Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #31  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Lessofmaur - crack me up!

Thanks for the new questions ICU. Here's my answers!
1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery? I would be sharing it with my family. I would love to own a beach house.
2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent? I am very creative.
3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most? Obviously my weight and with that I hope to be more self confident.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery? Making sure my mom is well taken care of, take the whole family on a vacation, saving for kids college fund etc., etc.
2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent? Perseverance. Once I get going on a project I like to see it through to the end
3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most? I wish I didn't procrastinate as much as I do. I have a high activation barrier, getting started is the toughest part, then once I get going I'm okay.
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery? I would be back training horses full time on my own facility. Oh And travelling the world

2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent? I NEVER panic in a situation. I am the one who holds everyone and everything together.

3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most? Besides my weight, I wish I was more musically talented. Can't play an instrument or carry a tune to save my life.
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:48 AM   #34  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Hi Hattie, thanks for the welcome!

To answer the questions

1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery? I would pay off my debts, buy a house, travel, maybe start up my own café

2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent? I am a good friend, a great listener and will pretty much do anything for the people I love. I don’t know if that’s a talent per se, but I know that’s something I’ve been consistently good at.

3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most? My insecurity. Oh and I would also like to hold less grudges/ hold on to past hurts less.

Good Morning all. It’s Friday, and I’m so ready for the weekend. I’m just going to plug through this day and sneak out a little bit earlier than I normally do (I have already worked my hours!!). I had to make the choice this morning to exercise or prepare my food for the day so I chose the food preparation. Tonight, before I drink my 3 glasses of wine that I’ve budgeted for, I’m going on my elliptical for at least 20 minutes.

It takes 21 days to make a habit. I’m on day 3. Just have to keep on going!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and I hope to catch up again later.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #35  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. I won't be around much the next few days. My brother is in ICU in critical condition (possible heart attack). If you have any prayers to spare, I would appreciate them. Thanks.
LessofMaur
Lessofmaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #36  

Well here we are in the middle of Ohio on our way to North Carolina. The internet service here stinks so I won't be able to post anything else. I am sorry I have been AWOL lately. We have been in a holding pattern for several days with my father-in-law. He finally died yesterday so we are on our way to be with the family.

I am very tired after having made this trip again after only doing it two weeks ago. I brought my running clothes and vow to eat better while we are here this time. We should be at my MIL's home more so not as much out. I did break the last 10 pounds by one pound so I am happy about that. I will have to catch up with everyone when we get back. Just wanted to let you all know what was up with me.

Sorry to hear about your brother Maur. I pray that he is ok!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:35 AM   #37  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

LessOfMaur - I'm so sorry to hear about your brother... I hope for a speedy recovery!

Beemer - I'm so sorry about your father-in-law... may he rest in peace! Hugs to you and your family...
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM   #38  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Less - I'll be sending some positive get well vibes for your brother.

Beemer - I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:15 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

LessofMaur- speedy recovery to your brother

Beemer- strength to you during this difficult time
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lessofmaur, I have already said a prayer for your brother and will continue to do so. Stay strong, think positive!

Beemer, I'm very sorry for your loss. I have said a prayer for you and your family too.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #41  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone.....

I'm back and physically and emotionally drained. I stayed up way to late on Tuesday playing craps and then up at 6am to head into Vegas to see Sarah; she is still in a coma but we all remain optimistic as there has been a few glimmers that she will come out of this and that she understands.

I'm going to get on my soap box for just a minute and ask that each of you talk with your loved ones and let them know what your wishes are. Know the difference between various life support, coma, persistent vegetative state and be specific about what you want, including a time frame. It is very important that in addition to letting loved ones know that you have this in writing.

I am also a firm believer that we are responsible for ourselves and MUST be our own advocate. That IF we don't take an active role in our care or those that we love we are at the mercy of those that may not have our best interest as priority one. Do your research, ask questions, do not be afraid to ask for another opinion, the best thing we can do as an advocate is to make informed educated decisions.

OK... I'm off my soap box.

Maur - Sorry to hear about your brother.

Susan - My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

I missed my friends here on 3FC and will catch up with everything that has been going on this weekend (I've only read this page).

Last edited by CruiseCAT; 04-03-2009 at 11:50 AM.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome back Cat, and thanks for the advice. It's certainly something to look into.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #43  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

LessofMaur - prayers sent.

Beemer - best wishes to your family that the strength as a unit can hold them over until the grieving process is complete.

Cruise - Thank you for the reminder. When my mom gave me her legally-binding document, I had several surprises - we hadn't talked about it, but now I have absolutely NO doubts about what she wants. This sort of stuff can cause an all-out war in a family - been there - so get your story straight and get it down on paper!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #44  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Beemer and LessofMaur - Prayers going out to both of you!

Cruise - very good advice. It's hard to discuss these things but very important. Hope you had a great trip, did you win anything?

Happy Friday everyone!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:27 PM   #45  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Cat, welcome back. Great advise!