Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 390/270/230

Height: 6'5"

Angry I blew it

Hello to all,

Long time no post. I fell off the wagon and I can't stop. I'm going back to Weight Watchers this week. To sum it up, my 56 year old sister died suddenly in October, we found her dead on the floor from a heart attack, yes she was very overweight. It hit me hard, I started to eat comfort food, stopped cycling and drinking beer.

I know I'm getting close to 300 pounds again, I used to be 398, and there's no way I'm going there again. I know change starts within yourself, so maybe this shout for help will help motivate me get it going again. I loved myself thin and healthy, I'm not comfortable being overweight, and no one should be.

Here's to a thinner me.
bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #2  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

bubba, I am so sorry for your loss.

Hope to see you on this site lots - great place for support and encouragement.

Let us know how everything goes with WW.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

bubba

So sorry for your loss, but glad you are challenging yourself to turn things around and go back down, instead of the other way. Getting yourself fit and healthy is the best tribute to your sister you can make.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

I am so sorry for your loss. I can relate. Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my sister's death. We were very close and talked daily. I have gained ~ 15-20 lbs in the last year. She did not die suddenly , so I was fortunate enough to have had many long talks with her. One of the things she told me was to promise to take better care of myself. I'll bet your sister would have told you the same. Let's do this!!!!
fatBgone07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #5  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Bubba, I'm so sorry about your dear sister... how terrible! Best of luck as you reinvigorate yourself on this journey; we're here for support!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/190/140

Height: 5ft

so sorry to hear about your loss....
ingrid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/164/140

Height: 5'8"

Sometimes the only way to deal with terrible stress or heartbreak is to muddle through it the only way you can. You worry about picking up the pieces later.

You know you have it in you to eat better and exercise, and losing weight isn't a one time only thing. When you feel ready, you can do it again.

Maybe you can find some Heart Association fitness runs/events to participate in? It would help you in your own journey and also help you honour your sister as well.

BP
bopeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:15 AM   #8  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry, bubba. Take good care of yourself in memory of your sister. She would want you to. Don't turn to comfort foods; instead envision her watching over you as a guardian angel while you exercise.

October is so very recent. Give yourself lots of time to grieve. Hugs to you.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 AM   #9  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing when my mom died 2.5 years ago. I had been losing wieght. Went from 295 to 245ish. After she died, I just ate. This summer I weighed myself again and now I was at 305. I felt terribel and realized I needed to start thinking about myself and not the past and who I had lost. I've lost 25 lbs since then (mostly this month). On my way back to where I was.
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Condolences on the loss of your sister. Sounds like you were having a really tough time, but look where you ended up....Here! I've only been a member for a short time, but already know this is the place for me. Such a supportive atmosphere and truly kind, honest people to help us through this journey. Glad you are getting back in the swing of becoming a healthier you.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #11  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Bubba, I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a loved one is never an easy thing. What you can do is make changes -- I know I made a lot of change after losing my father...I looked at life differently.

It's important to take care of yourself, and it starts one day at a time. One choice at a time, one meal at a time, one moment at a time. Just make a habit of loving yourself and making choices you can be happy with...you'll get there.

I also wanted to mention, I grew up in Levittown. Sending a hometown wave your way
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 390/270/230

Height: 6'5"

Thanks to all of you for your support. I'm starting to plan better meals for myself and looking at exercising during these cold months. I go cycling, but not in the cold or dark. But I do have a stationary bike. I do the American Cancer Society Bike a Thin in July here in Philly, so I have to get geared up for that as well. Doing 60 miles in the heat and overweight isn't fun.

Again thanks to all for your support
bubba64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #13  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Bubba, I'm sorry about the loss of your sister. It sounds like you are on the right track. Do not beat yourself up. Each try at weight loss, whether we are successful or not, teaches us something. Learn from your experiences and use what works for you. You did something great for yourself--you asked for support.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote