Old 09-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #106  
Let's Get Going!!!

Default What a great day anyway!

Patch, thanks for the heads up about pinching the flowers, I didn't know that. I am having some Cyrstal Light Tea with my mint from my garden!

Sunshine, I wish I had time to make up my menus!

ICUwishing.. Canning? Awesome!!!!! I am jealous, all that home made delish!

Okay, heres the scoop. Maybe my ticker didn't move, but I was so good today as far as food. I didi have a glass of Zin, but its Saturday, and a holiday and whatever, I feel leaner!

I had such a wonderful day riding bicycles from Venice past Santa Monica pier - even went on the Ferris will at Pacific park on the pier. What a wonderful day and sometimes after 24 years, I still have to pinch myself that I live in So Cal!!!

Have a wonderful evening and will weigh again tomorrow, jic! LOL
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #107  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
[SIZE=2]
Jacque, I hope your mom is doing well and that you were able to use her gym. You look so great in your avatar.
Thanks...she is doing good. I came home yesterday after a LONG, LONG week and a LONG, LONG travel day. I'm not even going to do half of what I had planned to do today.....anyway, I did get to her gym quite a few times while I was there which is good since my eating wasn't totally OP.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #108  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

It looks like a lot of success here for the 40 something crowd!!

I'm trying something new today. I've still been struggling with a lot of hunger during the day, so I'm making breakfast my biggest meal of the day and then having smaller meals as the day goes on.

Otherwise, it's just one and a half more days before school starts for the boys.
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #109  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

AuzzieDee: hope you managed to get the walk in.

dmc2009: I've had to make rules for myself to control my worst habits like "No eating in the car." It's worked for me! I think "The kitchen is closed" will work for you. Would setting up some alternative activities for yourself help?
Do you know how your sister is losing weight? To extent that weight problems are due to genes and upbringing, siblings can be a useful source of information.

patchworkpenquin: the pashima sounds lovely! And the suit, too.

Jacque9999: glad your mom is doing better and that you've been able to return home.

My challenge today is a family day at the in-laws. My goals for while I'm out there are: walk, no snacking until I get home, and fill my supper plate mostly with vegetables.
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #110  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Joy, your pesto recipe is very much like mine. Nearly exactly other than I use a little less pine nuts. I made sourdough pesto pizza last night with red peppers and fresh mozzarella. Oh I swooned over it. It was the first time DH had it and he was a little tentative but he had three pizza so I guess it was ok. Enjoy the time with the in-laws. Your strategy sounds right on.

Diane, I hope you enjoyed the football game and the hike. I love being out in the mountains.

DMC, it sounds like you need to find a fun, intriguing hobby to do in the evening. The evening snack monster needs to be eradicated. The Zin probably isn’t is what’s making the ticker stuck – one glass isn’t a problem. Your day biking sounds so awesome. In Feb, DH and I have a layover in LA and plan to do just what you did, including the ferris wheel.

Hydra, I also thought eating healthy would be much more expensive and to a point it is. The food is more expensive than all the processed stuff. But since the quantity is substantially reduced I can buy better ingredients. So it ended up not being more.

ICE, sounds like you’ll have enough food if there’s an invasion and the grocery stores are closed. DH sounds like a prince.

Sunshine, sound like you’re good at all the pre-planning. I’m the type that can’t do that as I have cravings for specific foods on specific days and they can’t be predicted. I envy your ability.

Penguin, I have a huge indoor basil garden for my pesto obsession. I never forget to pinch. I check daily to see if I can make another batch of pesto. I think I have about 15 plants and they can’t keep up with me. I also have a big pot of Italian parsley but it’s not as loved as my basil pots.

Jacque, I’m glad your mom is doing well. You must be so relieved to be back home. Traveling is the pits. I don’t know how flight attendants can stand it. The pilots I get as it would be a blast to fly the plane.

Pres, “they” say breakfast is the most important meal. I hope that you find success with the strategy. Your back to school countdown made me laugh and remember the days I did that. Now I dread it as I work for a school district and love the summer as there are no teachers or students around. Just lots of work.

Where we originally went berry picking yesterday had 3 berries that were beyond their time. But was walked around a volcanic rock field (it’s so cool picking up a rock that I normally couldn’t budge but because it’s volcanic it’s very light). And we saw a black bear. It was awesome. Then as we drove the rest of the way over the mountain, we found the stash of wild blackberries along the high way. We picked about 2.5 gallon Ziploc bags worth. I’d have stayed all day but the thorny plants were too much. BTW, I ate a lot of berries yesterday. One for the bucket, one (maybe two) for the mouth. Yummy! Nature is great. Then the sourdough pesto pizza – it was a great food day – everything fresh and homemade (or grown in the wild along the highway.

Today we’re going back to the area where we didn’t have luck in berry hunting to go bike riding. It’s on Brown Mountain and it looked like a perfect place to bike. Usually we head to town to the bike trails but it’s through farm fields so this should be awesome.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #111  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Sounds like everyone is doing so great! I've been struggling with trying to get in enough calories without going overboard. Part of my issue is my schedule: breakfast at 8:30, first work break at 12:15 or 12:30, lunch from 3-4 and second break at 5:30. Off at 7 so dinner is anywhere from 8-10 though I'm trying to make it as early as possible. Blew it big time the other night with chinese for dinner. Don't think that will happen again since I actually logged what I ate into sparkpeople.com. Even though I only eat half my order the fat and calories were still mind-boggling and put a great food day down the drain : ( I went so far as to delete the number from my cell phone and tossed the menus in the trash! One of the effects of the increased calories is that my poor appetite isn't so poor, I haven't been so hungry on a daily basis in forever!

I have to catch up on the personals but from what I've seen everyone is doing fantastic!
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #112  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

I have that problem too, WLW. I work a 12 hour shift, and finish at 7:30. So I'm not home until after 8, and the last thing I want to do is think about what to eat and make it when I get home.

My key is planning. I now make my dinner the night before, after dinner. So the next night I'll eat what I've made, and then make dinner for the next night. It means that I have to be prepared with ingredients etc., but I don't have to think about what to have anymore. I just reheat stuff - 10 minutes in the microwave/oven/stovetop, and dinner is ready. So it's as soon as I get in the door.

Great job everyone else! I fully expected to gain this week - don't know why. But TOM is over and that's maybe what pushed me over the line from 187.8 to 187.2. Just over 1/2 lb, but I'll take it! I need to get back into the exercise - my ankle has been better the last couple of days, but I've been lazy...
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #113  
Tanya

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'8"

I was invited to a friends' house today and it was hard: lots of yummy food was served and it was a sit-down dinner. I KNOW I went overboard on my calories, although I stopped eating when I was full. Then my friend teased me that I was going to offend the hostess (his mom) by not finishing...hopefully that's not the case!
Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #114  
Try, Try again

S/C/G: 226/215/150

Height: 5'5"

Default New Member

Hi, I'm restarting my commitment to weight loss tomorrow and wanted somewhere I can connect with other losers! Wish me luck!
Mitzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #115  
Ruth

S/C/G: 98.0/95.5/69.0

Height: 173cm

Welcome Mitzee! And you don't need luck, you need strength, committment and determination. All of which I'm sure you have in spades.

Stick around, the support you'll get from this place is incredible.
Primm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #116  
Try, Try again

S/C/G: 226/215/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Support already!

I'm excited to find a group of supporters that are my age AND are in/or have been in my space. I will log in tomorrow to let you know how I'm doing.
Mitzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #117  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc2009 View Post

Sunshine, I wish I had time to make up my menus!
Believe me, it's not easy making time to plan it out. This is the only way I can stay successful. It's like Nike says, "Just Do It!"

Quote:
posted by Marie

Sunshine, sound like you’re good at all the pre-planning. I’m the type that can’t do that as I have cravings for specific foods on specific days and they can’t be predicted. I envy your ability.

Awww...thanks! No envy necessary. I just have to or falling off the wagon I go. Also, I do allow for flexibility, as long as it's within reason. The pre-planning is just a skeleton of having something to go by. Trust me, I tweak it often during the week.

My Mom made it so much easier. I was heading out to the supermarket to stock up and she called to tell me that she and my Step-Dad had a lot of meat they purchased from someone and there was way too much for them. I went by there and loaded up on so many goodies from steaks to seafood. Saved me LOTS of money! The only thing I had to purchase today was fruit and vegetables. I planned my menu based on that. Yay!!!

Last edited by SunshineCA; 09-07-2009 at 05:30 AM.
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote