Old 07-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #1  

Default Such a pretty face

Have any of you ladies ever gotten the "you have such a pretty face" comment from others? I once had a much loved aunt, who by the way is also plus sized, say to me..."you have such a pretty face, if you'd loose about 50 lbs you could have any guy you want". I just let it drop.
I think if I got that from anyone now I'd blast them right away!
ChestersMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Thats one of those comments you *think* about other people but not dare say. I haven't had that comment but my face probably isn't as pretty as yours.

I read something here yesterday that could handle this situation well. If you want to address it just say, "I think I am pretty now but I would like to be a healthier weight.." In all honesty I must also share with you that a real man, the kind of guy you want to attract, will care LESS about your weight and MORE about you!

In the area I live in, I have seen plenty of women come and go with certain men. I don't want the kind of guy that tosses me anytime I am not "looking" up to snuff. After all, if he thinks my weight is bad than what will happen if I should be diagnosed with breast cancer or be crippled in an accident? How will he handle it when our child faces struggles? Nope, don't want a fair weather guy!

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 07-09-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Nope. I've never been complimented on my face. On the one hand, I wanna say, at least you don't get comments on your weight *and* nothing about a pretty face On the other hand, it's very rude for people to talk to you that way.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/240/180

Height: 5'5"

I get this all the time....and I always feel like their saying..."You have such a pretty face....BUT It's so frustrating! I can't wait until I have the pretty body to match my pretty face :P
aphimira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I used to get that from my mom when I was much younger. As I never had an issue with having a man if I wanted one then I didn't much worry about it, however, it was a horrible thing to say and she hasn't said anything like that in a long long time now.

However nowadays and I being the smarta** that I am would probably reply with something like "wow, thanks, you don't have such a pretty face and unfortunately for you you don't even have a brain to make up for it so I guess you're just SOL, at least I am losing weight!"

But then, that's just me and I'm kinda mean sometimes........

Last edited by melwolfe; 07-09-2009 at 12:31 PM.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/Ticker/199

Default Such a pretty face?

I hate hearing this backhanded compliment! I always say "Yeah, and there's nothing wrong with the rest of me!"
CharlieJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #7  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

I have had it said to me as well. I agree, it is a back handed compliment. I have come to realize that I am pretty all over, inside and out from head to toe and ppl who don't see that have bigger problems than offending me. I feel sorry for them and they need to grow up! And yes, at times I have wanted to say ( like a tee-shirt I saw once) "at least I can lose weight, you will still be ugly!" lol
swtgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Just yesterday I told a much older co-worker that I was dieting and exercising and she said, "oh, that's so good. Jay (her husband) said the other day 'she's so pretty, why is she letting herself gain all that weight?' "

I shrugged it off to her, but to me... just more motivational wood for the fire.
Shipaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #9  
Sweet girl in L.A.

S/C/G: 242/212/180

Height: 5'2"

Unbelievable!
swtgila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 208/206/125

Height: 5'3

omg, if i had a dime for everytime someone told me that... well DAMN.. THANKS.. basically saying you have a pretty face but a sucky everything else.. thanks
loveDC425 is offline   Reply With Quote