Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 AM   #76  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Velveteen, I sometimes think of weightloss as rolling down a hill. At the top we start out slowly. But pretty soon we pick up momentum and start to move more quickly.

Wish me luck today. We are having our 2x a year potluck at work--120 people. It's so easy to overdo it, but everything is so yummy. My intent is to focus on the people and interactions rather than the food.

Hair color I look best in? My friends and family really like me with lots of blonde highlights. I pretty much wore my hair blonde for 15-20 years and most of the people around me were shocked to learn that my natural color is actually an ashy mid to light brown--yuck!
Haircolor I always wanted? It changes with the seasons. Fall/Winter I usually add some deep lowlights with a few highlights so my hair can rest for the blonde Spring/Summer highlights.
Best present I ever got? My 2 kids, DD21 & DS13. I'm not the most fertile girl around.
Fruit or veggie person? Fruit. I have an orange almost everyday and now I want an apple everyday too. I do really like steamed veggies too, not so much raw.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #77  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Boy, did I miss this board. I realized these past few days how much I depend on your support to keep me focused. It's been a long week and I am positively frightened to step on the scale on Friday. But, I am just going to take one day at at time.

Thank you again for the prayers for my brother. Everyday he gets a little better. He has a long road ahead of him but considering his heart stopped twice and he is still with us, we are so grateful for what we have.

Welcome to the newbies. So glad you are here!

I feel so behind on questions so I will just answer the last bunch:

Hair color I look best in? I guess I would have to say my natural brunette with hints of red. I haven't had my natural color in about 20 years though!

Haircolor I always wanted? I always wanted blonde but am not willing to do the work to keep it looking good...my roots would show within a couple of weeks because my hair grows so fast.

Best present I ever got? I would have to say my DS is my best gift...after years of infertility treatments he truly was a gift to me. Best material gift is a necklace DH gave me on our wedding day.

Fruit or veggie person? Definitely fruit.

Happy Wednesday. Have a good day.
Lessofmaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:06 AM   #78  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

First things first..... LoserMom - I love the new avatar. Looking Good!!!

Heidi - You are right I did start C25K on the street but HATE it. My 5K loop takes me on a major road with lots of cars and exhaust so I tried sticking to the back streets and then I had to deal with dogs out of their yard. The good news is the power cords have been mailed (ordered two) and I should be back on the treadmill in the next couple days.

PonyTail - Love the info on cravings. I used it yesterday and it really helped me stay away from a 3rd serving of Wheat Thins. Next time I think I'll try it after the 1st serving.

ICU - The attacks are no fun and the fact that I had one from just a little over eating really freaked me out. Now I am trying to figure out which doc with disciplinary action and/or major malpractices suits I'm going to let cut on me. I understand that California can be a sue happy state and that often it is better to settle than go to court but some of these cases are really scary.

Desi - Hang in there, I'm sure the scales will be moving soon.

OnMyWay - I think you are so right about the size issue. Truth be told I have been known to sport a muffin top under a baggy shirt. It was never about wanting to "be" a smaller size it had more to do with not wanted to go buy new stuff. Seems that every time I did I was like a hermit crab with a new shell and would grow out my new clothes; before I knew it I had muffin top again.

HotSplashes - Happy belated birthday.

Madamruppy - Welcome to the group. Baby steps will get you where you would like to be. It's all about moving forward.

Tanya - Thank you for sharing your experience. This was also a closed injury (DAI).

I too will save the questions for anther post seeing how I have typed a small novel here.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #79  
Eat Less Move More

LessOfMaur - We miss you too!!! We continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #80  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

CruiseCAT - I love the hermit crab analogy; that's it, exactly! I have the same problem...

Hair color - I guess brown? I've never tried anything different really. Although brown is all chemicals now, I'm almost completely gray otherwise.

Gift - Once, back in the day before kids, I got a huge signing bonus for a new job so I went out and bought diamond earrings that I knew my husband would never buy for me. Many years of hinting just never did the trick. So it was a gift to myself!

Fruits or veggies - that's an AND in my world, not an OR. Love them both!

Last edited by newleaf123; 04-08-2009 at 10:23 AM.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #81  
Eat Less Move More

1. What color hair do you think you look best in? What color hair did you always want though?

I’m a brunette and always have been except a year or so that I went blond. It was hard to keep up (especially with long hair) and it started to look like straw. Currently it is not as dark as my natural color with lots of highlights for the summer. I would love to try red but have never had the nerve. My sister currently wears hers red and it looks GREAT. Without color I am about 75% grey.

2. What was the best present you ever got?

I too dealt with infertility so my son is also my greatest gift. My greatest “material” gift was from my father when I was about ten. I came home Valentines Day, went down to my room and as I cleared the last stair and rounded the corner I stopped dead in my tracks. My father had propped against my door a heart shaped box of chocolates that had “I Love You” on it. My father passed a few years later and that was the only time those words were ever spoken.

3. Are you a fruit or veggie person?

Until recently I was a fruit person but since joining these boards I am learning new ways to fix veggies and I now love them too.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #82  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Hi everyone! Sometimes I have so much fun reading the board, I forget to add my own stuff. There's a really cool sticky on the Maintainer's Forum - something like "Did you pick your goal weight, or did it pick you?" I've been thinking about it a lot, even though it seems like such a long way off.

newleaf - I'm with you on the size stuff. I was comfortably wearing 10s when I was at 160 - bearing in mind that I like looser-cut styles! But when I made a rapid rise up to 174, it seemed like I completely bypassed 12 and needed to go right into 14's. Now that I'm almost back to 160 again, I still have no hope of getting into my old 10's. It's very strange. I wish, especially for pants, that we could just go to a straight dimensioning systems like the guys have. I'd rather deal with people seeing me pluck a pair of 44 hip pants off the rack than have to try on half a dozen!

loser - best wishes on the potluck. Looks like you've got a good strategy! Be sure to tell us how it comes out!

Hair color - Red tones look best on me - I'm really pale with green eyes. I currently sport a red/brown called "cinnamon bear" that looks pretty darn OK. I'm 100% blah-gray for real - if I'd inherited my mom's pure white I might have let it go. I tried blonde briefly - til my DH of 19 years drank a couple extra beers one night and told me he absolutely hated blonde hair. Poor guy was afraid to tell me! I'd like to be brave enough to go to a full dark red. Maybe at goal? Temporary rinse?

Best gift: my son. I wasn't sure I was ready, I wasn't sure I wanted a kid, I didn't think I had the patience or the tolerance. Holy cow - the things that child has taught me about myself! I cannot imagine life without him.

Fruit more so than veggies - but learning! Vegetables have such a great bang for the buck on nutritional density. It'll be easier when the garden's going - who can resist a snow pea right off the vine? Yummy! In the "tweener" category - can I vote for the fungi? I've never met a mushroom I didn't love to pieces!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #83  
Heidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
I tried blonde briefly - til my DH of 19 years drank a couple extra beers one night and told me he absolutely hated blonde hair. Poor guy was afraid to tell me!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone,

I hope I can join you here. I'm 40ish and new to this thread. Not new to 3FC, I used to post here almost 10 years ago and had a different name. But here I am again, bigger than ever. I really need a place to hang out and help keep me accountable.

I've had success losing in the past, but have been steadily getting bigger over the last three years and I really need to put an end to it NOW. I'm counting calories and learning to run again. I'm trying the C25K. I am currently 5 days on program and hope to see a loss this week.

Thanks for reading
Olive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #85  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Quote:
Originally Posted by losermom View Post
Velveteen, I sometimes think of weightloss as rolling down a hill. At the top we start out slowly. But pretty soon we pick up momentum and start to move more quickly.

Wish me luck today. We are having our 2x a year potluck at work--120 people. It's so easy to overdo it, but everything is so yummy. My intent is to focus on the people and interactions rather than the food.

Hair color I look best in? My friends and family really like me with lots of blonde highlights. I pretty much wore my hair blonde for 15-20 years and most of the people around me were shocked to learn that my natural color is actually an ashy mid to light brown--yuck!
Haircolor I always wanted? It changes with the seasons. Fall/Winter I usually add some deep lowlights with a few highlights so my hair can rest for the blonde Spring/Summer highlights.
Best present I ever got? My 2 kids, DD21 & DS13. I'm not the most fertile girl around.
Fruit or veggie person? Fruit. I have an orange almost everyday and now I want an apple everyday too. I do really like steamed veggies too, not so much raw.
Thanks Losermom, for your reply. I realise it's not a bad loss and I know better than to be discouraged... I remember years ago saying to friends, "it doesn't matter if it's *only* a half a pound, it's a LOSS!" yet I feel very grumpy over almost 2 lbs!!! I just have to keep going, to get that momemtum.

Best of luck at your potluck!!

Hair color I look best in? Black!
Haircolor I always wanted? My natural hair colour is black-brown and I LOVE it. I really have never wanted any other colour of hair.
Best present I ever got? That's really hard to say. I mean, I've gotten material gifts that mean something, but honestly, at the worst time in my whole life I met my best friend, who is now my husband. I used to say it was like an Angel coming to rescue me. Cheesy?
Fruit or veggie person? Have to be difficult on this one too - I am BOTH!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #86  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Hotsplashes and Madamruppy, hope you were able to get back on track! Happy Belated Birthday Hot!

Less - good to see you again. Glad to hear your brother is hanging in there and getting better every day, even if slowly recovering!

Olive, welcome!!

who did I miss? I feel a little behind as I've been busy the last few days - not so much timr for the computer!

Last edited by PinkyPie; 04-08-2009 at 03:17 PM.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #87  
Heidi

Welcome, Olive!!

LoserMom - I love seeing your picture; you look great!!

Tomorrow marks 2 months into my journey. I've definitely surpassed my goal of 5lbs a month -- woo hoo!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #88  

Height: 5'5"

Newleaf...way to go on your results. You are doing fabulous!!
Olive...welcome! We are glad you are here.

And, I am enjoying everyone's comments about clothes sizing. I have always been amazed at how different one item of clothing can be from another one. As much of a pain it is, you really need to try things on in different sizes to find the best fit for your shape. I think that is why I hate to shop. I try one thing on, it doesn't look right, I get frustrated and I walk out of the store. No wonder my husband always rolls his eyes when I complain I have nothing to wear.
Lessofmaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #89  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone! This has been a busy place lately. I really look forward to coming here and reading everyone's posts!

Hair color I look best in? My hair is light brown. I have just begun having it highlighted to cover gray.
Haircolor I always wanted? I love red hair. Don't think I could pull it off!
Best present I ever got? My 2 kids, My DS was conceived after several years of infertility treatments. My DD came along totally unexpected 9 years later. I lost my dad the year she was born so I think she was sent to help me cope.
Fruit or veggie person? Fruit! You name it, I like it! As for veggies, I prefer them raw or grilled in the summer.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #90  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Welsome Olive!

ICU, your story about your husband made me laugh. For those of you who want to try red hair, I think that a temporary rinse might be the way to start. I love to color my hair red! But I've found that when I try to change it later that the red tones have stained my hair and affect the color I'm trying to acheive.

Well, I have to admit that I didn't do too well at the potluck. I started out with the best of intentions though. I try to tell myself that we only do it 2x a year, but that's not really a valid excuse. I did do my weight training afterwards, which was a struggle. I'm not going to start that negative spiral that I used to do. Today is a new day.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote