Old 09-13-2009, 11:42 PM   #91  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy and too short as always! Bathroom guy didn't show up Saturday as promised. AARGH! If I could finish it myself I would! You would think he would be as tired of us as we are of him! Or he would at least want the rest of his money!

Hydra, I agree, this is a great place for inspiration. I especially like looking at the goal threads.

DMC, Great job packing and planning ahead. You can do it! 1 pound a week is slow but better than nothing. And yes, I am the last BFF but now at least you're back here with me!

Newleaf, Weight hangover, LOL!

ICU, You are so close, hope you find your groove! Are you near Rochester Hills? We will be spending Thanksgiving there.

Jacquee, Glad to see you checking in.

Marie, Loved your picture! The scale is now your new friend! Please do post a before and after pic. It's great to see the change!

Gardener, Yikes on the 5 pound gain. I'm thinking it has to be from the chinese and japanese food and TOM. Drink lots of water to flush out your system and you'll be back down before you know it.

WLW, Hang in there, with your walking and better eating choices you are bound to see a loss soon. Like your new avatar!

Mystical, I think you should join the gym. Don't worry about others, you are there for you!

Patchwork, Hope hubby is feeling better and had a nice birthday!

Presmaggie, Good luck with the visit from your parents. Recognizing that your mom is a trigger is the first step in controlling it. Take it one day at a time!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #92  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ICU, how excellent that you said enough and didn’t do the traditional yo-yo dieter’s “I’ll wait until Monday”. I swear changing that mentality is what will get us through the rest of the losing journey then maintenance. I once read a numbers article about how weekends “off” could easily negate any calorie deficit during the week. Just looking at the numbers, it made so much sense that it pushed the “Monday” mentality out of me.

DMC, ah the joy of the nay-sayers. You do your one pound a week, then put on a skin tight outfit for the office Christmas party and give her a wink.

OMW, maybe bathroom guy has a valid reason for not showing up. Say if he was in the hospital and all phone service was cut. That was rude! At least he does have incentive to finish it. Hopefully soon.

So I found the pic I was thinking of but now that I look at it, it's after a bit of weight loss. I need to find DGS photos of right after he was born. Those are at home so... another day. Plus I'll have DH take some pics tonight as I don't have a full body shot.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote