I'm glad to see you're putting your needs first now.

Carol - I think you can be ready for vacation - we've seen you workin' the WOE with great success!

Cindy - Maintenance, in my world, is almost a bigger victory than the losing! I don't know if I'm stalled or maintaining - I guess I'll know in a few months!

Not quite a drive-by - but there are so many of you doing so many neat things, and you deserve recognition! Keep up the great work, and if it's not workin' great ... well ... hang in there!

Hugs to everyone!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #43  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 162/162/138

Height: 5'6"

Petra, how are you doing??? I hope you are recovering from your looooong week!

WLW, what did you decide about the apartment? I’m with everyone else…I’d rather be on the second floor for safety and quiet, but that’s not going to matter if you hurt your back again.

Kitteh, great job on the pound!! Hope you are feeling better…

New leaf, my daughter is a hoodie girl, and I have to beg to get her in her winter coat. I’m still an 80s girl, I guess, and there’s no chance that I will ever even consider putting up a hood unless it is icy outside and I can’t find a hat.

Suzy, how do I find your blog so I can see the pictures?

Annie, hope you had a great day!

Deb, you look so pretty…what beautiful eyes you have! Even in your hoodie, you are beautiful!!!

Marie, hope things went well today and you had an easy drive!

Peanut, woo hoo! We just are finishing our kitchen renovation, and living without a sink just stinks, so glad to hear you have yours back. It makes it so much easier to eat well.

I’m looking forward to getting my ticker, but still have two weeks I think. My weight is all over the place…I’ve been at 162 in the past two or three days, but saw 157.8 in the middle of today, so am encouraged. My jeans aren’t fitting any differently, so I’m guessing that it’s just fat to muscle conversion. But my waist is definitely a little smaller, and that makes me want to stand and sit better and keep up the exercise!

We’re due for 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow, and 50mph winds. I went out and moved my car out from under the ancient maple along our side yard. Bleah!!!

I’ve been working on jewelry and ignoring the house. I guess I’ll have to finally tackle the piles and clean before my husband gets home tomorrow, as the dust bunnies are threatening to mutiny!
Bellefonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #44  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

SuzyMc – sorry to hear you got (are getting?) clobbered by snow. In my neck of PA, we’ve had a dusting. Although, they are calling for snow overnight; the boys are hoping for a school delay… I hope you had fun with all your granddaughters!

AnnieDrews – I hate that rushed feeling in the morning when I’m late late late! I hope it didn’t set you up for a bad day… I’m sure it felt good to feel bad about missing your workout!

LambChop – so did you get the snow you were expecting? I’m with you, I can’t bear the exercise of growing out my bangs.

PeanutsMom – so glad you got your sink back!

KittehMomma – so… how did it go? Were you able to avoid the candy bar? I hope you’re having a great night!

ICUWishing – so nice to see you! I miss you… I’m glad you are doing so well with your maintaining; that is great!

Bellefonte – I love your new avatar! You look quite pretty! I hope you are weathering the storm okay… Yeah, I try to clean up a little before DH comes back from a trip, too. I just know it sets him off to walk in from the garage and have the mudroom a mess, since that is a harbinger for the whole house! So, sometimes just straightening up the mudroom, makes a big impression…

I had a wonderful dinner tonight. The boys like when I sauté chicken in olive oil. I put their pieces next to their salad, and then I threw my enormous salad back into the pot and turned it into a stir fry by just adding enough water to enable the spinach to wilt, and tossed it all up on high heat. Delicious! I loved reading everyone’s hoodie comments. LambChop, it keeps you young! Both my DS’ wear one almost every day, but I make them (mean mommy) put their winter jackets over them for the bus and so they’ll have it for recess. Me, I like to be warm, there’s no shame in wearing a heavy winter coat!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:28 PM   #45  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I survived the snow day with the girls! We did bake a small batch of chocolate chip cookies today, but I only ate two and I sent the rest home with the kids. That's a big victory for me.

Elizabeth ~ Our forecast is similar. We are to get 12+ inches of snow tonight with 45 MPH winds...not fun! Is spring ever going to get here?

You can see my quilt projects at Hanging On by a Needle and Thread (I think it's ok to post the link...if not, let me know!)

KittehMomma ~ You made a good choice!

PeanutsMom ~ I'm glad you have your kitchen sink back! Here's to a better week next week!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote