Old 02-09-2010, 06:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200/190/140

Height: 5ft

Lambchops 8 miles is great. this is my PMS week water weight is on. Will try to work more on the treadmill this week.
ingrid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #32  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all. We joined the resort - 2 weeks per year. It was a good deal and we love it here. Today I saw the plastic surgeon and that was good. I had a procedure (that was part of the package) called pixel laser for tightening the pores and small lines on the face. It feels like a sunburn and the pores on my nose do look better. Tomorrow is the surgery (7 am - 5 your time). I'm excited and ready to be done with it so I can recover. The gym here has a Precor Crossramp that is similar to an elliptical but no arms. The feet are angled heel way down, toes up. It definitely uses a different set of muscles in the thighs. I did that yesterday and today. So now I have 4 weeks off from exercise - that I'm not looking forward to. I decided against the thigh lift. Heck, who's gonna see them when I have my own pool? So it is a lower face lift that tightens the neck, the arm lift and the tummy tuck.

Tomorrow there won't be an update but when I return to the resort on Thursday I will. We're changing rooms (closer to the beach) because we're now members. Oo la la...

The clinic set DH up with a scuba school and he starts tomorrow while I'm in surgery - my suggestion. They really are great. I'll keep you posted again on Thursday.

BTW, all inclusive really means overeat and have a sore tummy. Today I've been good though - I've eaten tons of fresh fruit. And my patient coordinator took me to Starbucks - I got to have a skinny decaf iced mocha. Heavenly!!!! She said to eat a big dinner because no food tomorrow. We have reservations at the steak house so I’m thinking lots of protein. But the fruit has been so good it’s what I’m piling on my plate every meal. The patient coordinator told me not to lose anymore weight. What a cool compliment.

Newleaf, get your butt back on your stairstepper and away from the Swedish fish (can Marie say YUCK!!!!).

OMW, get back into your exercise – hey I have a great idea – I can’t exercise four at least 4 weeks. The two of you have to do it for me. I workout 12 times a week. Newleaf and OMW, work out the details to make up my workouts.

From all of your comments it is clear that I’m blessed that I’m a morning exerciser. It really didn’t take long to make the conversion – I’d say about 6 weeks of forcing myself from the bed. Now I am so hooked because of the endorphin high. Truly it wasn’t hard to go from lolly-gagger in bed to up and at ‘em.

Lamb, WTG on the 8 miles - you are going to so kick that 1/2 marathon!

Cruise, I thought of you this morning. We went to the beach for the sunrise and only saw a sliver of the sun through the clouds. But since I had no mocha, I guess it was ok. I’m thinking next week we’ll do Starbucks then the beach because we’re moving from the resort to the clinic’s hotel on Sunday. And there is a Bucks close by.

Funny side note - I'm a bit "plugged up" from traveling - always get that way hence the overdose of fruit. So when I weighed in today, full bladder, clothes, and shoes, it was in KG - it was awesome since I didn't know the conversion. See me stick my head in the sand.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I had a pigeon for lunch today. Don't like pigeon-very gamey. I'm having pizza for dinner. I've been trying various crust recipes to try to find one I really like. I make them in advance and freeze them. I'm using Marie's buttermilk crust on the one I made tonight and I think this may be the winner. It's really good.

I do believe I'll make my yoga class tonight. The yoga studio started a community yoga class on Tues. nights-everyone is welcome for a small fee which they donate to charity. This will be the first time I have been to this class but it should be fun.

I do think posting here everyday helps me from getting any more off track than I would be so thank you guys for being here.

Heidi-OK delusional is probably a strong word but in my world sugar is sugar. I'm glad that you can make a clear distinction between the fish and the hearts. There would be no difference for me. Sugar is sugar.

Lamb-8 miles is awesome! you are more than halfway to your half marathon. How does it feel?

Annie-imagining you on the CT scanner doing leg lifts
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #34  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Petra how many words is it that the native Aleutians have for snow? I'm like that with sugar. Definitely very different characteristics depending on the application and setting... Okay, so now maybe I'm starting to sound delusional LOL The bag of fish is sitting on my counter all day and I haven't even given a thought. That would never happen with a bag of hearts.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #35  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Hi all! I'm mad at the scale I bought last year. Depending on how I step on it, I weight 275-280. Maybe it needs a new battery? I just dont think it should be so off depending on where my toe is! Maybe I need a new one.
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #36  
Heidi

Lori Ann that would bug me to no end. Are you on a flat, hard, level floor? I think that all of those variables can make a difference. A couple of years ago, DH got so sick of me complaining about our scale that he got us a very accurate one. It makes all the difference in the world, to just be able to accept the number that pops up as right.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #37  
Natalie

S/C/G: 170/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies - I am doing okay so far this week, back to tracking EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, really everything, even sugar-free gum. I think when I don't track I subconsciously (or right out consciously) cheat. A little here, a little there. When I track, it is right there in front of me and I think twice sometimes before I eat something to see if it merits taking time to track it.

My goals for February:
Track food everyday.
Exercise 5 days per week, combo of strength training and cardio, minimum 30 minutes per work out.

Personals:

Annie - Great job on elliptical, think about it...you have almost doubled your time already. Didn't you do 3 minutes the first time and now you are moving up...that's what it's all about.

Petra - I hope your yoga class was good. May it help work out all the stress (boyfriend, being on call so much, life in general).

Marie - I am so excited for you and the opportunity to make yourself feel and look better. I wish you a very peaceful surgery and recovery.

Lori Ann - Maybe it is time for a new scale. Did you try new batteries and I think someone else mentioned making sure the scale is on a hard surface (not carpet). I have a Weight Watchers brand scale I bought at Costco for about $25 and it is dead on with my doctor's scale. For me, I need to know exactly what I am up against on any given day.

OnMyWay - Good to get back to focus, you can do it. I saw on someone's signature the other day something about being commited regardless of motivation. Easier said than done, especially for me, but today I didn't want to work out and I said to myself that I would do 10 minutes and if I wanted to quit after that I could. I didn't quit, kinda knew I wouldn't, once I got started the motivation came. We are all in this together, good days and not so good. Keep pulling your focus back when it strays, it is all we can do.

Lambchop - 8 miles, amazing! What do you do while you are on the treadmill? TV, music ??? What motivates you for that long?

CruiseCAT - Good luck with the bathroom remodel and thanks for putting your February commitment on here, encouraged me to add mine to the group!

Susieyarb, PeanutsMom, Tigga - Great job on the losses!!

New Leaf - Swedish fish, I haven't had one of those in years! Isn't is odd how one thing (candy hearts for you, krispy kreme donuts for me) can set off a chain reaction. I honestly cannot have just one KK donut, it is just not possible. At a staff meeting the other day, they were screaming my name, but I knew if I had one, it would just turn into chaos. Good job on staying away from those hearts (and now Swedish Fish), at least the hearts will only be in stores for another week maybe?

Ingrid - Best wishes getting through this week, the water weight will taper off by next hopefully.

Everyone - thanks for being here!
AZ Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:26 PM   #38  
Heidi

So my night has ended well. I made a spicy stir-fried tofu with veggies over soba noodles for dinner tonight, which was delicious. That ends the day with1350 calories, 35 min. on the elliptical, and no Swedish fish! I met all 3 of my goals, yay.

I'm going to go read in bed and will start fresh again tomorrow. The boys have a 2 hour delay, which hopefully will "stick" and they will go off to school as planned. But, it could turn into a cancellation over night. Fingers crossed...

I hope everyone else has had a great day today!

My goals for tomorrow are:
1. Exercise
2. Eat healthy foods
3. Exercise portion control

Last edited by newleaf123; 02-09-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Gosh, you all are doing so well. I am almost embarrassed to post that I did 4 minutes on the elliptical tonight. I just couldn't do any more. I don't know how I will ever get up to 30 min. at a time. You all do inspire me though and I am thankful I found this place.

Good luck tomorrow morning, Marie!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Thinking about you this morning Marie!

and hello to everyone else. Some great victories being posted (8 miles, wow! no swedish fish, yay!)

and everyone else - I agree that posting here is a great way to take control of your life and your weight.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #41  
Heidi

Marie Best of luck to you this today!! Can't wait to hear about your recovery... What an awesome job you have done with your weightloss!!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #42  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

What's amazing to me is my legs are okay today - my core is tender - good/muscles worked well, and I need to drink a ton to finish rehydrating. My bloodpressure was 90/60 at the doc right after running -- neat to get to see how our bodies respond to stuff..

Anyway - I was on an emotional high yesterday - I laughed talking to the doctor saying, haaaa, this overweight/couch potato is becoming an endurance athlete - how cool is that? I weigh over 200 pounds, don't look "hot" in jeans - struggle with my weight, but you know what? I kicked butt! I went 8 miles...ME?!!! CRAZY! It blows my mind, but what's happening in the process is my confidence is boosted. It's helping me understand all the limitations I place on myself...I put them there, and I get to remove them. Good stuff inside my head.

Thanks for your support and encouragement. I only started in Oct - and I couldn't run 1 mile, let alone a 1/2 a mile -- we all start somewhere.
---

Heidi - you're 20 pounds lighter than you were last year..THAT is something to celebrate, congratulations - you'll reach your goal. It's the slow and steady weight loss that STAYS off! - woohoo, you got on the elliptical!

Cindy - glad to have you back with us - miss you when you're gone. Good luck on your 30 day plan - and the maintainers may be a good addition to your routine for inspiration and ideas. I did 8 miles yesterday - and I'm slow so it took a long time! It's funny having to schedule such a large chunk of time to workout! Not like a 20 min run! LOL

Petra - yeah, with the perimenopause, the downs seem "enhanced" more than usual PMS - etc...but I'm aware of it now. I liked - (funny saying this title to you) What the Doctor's Don't tell you about Perimenopause - Dr. Lee (book) - etc...estrogen dominance/etc is the topic - Laughing, only you- "I had a pigeon for lunch today" - not something you hear often!!! gamey - check, scratch it off the list

ONMyWay- aww hon, we all struggle time to time. It's natural - I'm glad you put it out there - so you can stop feeling alone in it. As for the outside running - when it's warm enough - I'll do some inside, some outside runs - just don't do the cold at all! As for snow, think there's a blizzard warning today and we're looking at maybe 12 inches. I think more southernly parts of Jersey, and places like Philly are getting even more. Hope you find a place for vaca that excites you.

Annie- let's change that to -- what is the next thing I can wear when I lose XXX amount of pounds... perspective baby, it's all perspective - Annie, never be embarrassed about your 4 mins. Hold your head high and say, I did it! Look what I did..I'm improving every day... It's not a race, it's a personal journey and we're all in different places. I had a thought..know how you're at 4 mins...what if you did 3 mins in the AM, 3 mins in the PM - then you'd be up to 6 mins a day....etc

Ingrid - hope you make it to the treadmill this week and hope PMS moves out quickly

Marie- thinking of you while you're in surgery - and glad you love the resort enough to join it. PreCor= that's the kind I think I used at the trainer (the one i hated!)- you can adjust the angle of the feet

Lori Ann- try new batteries first, cheaper! if not- try out a friends or dr scale adn see if it's close to what yours says

Natalie- tracking what you eat can be super helpful - hope it helps - yesterday, I'd saved a movie to watch (GI Jane) thought it would be a great motivator, and it was! Usually i listen to a podcast or music - but it's a mental game - sometimes you just want to stop, but you have to keep going. Hopefully when i transition outside - the time won't be as much of an issue/boredom, etc...people say, but until it warms up, not happening here

Peanut- glad you stopped by again, what's going on with you?
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 AM   #43  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Becky - just waving for when you stop by later - I know your schedule is nuts right now...but thinking of you
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #44  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quick post before school. Had a good day yesterday! Exercised twice! Lunch is packed for today. I'll exercise after school. I'm committed! TOM arrived today so that may explain some of my gain, but that doesn't give me an excuse to be off track. I'm back on my way! (Pun intended!)

Marie, Thinking of you today!

Have a great day everyone. Those with snow stay warm! I'll catch up after school!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #45  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

I Feel Good....nana nana nana na

I LOVE being a morning person. Here it is 6:15am and I've already got my workout in, a load of wash, and paid the bills.

We were suppose to get snow here in the high desert but it didn't happen, just more rain. I think we have gotten our annual six inches all in the last 30 days.

Marie -I'll be thinking about you!!! How long is your membership at the resort? You'll have to come down the coast to visit us during one of your Cancun visits.

Petra - Pigeon???? EWWWWW I'm willing to try just about anything but Pigeon and seagull rank right up there with rat in my book. I would have to be on Survivor or something and even then I think it might come back up.

Heidi - Good job on sticking to your plan.

LoriAnn - I know that if I get on/off my scale repeatedly I can get a 3-5 lb. swing (especially if I bounce on it). I still weigh daily but I don't obsess about the number.

Natalie - Sounds like a good plan. Tracking EVERYTHING really keeps things in perspective for me. It's amazing how quickly the calories can add up.

AnnieDrews - Do you have access to other exercise equipment? I hate the elliptical and if that is what I had I don't think I would have gotten as far as I have. When I first started doing the treadmill I was supper slow. So slow that I was able to put a board across the handrails and set up my computer. I had to take my mind off the fact that I was working out. I know some read or listen to audio books. Another option is to see about a trial membership at a local gym. I even have one friend that hit up a bunch of local hotels explaining her need to loss weight and got permission from 3 of the 6 to use their facilities.

Thanks for the Zumba reminder.... might have to pull that out later today. I've never done a class but I do have the DVD's. I would love to get good enough to join a class..... LOL

LC - YOU ROCK.... I don't know how you do it. Yesterday I did my hour with 1.5 minute run intervals every 5 minutes and my legs were burning this morning; today was just a nice 3.5/4% incline stroll.

OMW - WTG.... twice in one day is GREAT.

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 02-10-2010 at 09:22 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote