Old 01-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default Anyone tried Mulberry ??

Hi there - I am new here, and I love reading this post. I am trying to lose about 50lbs (yikes) and I am hoping this forum will help me stay motivated. I am one of those people who does really well on a diet for about 3 months, then I start cheating because my gigantic sweet tooth takes over! So, I went to see a Naturopath doctor, and she suggested trying a Mulberry supplement to help regulate blood sugar. The side effect of this is that it is supposed to eliminate sugar/food cravings, especially carbs! And it helps your body regulate its insulin production, which keeps those cravings in check. I am hoping someone out there has tried this and had success??
soccermom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Hi Soccermom -

I'll be trying to lose 50 lbs (or more!) in 2010, so you already have company!

I haven't tried Mulberry, but a quick google search shows that it seems to be legit. Please report on how it goes if you try it!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

PeanutsMom and soccermom, you only need to lose one pound a week to meet your goal of 50 pound lost. You can do it !!! Good luck !!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #4  

I've never even heard of it..
cassieroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/183/110

Height: 5' 1"

I haven't tried Mulberry, but they say that Cinnamon (put it in your coffee, foods, cheweing gum etc) works as well as consuming bitter melon (alot of asians - except me - like this stuff) You can find bittermelon capsules in the internet also. It may be cheaper, since Mulberry is kinda new.
Litllam88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I have never heard of it or tried it. If you can buy the supplement anywhere I might try it. If the doctor himself is peddling it and says "other" supplements cannot compete, I wouldn't even be tempted. Sorry, I am a skeptic.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
PeanutsMom and soccermom, you only need to lose one pound a week to meet your goal of 50 pound lost. You can do it !!! Good luck !!!

I know - when you think of it like that, it seems doable!! I will be seeing if I can lose a little more quickly than that, at least for now, but that's still my main goal - to finish this year (at least) 50 lbs less than I started it. I'm excited and looking forward to 1/1/2011!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone - I was pretty skeptical at first too, but I've researched mulberry and spoken to my own family doctor and a naturopath doctor. Most health food stores sell it, and it's not expensive. Here in Toronto I only paid $13 for 90 capsules. They suggested cinnamon as well as mulberry (although mulberry is supposed to work better, as it takes larger amounts of cinnamon to do the same thing) and my doctor said magnesium is helpful also. Mulberry is used in several countries by doctors to treat pre-diabetics, or people at risk of getting diabetes ( I would probably fit in that category due to being overweight and loving sweets). Anyway - I will try it and let you all know how it goes! The girls at the health food store said it is supposed to work right away. Wish me luck and thanks for the support!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #9  

Good luck with the mulberry I'll keep checking back to see if you've had any results. It would be nice to not have the cravings anymore.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Never heard of mulberry and will keep this in mind - thank you!

Cinnamon and chromium may also be helpful for blood sugar regulation.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #11  
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litllam88 View Post
I haven't tried Mulberry, but they say that Cinnamon (put it in your coffee, foods, cheweing gum etc) works as well as consuming bitter melon (alot of asians - except me - like this stuff) You can find bittermelon capsules in the internet also. It may be cheaper, since Mulberry is kinda new.
my doctor put me on Cinnamon to help regular blood sugar, and has been wonderful for me - I have NOT tried Mulberry
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:44 PM   #12  

I'm going to get some cinnamon extract too - maybe a 'double whammy' will help! How do you use it ? I was thinking of putting a few drops in oatmeal, or coffee maybe. Any other ideas?
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #13  
Natalie

S/C/G: 170/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Soccermom - I am curious about it now, I have heard about cinnamon too, but I am not a big fan of cinnamon. Let us know how it works. How is it dispensed; capsules, tablets, powder, ???
AZ Manatee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #14  

Default about Mulberry and Chromium

Hi, about mulberry, I am just about to try it out and did some reading...this article "Diabetes #1 Shame Of The "Orthodox" Doctors - Chromium & More" (Chris Gupta) seemed to be informative and helpful and convinced me to give it a try....
laslor is offline   Reply With Quote