Old 04-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #16  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Thanks Jacqui for the challenge link. I’m going to skip the challenge this time around since I first want to get myself on the right path. I’ve done these challenges and petered out due to putting too much pressure on myself. I have known, but somehow forgot that having an all-or-nothing attitude doesn’t really work! Thanks for thinking it might be something for me though, really appreciate that!

Hi Ponytail, am so glad we are closer to the weekend!! Definitely am making good choices today and will plan ahead for Friday!

Hi Hotsplashes – I don’t know what timbits are but I’m sure you’ll get right back on track if you haven’t already!

Hi Losermom - you know, the first 6 months I worked at SBUX I was completely jacked up! I even went through our coffee education program, became a Coffee Master and then won a competition to be Coffee Ambassador (for the year 2008). I am *all* about coffee! I had to stop all the 36 shots of espresso I was averaging though, I wasn’t really sleeping well at night!

CanadaMel – thanks for the welcome!

It’s Thursday almost lunch time for me. I’m extremely tired today, but still have everything under control as far as my food plan goes. I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner and drinks this evening, but after my going-out last week and having several days off kilter because of being overtired/ having alcohol during the week, I’ve decided to reschedule with him. As it is we are going to Glasgow next weekend; I need to keep a low-profile as far as going out goes and keep things in check until then. I would really like to have more than 2 or 3 good days during the week and see a loss of more than a couple of ounces… I know I’m the only one who can do this, so I am taking control of the situation NOW.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I’ll be back later if time allows.
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #17  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

WELCOME Velveteen! You sound very determined. This is a great group for support and friendship. Hope to hear a lot from you!

Way to go New Leaf. Love that you rewarded yourself with new undies! I treated myself to some not too long ago, you feel musch better when whats underneath fits and looks nice!

Losermom, I can relate to the scale, I had a couple weeks where it seemed to move up and then dropped a lot. I give up trying to figure it out!

Lessofmaur, I work in an early childhood special ed. classroom. I love the little ones but they can be so silly! Yesterday was fun! Don't be too hard on yourself about seeing the gain, could be a lot of things. Keep with your program.

Jacqui, I agree, setting small goals makes this whole process doable!

Pony, Reining sounds beautiful! Thanks for my PM, I'll send another to you soon! Keep up the good work!!

Hotsplashes, Hope the scale is nice to you. I'm not sure about Timbits either but I'm sure it's not good. The trick is to get past it and get back on track. You can do it!

CanadaMel, The experiment with the scale is shocking. I never move mine, maybe I should keep moving it til I find the lowest it will weigh me!!!

Hope everyone has a good eating and exercising day. Spring is trying to get here!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #18  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

thanks Onmyway - one day at a time but yes I'm determined!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone! Well, my scale is still up those dreaded three pounds so I took CanadaMel's advice and moved it around to different locations. I got the best reading after I put it in the driveway and ran it over with my truck. I am happy to say I am now a svelte 18.9 pounds! Of course, I need a new scale but that is the price you pay to get the results you want!

On a serious note, yes, I am still showing a gain but I am still on the plan so I will just take each day as it comes. Hope everyone has a good day.
Lessofmaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Lessofmaur, thanks for the laugh today! So funny!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #21  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Happy April, everyone!

newleaf, congrats on the 10! You and I are pretty much the same size, same goal. I'd love to buy some new underwear myself - except that I accidentally bought that lower size about, oh ... 5 years ago and they've been sitting in my drawer waiting for me to get to them! They're dusty, but I'm still counting them as new, lol!

velveteen - welcome aboard!

Wish I had more time ... but spring break starts for the small fry today and I need to cram in a workout and shower before he gets home at 1. Chat with y'all later!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #22  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

LessOfMaur - LOL

ICU - same size, but your goal is much more aggressive! The last time I did this journey (4 years ago) I got down to 145 and felt *very* thin, but it was impossible to maintain that. I got that low due to having an infected tooth followed by bronchitis that lingered. I ended up maintaining at 155 and feeling very good about myself. 139.5 - wow! I am sure you will look awesome!!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #23  
Recovering Pantry Pest

newleaf, I reserve the right to revise as I get closer! I don't have a big frame but I do carry a lot of muscle - I've been blessed with what's figuratively known as the "bar-room build" - lonnnnggg torso and arms, big shoulders. I was a really soft, out-of-shape 160-165 for at least the past seven years, and then shot up to 174 in the span of a couple of months last year. Because I'm working out, the 163 I'm back to now already looks (to me) a heck of a lot better than it did before. I wish I had some size measurements that I could refer back to, because those would probably be more relevant than a particular weight target.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #24  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessofmaur View Post
Good morning everyone! Well, my scale is still up those dreaded three pounds so I took CanadaMel's advice and moved it around to different locations. I got the best reading after I put it in the driveway and ran it over with my truck. I am happy to say I am now a svelte 18.9 pounds! Of course, I need a new scale but that is the price you pay to get the results you want!

On a serious note, yes, I am still showing a gain but I am still on the plan so I will just take each day as it comes. Hope everyone has a good day.
that's hilarious!! I think I'll throw mine off of our (4th story) balcony and see what my weight loss is

ICUwishing thanks for the welcome!

Had a big glitch today. I have no idea what happened but when I left work I found out that there were no trains going to Utrecht, which is right smack dab in the middle of my journey. So annoying! No one was even giving anyone any advise about how to get to where we needed to go. So, my normal train journey of 1 hour and 15 minutes became a grand total of... 3 hours and 50 minutes As I do not want to eat dinner after 9pm, there went my plan. Luckily I had some strawberries and yoghurt with me, and an apple, but geez... I left the office at 5.30! I've been home 30 minutes, actually had some peanut butter with toast (plugged it in my WW online program - still within points) and am going to hit the sack soon. What a day.

I was SO tempted to get something to eat, but I just had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't worth it, I needed to wait until I got home. I guess we have tuna steaks tomorrow!

Last edited by PinkyPie; 04-02-2009 at 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #25  
Recovering Pantry Pest

velveteen, sorry about your commuting nightmare! And congratulations on handling it with such dignity and keeping to your plan! Serious role model behavior there!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #26  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

wow thanks!! I don't know if it's role model behaviour - more like stubborn determination to stay on plan for more than 24 hours. But thanks, I'm a little bit proud that I didn't just say s***w it!
Old 04-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Talking

Hi all

Welcome: Velveteen!

Do we have new ?s ? Does someone want to go for it?

Lessofmaur: Thanks for the laugh!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #28  
Recovering Pantry Pest

OK - I will take a stab at questions. Please feel free to not answer if you think they're digging too deep - but if you REALLY wanna get to know each other ...

1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery?
2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent?
3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most?

Here's my answers -
1) I would be writing fiction full time.
2) I'm an idiot savant when it comes to reams of data - I can see the significant outcomes almost intuitively
3) I am the QUEEN of procrastination - a stereotypical INFJ personality who can lose, literally, DAYS in my own head.

Next?

Last edited by ICUwishing; 04-02-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #29  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery? Traveling

2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent? I'm a quick learner with a lot of intellectual curiosity. So, give me a problem and I'll solve it.

3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most? I have always wanted to be one one those people who was very quiet, but clearly thinking deep thoughts, so that when you asked them what they thought, they had something profound to say. I'm not that person at all; I'm the type who is always putting my thoughts out there. I've learned over time that it's an inborn trait, not something easily changed or adopted. ICU - to your INFJ, I am an ENTJ.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

1) What would you be doing if you hit the lottery? Setting up savings accounts for every member of my family, and paying off and redecorating my house ANY way I want!
2) What do you consider to be your greatest talent? Keeping a secret. I have no compulsion to tell something that someone has told me in confidence. If the talent, however, has to do with work ethic, then organization.
3) What is the thing you wish you could change about yourself the most? My inner insecurities. I'm an ISFJ.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote