Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default 40-Somethings June Chat

Welcome to June ladies. Can you believe we are almost half way through this YEAR? Where has the time gone? I've been a member of 3FC since December and the time has just flown by.

June is my month to kick it back into high gear and really be focused on my healthy life style.

Does anyone have vacation plans coming up? I'm home until August but Mack leaves Friday for a visit with the kids and diving in Myrtle Beach.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #2  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Jacque - Wow, look at you!! You are getting so close to your goal - you must feel great!

CruiseCAT - I hear you. Time is flying. Tomorrow is my younger DS' 8th birthday; I can't believe it.

Vacation plans: I'm taking the boys to Sanibel, FL in July to visit my parents for a week. And, we have rented a house in Virginia that backs up against the Shenandoah Forest for a week, also in July.

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-01-2009 at 07:42 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

HI Ladies - sorry I was a bit MIA in the May thread, giving it another go in June

Vacation plans in June: we are headed to Berlin on the 9th for a concert on the 10th, but will stay until the 12th. Last year we went for the weekend before my birthday and decided we wanted to go back for longer than a weekend. Berlin is an AMAZING city, overflowing with history and newness. And it's HUGE. There is so much to do. So to combine it with a concert (and a pre-concert party ) of our favourite band is perfect for us. I've already booked us a studio apartment with a little kitchen so I'll be able to stick to my plan for breakfasts and lunches and make good choices for dinners. I love being able to just be able to wake up in a strange city and still have my coffee and breakfast that I love available to me
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM   #4  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Happy June, everyone!

Velveteen - you are making some serious progress! I remember being a little appalled at the "spanking" you received on the forum about a month or 6 weeks ago when your resolve was wavering ... but holy cow - you are MOVIN', girl! Way to be an inspiration!

newleaf - Sanibel is wonderful! We used to go out there when I was a kid, and one of my good friends got married at the resort.

We have nothing going on for June except my 25th HS reunion. I've gotten back to the weight I was at for the 20th ... and I remember that I was pretty unhappy about it. It's on the 27th. My goal is to stick to what works (my plan) like glue, and to kick up the exercise a notch or two.

Well, I had what felt like a couple of pounds of hair removed on Saturday - went from a shoulder-length, all-one-layer thick wavy mess, to an ear-length, somewhat layered but still long on top kind of bob. It's better than it was, but I'm not happy with it. My stylist is recommending flat irons, and all sorts of products... sigh. I HATE fussing with my hair. I'll give it another week and see if I can learn to do something to it that I like, but if I can't ... I am gonna go back to short and spiky and SIMPLE. (Rant ends!)

pres - love your picture!

Jacque - congrats on gutting through the fixes for your computer issues. Hope you didn't permanently lose much -

And everyone else - May June be a month of victory for you all!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #5  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I can't believe it's already June! Our vacation plan is Jun 30-July 14 to DC to visit DD21 for her 22nd birthday! We will be staying at her apartment in Arlington VA. We've never been to DC before and DH & DS14 are huge history buffs. We're also bringing my mom, 69. DD's apartment is a 1 bdrm, so it will be tight, but not as tight as a hotel room.

And like you Velveteen, we love having access to a kitchen while on vacation. We almost always vacation in a condo/vacation home so that we can cook on our own. Berlin sounds like so much fun!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #6  
Heidi

Velveteen - we just had a houseguest from Germany a week ago (he's from Bavaria) and his favorite city in Germany is Berlin, too. Sounds like quite a place!
Old 06-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 112kg 247 lbs/90kg/67kg 147lbs

Height: 5'3'' 160 cm

Hi all,
It is June, and I'm always suprised how fast time fly. I'll have my summer vacation in end of July , and already counting days :-)
best regards to all
Nell
Nell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

It's June- oh my!

DD's birthday is on the 21st- she's turning 9.
The kids are in school until the 26th, so we'll be busy with soccer & end of school activities until then.

No 'planned' vacations. Though we do like to camping/hiking on the weekends in the summer. Favorite places are Glacier National Park in MT & Waterton National Park here in southern AB.
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:38 PM   #9  
Heidi

CanadaMel - it's great to "see" you!! Love the new avatar...
Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #10  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quick post from me and then I need to do more laundry and prepare my food for tomorrow...

ICU - thanks! I know, it was quite the rear lashing, wasn't it? but it worked, that's what I needed to get myself in gear

do you have crazy hair too?? ugh I have to get it cut more often than I actually do and spend a good couple of months of just pulling it back in a barette or a hairband. I am always tempted to cut my own bangs but hubby can hear the scissors from all the way across the house and then starts yelling at me to not do it... the only fussing I want to do is with the bangs and that's it. My stylist, too, always uses way too many products than I am comfortable with!!

you go with sticking to your plan!!!! and never mind about the weight at the reunion - think about how your HEALTH has improved!

Losermom - sounds GREAT! I've never been to DC either! you guys will have a great time I'm sure! having kitchen facilities really does make a difference, not only on the waistline but also the budget

Newleaf - I love Bavaria as well *sigh* I love traveling through Germany and we do it quite a bit since we are so close. How nice that you had a houseguest! I guess the fact that Berlin is his favourite city says something, right?

Beach vacations are always great - you guys will have a great time!

Hi Nell!

Hey CanadaMel!

Hey Cat! I've heard wonderful things about Myrtle beach!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 193/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi. I am new here and happy to find people posting on the 40+ board.

I have no plan in June, but ds is out of school and will only be going to camp 3 days a week. I am going to have to work hard to exercise 5 days a week. Thank goodness for my treadmill. I do plan to take ds out to eat a couple of times but he likes McDonalds and Taco Bell and I know what I should eat there.
Sheena41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #12  
Learner

S/C/G: 201/183/155

Height: 5' 5"

Velveteen - Berlin sounds like fun. I've never been there, although I have been to Germany in the past. It's been 9 years - the time sure flies.

ICUwishing - I'm with you on shorter hair. Because of all the exercising, I'm having to wash it most days and I don't have much patience for dealing with it. When I get it cut on Wednesday I might think about going a bit shorter. I always worry about looking old when it's short.

Hi CanadaMel and Sheena41 - it's nice to "meet" you. I'm pretty new here.

For summer vacation in early July, we're going to Kelowna, in the interior of British Columbia (lake, wine, apple and peach country) for a week to celebrate my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

A question for those with experience: My parents are coming for a visit to meet our younger 5 yr old son this week (we are in the process of adopting him from foster care) and I am worried about emotional eating when they are here (they can be a bit stressful). Any tips on the best ways to avoid that pitfall?
presmaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #13  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Default Happy June!

Just got back from my weekend in Ohio. Looks like this place has been hopping! I had a great weekend with my sisters. Also got together with a very good friend and had lunch with my MIL today. It's good to get away but I'm always glad to get home!

We are heading to Perdido Key, FL June 20. I love being at the beach. I'll be reading, relaxing and walking the beach. Add in some fresh shrimp and I'm in heaven!

Presmaggie, Since your folks are coming to your house, you control what food you will be buying. Plan ahead for meals and snacks. You can do it. Congrats on your adoption. That's awesome!

Sheena, Welcome! This is a great group! We're glad to have you join us!

Velveteen, you are doing great. Way to plan ahead for your trip!

Mel, Love the avatar! Camping sounds fun!

Nell, I agree, time goes by way too fast! Where are you vacationing in July?

Losermom, DC is a great city. Haven't been there since I was a child but have great memories of visiting all the sites.

ICU- I'm all about short and simple. If it needs a curling iron it's too long for me. Good luck with your new cut.

Jacque, glad to see you got your computer stuff worked out!

Newleaf, Happy birthday to your DS. Both my kids have summer birthdays. DS is going to be 20 in June, DD will be 11 in July.

Cruise, thanks for getting us started this month. I'll be kicking things up a bit this month too! Let's do it!

Hope I got everyone! If I missed someone, I'm sorry! Have a great evening!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 112kg 247 lbs/90kg/67kg 147lbs

Height: 5'3'' 160 cm

Hi ladys
I have a sinusitis and taking some antibiotic but hopefully it will be over soon :-). Silver lining is that I have lost my appetite, because right now all food taste like cardboard :-)).

Onmyway - Each year I spend my vacation on Adriatic coast , on Island Hvar and that is "the place" for me , to recharge my bateries and have fun. My country is located between Italy and Grece ( roughly speeking) and Dubrovnik is our best known tourist city (maybe you saw it on CNN).

Hi Velveteen - Enjoy Berlin and have a lot's of fun. I have been in Hamburg 9 years ago, and have had a blast. One of my best friends live there , so 2 Weeks were to short for all to see, but hopefully I'll be back :-))).

Presmaggie - I have same problem when my Mom is around... don't get me wrong , we love eachother dearly (I'm her only child), and 99% of the time we are the best friends , but dear God ... she just knows how to push some buttons to make me wild and than I'll eat everything in sight. As Onmyway said :"Plan ahead for meals and snacks. You can do it." I'm sure that everything will go well. Congrats on your adoption, it is wonderfull!

best regards to all and have a great day
Nell

Last edited by Nell68; 06-02-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Nell68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #15  
Heidi

Sheena41 - welcome!

PresMaggie - I agree with the others; it's your house; you control what food is in it. Just stock up healthy things, and also consider maybe there is a low-cal drink you can turn to instead of food? I personally like herbal tea - 0 cal! My parents are coming to visit too, hopefully I will take my own advice. Congratulations on adopting your son!

OnMYWay - so fun, going to the Keys. We went to Marathon Key once for a few days, and I found it so relaxing... Well, easy to place - it was a little over 8 years ago. I was very pregnant with my son who turned 8 today!

Nell68 - I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by newleaf123; 06-02-2009 at 08:51 AM.