Old 02-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #16  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Talking No More Drain Tubes

ICU, wow you have lost so much. You’re a pound from goal. Does life ever stop being stressful without physically pulling yourself from the rapids? If nothing else, this time recuperating is stress reducing and has brought so much of my life into perspective. WTG on the hearts.

Annie, your pics totally brightened my evening. Your Tootsie’s eyes have the look of a content, loved puppy. I am so glad the test came back good. You and her are in my thoughts.

OMW, I’m so glad you booked your vacation. There is something wonderful about tropic thoughts in the winter. You’ll have a wonderful time.

I am doing really well. The last of the drain tubes were removed today (HOORAH!) and that is the best relief going. Wednesday, lots of the stitches will be removed. I've been given permission for a shower and tomorrow that is DH’s and my project in the morning. Then he's going SCUBA diving in the afternoon. I'm able to move about on my own. We walked through Walmart this afternoon and it felt so good to be semi-human again.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #17  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Marie, I sense joy in your post! Glad you are starting to feel like yourself and can begin to enjoy the new you!

Healthy lunch packed, hope everyone has a great day!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Woke up early and did my 18 min. 1 mile WATP workout!! It's so hard for me to get up any earlier than I have to, but it does feel good to move and sweat! Just a little twinge or three in my knee. I hope it helps strengthen it.

Have a healthy day everyone!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

ICU-great to see u. Sorry your life is so stressful but its awesome that you are almost at your goal! Good luck getting ready for Nationals. Is this going to be on TV? Maybe we can all watch u

Marie-glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you are getting back to your old self. Funny how the medical establishment doesn't always see things the same way patients do. I agree with you that my psychiatric training would make me a better oncologist. When I was in PA, part of my job was to see patients in the cancer center at the hospital where I worked. I actually went there on Fridays and saw patients right there-made it more comfortable for them. Was a good fit for me. The oncologists also felt very comfortable with me cause I "spoke their language."

Annie-I feel for you with your dog. I lost a Golden Retriever a couple years ago. He was diagnosed with a sarcoma when he was about 6. I was devastated. I took him the University of PA where they have a Vet. School and he had a big surgery and did very well for about 4 more years. Then he developed another nodule. I had the vet here do a chest xray and he had mets in his lungs so I knew it was only a matter of time. I think it was about 3 months later that he reached the point where he would just lay on the floor in one spot for hours and I had to make that terrible decision. It was probably one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Hope things go well for you and Tootsie and she has many more good years. Little dogs tend to live longer anyway. We have to recertify every 10 years. So I have to take my medicine test this year and my psych test next year. Oh the joy of being double boarded!

Thanks for all the support regarding the boyfriend. You are all telling me what I already know-just a matter of doing the right thing and moving on.

Last edited by petra65; 02-16-2010 at 09:37 AM.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM   #20  
Kim

S/C/G: 256/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Annie - My heart goes out to you. I lost my 15 year old Pomeranian Gretel after a battle with Cushing's Disease last May. I have an 11 year old Bernese Mountain Dog that has a lot of arthritis too. I hope Tootsie does well.

thanks for the welcome everybody!
Wizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #21  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone and thank you for your well wishes. Welcome, Wizzie. Good luck with your sweet dog, Annie. Glad to see you are doing so well, Marie and ICUWishing.

I'm feeling somewhat empty and unable to motivate myself to go beyond the routines of daily living; sorry that I can't post personals to everyone. I'm sure I'll be back to my old self soon. But, I'm reading everyone's posts and wishing everyone well. I'm continuing to lose here (yay!). I don't know if you remember, my back was bothering me -- so I haven't exercised since Thursday. But I plan to hop on the treadmill and walk today.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #22  

Thanks to you all for the kind regards for my Tootsie. I am going to schedule her surgery today.

Glad you checked in, Marie! It'll be downhill from here on out!!

NewLeaf-I hope you get out of your funk! I have those days too. Today is a good day and I feel like I could take on the world. Be careful getting back on the treadmill, don't want to strain your back any further.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #23  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 162/162/138

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello :)

Hello everyone!

I'm a newbie, and happy to be here. I've enjoyed catching up on bits of your lives in your older posts.

I just purchased Slim in 6 and am waiting for it to arrive, and have started walking until then. I have been struggling with inertia and some mild depression (grey winter days...ugh!) and am looking forward to getting back to a more inspired, energetic me. I've never been one to exercise, and hate getting hot, but I've decided that it's time I just get over all that!

The old me couldn't keep still, and would constantly be working on restoring our old house, quilting, jewelry making, but the current me just wants to nap!

I'm happy to have found 3FC and all of you!
Bellefonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #24  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

OMW, thanks for all your kind words. I definitely sense relief in my posts. I feel human again. Good job on the healthy lunch packing. It’s certainly a great step.

Annie, WTG on the WATP!!! Acronym city… You’re getting on the exercise band wagon. You are sounding much more positive.

Petra, perhaps the medical establishment needs a kick in the rear. To me your mental health background would logically be a great asset.

Wizzie, I’m sorry about the loss of your Gretel last spring. Dogs are the most loving beings on earth.

Newleaf, know that you are loved here. I’m glad you’re losing but take care of yourself and if that is a Swedish fish (Yuck!) then sometimes comfort food do provide comfort.

Welcome Elizabeth!!! Getting up and walking will help pull your old self out from the napper.

I feel better today. I woke up at 5:30 and just had to go see the beach. Picture me propped up in my bed calling out to DH “wake up, I want to go see the sunrise.” Poor guy literally jumped up and had us out the door in 10 minutes. Here’s some pics of me wading in the water. DH brought my iphone and that’s why the images are so-so. But I have proof I’m healing!

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #25  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Bellafonte!

Marie, wow -- the sky, the beach, what a great place for recovery! Your DH sounds like such a supportive man... You look wonderful; calm and peaceful. Thanks for your kind words.

AnnieDrews, all went well on the treadmill and now I have to get to the library since I'm almost done with my book. Glad you are able to get your sweetie's surgery going...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:15 PM   #26  

Welcome Bellefonte! So glad to have you with us on your journey!

Marie-Lookin' good sistah!! I am envious of only the beach, not your post op recovery. So glad you are able to get out and about now.

Bought ground turkey to mix in with the ground beef for supper tonight. Do you think the boys will notice??
Old 02-16-2010, 03:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Last week was a bit of a washout for me. I slipped and fell on some ice, and while I didn't break anything, I did *something* to my neck and shoulder that left me in pain for several days and unable to raise my left arm. So I got to stick it in a sling for a few says, take lots of painkillers and anti-inflammatories and camped out on the sofa and watched movies. It was really irritating - you know the kind of injury that isn't serious, but hurts completely out of proportion to the damage? Like a paper cut? I've had serious gashes that needed stitches before, and they hurt less than a paper cut!!! This was the same way. I actually broke my shoulder once and it hurt less than this. Stupid shoulder!

Fortunately, whatever it was, it healed quickly and by Saturday I was feeling a *lot* better. It took me a couple of days to catch up on all the missed housework though! Mount Laundry has been reduced to a shadow of it's former glory, I have reduced the number of dust bunnies breeding under the sofa to sustainable limits, the fridge is restocked, and I have cleaned out the bathroom for a mini-project I'm going to do tomorrow (I bought a bamboo mat that I plan to cut to shape and cover the floor with - out current bathroom floor is U.G.L.Y.).

Tonight I'm off to a dance class and yoga class. I might not do so much of the yoga if my neck or shoulder starts to complain, but I haven't heard a peep out of it for a couple of days.

Marie - I'm so glad to hear that things went well with your surgery, and that you managed to have some nice vacation days as well. Sigh... Palm trees... sunrise on the beach... Sigh... (looks out window at the snow). I'm so jealous!!! You look great!

Annie - I hope your Tootsie comes through ok. I know how hard it is with older pets! You worry so much more about things that a youngster would just sail through!

Petra - sorry about the boyfriend bit! I know it's easy to say that it's best to let it go it the relationship isn't working, but it's still a disappointment when it happens!

ICU - Way to go on the official size 10 changeover!!!

Newleaf - This is not a great time of year for motivation. Hopefully once March comes around, the extra light and warming weather will help you shake off the blahs!

Yikes! I just noticed the time!!! I'd better get my rear in gear and head out to run a couple of errands I need to run before my classes!!! (I feel like the White Rabbit... "I'm late, I'm late"...

BP
bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #28  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Marie, you look great! Take care of yourself and don't over do anything.

I hit two mini goals today: 10% weight loss and under 100 lbs left to lose!
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #29  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Thought of something else that happened today. At work, someone had noticed I have lost a little weight. I told them what I'm doing and said how much I had lost so far. A few hours later, I walk to my desk after a meeting and the is a box of chocolates on it. The same person went out and bought me chocolates ....I don't know why. I picked them up and handed them back to her and said "I just told you I'm not eating these kind of things....I'm on a diet." She was like "Oh i forgot". What was that about????? She passed them on to someone else......

Last edited by Lori Ann; 02-16-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Ann View Post
Thought of something else that happened today. At work, someone had noticed I have lost a little weight. I told them what I'm doing and said how much I had lost so far. A few hours later, I walk to my desk after a meeting and the is a box of chocolates on it. The same person went out and bought me chocolates ....I don't know why. I picked them up and handed them back to her and said "I just told you I'm not eating these kind of things....I'm on a diet." She was like "Oh i forgot". What was that about????? She passed them on to someone else......
Wow, that was thoughtless! You're doing great so don't let anyone sidetrack you. I think there are people that subconsciously (or consciously?) try to sabotage others' efforts in matters like this. Stick with it!