Donuts of Betrayal

• I looked in the fridge this morning and there was a pack of 12 donuts with 6 gone. This is the work of my DH, who must've gone to the store last night after I went to bed. I know I'm being melodramatic here, but when I saw them I actually gasped out loud. He's supposed to be changing his eating habits too, and money is really tight right now, so tight that I didn't spend money on FRUIT this week. I feel completely betrayed. I just can't believe he would do something like that, when I'm trying so hard to lose!

Then the other half of me is like, relax, it's just some donuts, it's not like he's having an affair for Pete sake! Like don't get all high and mighty about some pastry in the fridge.

I'm not going to say anything, but I threw the rest out and left a note in there. Too passive agressive?
  • Thats funny! Not that he bought them but you threw them out!
    Good job for staying in control and not eating any!!
  • Good for you!! I think I would have done the same thing!
  • what did the note say???
  • HA! That made me think of this hilarious website.

Seriously (nah, not really), I probably would have left the donuts there (possibly with a passive-aggressive note or better yet, some teensy little passive aggressive flags stuck in each of them, such as "Enjoy your clogged arteries" or "Hey there glutton!" ) and bought myself some really indulgent fruit for about the same amount of money. Mangos, a whole pineapple, hmmm...

Yeah, that doesn't solve the financial problems, I know (oh how I know).
  • I told my hubby to stop to get a bottle of wine last night. He opened the sack and out came a bottle of wine and Skinny Cow sandwiches. Well, at least he got something somewhat doable.

ETA: Just want to mention the Skinny Cow Dippers are FABULOOOOUS!~
  • Quote: HA! That made me think of this hilarious website.

Seriously (nah, not really), I probably would have left the donuts there (possibly with a passive-aggressive note or better yet, some teensy little passive aggressive flags stuck in each of them, such as "Enjoy your clogged arteries" or "Hey there glutton!" ) and bought myself some really indulgent fruit for about the same amount of money. Mangos, a whole pineapple, hmmm...

ROFL>........OMG, funny! I love this!
  • Well, aggressive maybe, but I don't think throwing them out is passive

BTW, I just love the thread title
  • He came in this morning looking for his donuts, I said they were in the trash, but he could have some yummy high fiber, low fat cereal. I guess he was feeling pretty down last night, and thought donuts would make him feel better. I said I was sorry he was feeling down, but donut comfort is short lived. (And what I didn't say was, even more short lived if you do it again because I'm going to KILL you! )
  • Quote: ETA: Just want to mention the Skinny Cow Dippers are FABULOOOOUS!~
    I have to second that motion!!
  • Quote: Seriously (nah, not really), I probably would have left the donuts there (possibly with a passive-aggressive note or better yet, some teensy little passive aggressive flags stuck in each of them, such as "Enjoy your clogged arteries" or "Hey there glutton!" ) and bought myself some really indulgent fruit for about the same amount of money. Mangos, a whole pineapple, hmmm...

Good one Heffalump!! I just recently started eating mangos and absolutely love a good fresh one. I told my hubby not to get me candy anymore for presents. I told him I would rather have a nice bunch of expensive fruit. Another new fruit to me that I love is pomegranate but they haven't been at the store recently. Not sure what their season is.
  • WTG... I am always being told I am a P/A type and when I started reading I was like "oh no he didn't" with my second thought being that they needed to GO. I love that you left a note in their place.
  • Quote:
    ETA: Just want to mention the Skinny Cow Dippers are FABULOOOOUS!~
    I personally love the cones; especially the mint.