Old 01-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #91  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

wow petra, those are some great sites! surprisingly there are a number of places in sc listed on eatwild.com. unfortunately none are local. not sure I can eat rabbit as we used to keep them as pets. I do eat bison, love lamb, and have had pheasant that was shot and cooked by one of my high school boyfriends. He couldn't talk me into trying the squirrel though!

I ran out of my metformin last week so not only is my sugar up, but according to the crazy home scale it looks like I've gained back 6lbs : ( I'm hoping it's lying. It's not going to take much more in the way of bad news to make me crawl under my bed and refuse to come out!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

woo-hoo, just jumped back on the crazy scale after breakfast and a shower. I dropped 3 lbs in 60 mins : ) go me!

Last edited by weightlosswanted; 01-24-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: change
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #92  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Wink A Snowy Day and I'm Sitting By My Fireplace...

Petra, I’m bad about trimming their names. Three of the four don’t need it – they were them down naturally. Blizzard has long nails that click constantly. When she’s had anesthesia, they trim them way down and the still click. So I don’t bother. Bad mommy… And their ears – pointy ears stay clean. Yeah! Only once did Kody get and ear infection and cleaning his ears was horrible. Teeth – I buy ridiculously expensive treats that do the dental work for me. You have Goldens and they are more maintenance. I loved my Goldilocks but there was way more grooming requirements than my huskies. And thanks for the beans link. I looked at their prices and they were a bit more than sweetmarias.com. But I sure did look!

WLW, stay off your crazy scale and get more metformin. It can’t be good to let your blood sugars go wacky! Not to mention that your wacky scale is playing mind games with you.

Lamb, WTG on the run. Looks like you’re back.

DIL and I had a great time shopping. We go to the other side of the mountain, about 80 miles away. Shopping in our little town is horrible. But we were successful. I had fun at the GAP. Until August, I never went in there because their clothes aren’t really styled for the overweight (I bet you all understand what I’m talking about). Since August, I’ve become a GAP girl. I bought 10 tanks and 2 long sleeve shirts. I filled out their online survey this morning for a 20% coupon and now on my next visit I’m going to buy either GAP jeans or a jean skirt. I bought several yoga pants for after the surgery. There were so many I loved, but the style was definitely something that would work at work. I am returning 2 pairs (one was marked a Med and was a Large and are baggy – the other in hind sight was just WAY too expensive). I’m wearing a whole yoga outfit I bought yesterday. It’s black and ice blue. I got the pants (not good for work as they have a stripe down the lags), a long sleeve t-shirt and a jacket. The outfit is so cute. We also picked up the evil vacuum (some of you might remember my ranting from Sept/Oct/Nov about this refurbished @@#%#$% thing). They say it works and I’ll try it later today. And we got our rocker/recliner that we ordered in December. And then we hit Costco… Wow, I have a very empty bank account!

And I lost a pound so I have 2 pounds to go! I was doing the happy dance yesterday. Now off to change my ticker.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #93  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

So glad you ended up liking the goat - good to know it's one you can add to your list
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #94  
Deb

I love (loved!) Gap, but can't fit in them right now...so thrilled you can be a Gap girl and things fit well! I like the simplicity of the style and basics

I realized all my jammie pants are getting way loose on me...(probably because i stretched the elastic beyond comprehension, hahahah) and need to replace them
Old 01-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #95  
Deb

Kathi - hope you get your RX filled soon
Old 01-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Kathi-when my scale does that crazy stuff it usually means its time for new batteries.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #97  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Can I just share with you how I have spent the afternoon?? My DSs somehow dropped a 2 liter bottle of Coke on the floor, the impact broke the cap and sugary soda went shooting everywhere. Everywhere!! So, I have spent the afternoon cleaning the cabinets, cleaning the back splash, cleaning the range, cleaning the stools around the island, cleaning the floor, cleaning the chairs, cleaning the refrigerator, and yes, even cleaning the ceiling!

This just sucked! And, to make matters worse, my MIL was visiting at the time, and so after a quick wipe-up of everything with beach towels we went back and finished our visit so by the time I finally got to it, everything was a sticky mess!

The boys of course offered to help, but that would only make it worse. So I made them stay upstairs and be quiet while the cat and I took care of business. I do admit that I "rewarded" myself with a cookie and a dish of ice cream before allowing them downstairs again. Now my stomach feels icky; I shouldn't have done that. BUT, I stopped myself from having a 2nd cookie and/or a 2nd dish of ice cream, which did take a lot of work. So, that's good at least.

And the good news at least was that my floor really needed a good hands-and-knees cleaning and the kitchen sure looks nice now!

We've all agreed (including MIL) that we can't tell DH... If he had been home, oh my, there would have been a lot of anger let loose... I'm amazed by how well I held it together when I saw the extent of the mess, quite frankly. But, I KNEW how much work it was going to be to get it all cleaned up, and boy was I right!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #98  
Natalie

S/C/G: 170/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, missed a lot over the past days...missed everyone! Will catch up and join in next week. Am recuperating from what was the worst throat infection I have ever had, the upside? Another 2 lb loss, I hope it sticks, but not counting on it with the steroids I must take until Tuesday. But for now since it is my "official" weigh in day, I am taking it. Take care, see you next week.
AZ Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #99  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Oh Neweaf, hugs to you!!! You did great with your restraint in all areas! I actually read your post to my DH and he sends you hugs too.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #100  
Healthier than yesterday

S/C/G: 323/ticker/170

Height: 6'1"

Hi All,

Well I haven't been very good at posting much, but my weight loss is coming along. I've lost 14 lbs since Jan 3rd! First week was horrible with headaches, but now I'm not craving sugar or caffiene! Took myself off both. Eating smarter and smaller portions.

Last edited by Lori Ann; 01-25-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Lori Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:13 AM   #101  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Way to go Lori Ann!!!!
Oh no Newleaf, what a rough day : (

I'm going to pop over and start this weeks thread : ) happy monday!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote