Old 01-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

doggirl! Great to have you here! You are doing an awesome job!! What kind of dogs? I have two rotties. Yours look like they might be rotties also.

amygotgrace! So glad you are here! Wow! You are doing a great job! I am almost at 50lbs gone and I can't wait to get there! 5 more to go.. I know just what you mean about it being the longest you have gone..We are going all the way together. Are you ready?

gigglez: Glad you are feeling better!

Susan: In the snow? You go girl!! Perk it up!!

Hi to all..."I'll be back"..
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #62  

Smile

OMG!!!! I almost forgot...

GIGGLEZ!!!

Here is the I got for you. and a because it looks like so much fun!!! Enjoy!!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM   #63  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. I have enjoyed reading the many posts and everyone is so supportive. I have been a yo-yo dieter for since my teens but 2 years ago I was able to drop over 50 pounds by just making a change to my eating style. I still ate the same amount of food per day but I ate every three hours. I have gained some back as my mom became ill and I ate from stress. She died last year and now I am ready to take control. I started eating every 3 hours on Jan 1, 2009 and feel so much better. I noticed within days the increase in my energy level. The weight is coming off and I am on my way.
Just wanted to say hello to the other 40ers and looking forward to meeting buddies. Is anyone else eating every 3 hours?
Marge
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:31 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello 40's!

I am pretty new to 3FC, but find the support amazing! I am 45, a mother of two beautiful girls - 15 and 23 - , the wife of an amazing husband, and soon to be a first time granny! I think becoming a granny has jarred me into reality and was the kick start to a healthy lifestyle change. I have been watching my calories, try to stay below 1500 daily, and walking 1-1.5 miles 5 to 6 days per week. I've lost 7 pounds since Jan. 2 and intend to keep going for the rest of my life!

Great to meet you all and best of luck! Let's keep in touch.

~coufs
coufs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Good Morning everyone

Hattie thank you so much for the bday wishes. I even was good yesterday and resisted the temptation to go and buy myself bday cake from DQ. Love those ice cream cakes but stayed away. Just think Hattie in a few days you will have lost 50lbs! That is something to be proud of!

to delafax and coufs! This is a great place to be. This is so much support and friendship here.

Marge I know you will do it, just keep on keeping on. Before you know you will be at your goal. I don't know how you eat every 3 hours tho. That would be so hard for me esp. with the way that I work.

Coufs so when is your grandchild going to get here? Have you gotten to the place where you have to walk no matter what yet? I have to go to the plex everyday or I just don't feel right.

Doggurl what kind of dogs do you have? Love dogs but cats I just kind of tolerate. Just keep on watching those carbs with the sugar content and you will be doing great. Sorry tho that it took the diabetes to kick you into gear but each and everyone of us have something that got us started. Question to all what was it that got you started on your weight loss journey? For me it was the combo of wanting to be around for my son and just wanting to feel better about myself.

Susan I am so scared of those digital scales. But then again I would welcome one of them, my scale died. I weigh myself at the plex once a week, sometimes twice. Still walking in the snow?

This moring it is snowing and there is no school makes 2 in a row. Now I have to take my boy to my mother's before I go in and I dread it, leaves no time to get in an ab workout this morning. Yesterday was pretty much on plan and even had no bday cake, but I did have one bday choc chip cookie before 7 am yesterday morning so I worked it off. Why is it when you are ready to work hard during your workout you get feel ill about half way thru. I pushed myself yesterday to get in 38 min on the elipt. yesterday but I did that much and then stopped. Here to a great OP day for everyone!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I just got back from the mail and it's COLD! If I walk right there and back, it's about 12 minutes. So I thought I might shovel some snow when I got back. Ya know? just to stretch out my activity time. Nope ... my hands were numb.
I'll find something to watch on TV and do some weights for upper body instead.

I like my digital scale but you certainly have to keep your wits about you. A few decimals one way or the other can be as little as a cup or two of water. Not panic worthy.

50 lbs Hattie! That's awesome.

Hi new folks!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 220/135

Height: 5'4"

Gigglez: Granbaby is due at the end of July! My poor daughter to be pregnant midsummer! I haven't gotten to the walk or die point yet, but here in Colorado, we had a snowstorm on Monday and it didn't stop me! Even yesterday there was tons of slush and mud, but I did the back country walk anyway.
coufs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #68  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Hello all!
Just wanted to check in and wish all well. I have a little thing to celebrate...this morning I threw away a doughnut. For some, that may seem insignificant, but it was a big deal to me...Saying no thanks and giving the power to someone else would have been one thing, but I accepted it, and threw it and chose for myself to put it directly in the garbage. It was an amazingly powerful thing to do! Hope everyone else is having a victorious day!
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:15 PM   #69  

I'll celebrate with you forme01!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #70  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Forme01,
That is certainly cause for celebration. I find moments like that to be very powerful as well, it says you are the one in control and you can make the right choice for you. Way to go!

It is very cold here, single digits and wind chill below zero. Anyone know how many calories you burn shivering?!!! Someone pulled the fire alarm at school today and we were outside with kids with no coats for close to 15 minutes.

Hope everyone is having a great day, the weekend is almost here!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #71  

That is awesome about throwing the doughnut away forme01!! I drove by Krispy Kreme the other day and they even had the Hot sign on. I was very tempted but we drove on by. They are especially good warm!!

It is very cold here too. I am glad I don't have to exercise outside. I would have given up by now. I rode 11 miles on my recumbent bike and jogged 2.25 miles on my treadmill today. I am doing a 5K run in the Spring and a 25 mile bike ride too. They are both for my daughter. The run is that Girls on the Run program which I did with her last year. I did ok runnning it but walked quite a bit. This year I plan to run the whole thing.

The bike trip is a field trip for school which I did with my son last year and will be doing it with my daughter this year. They are one year apart in school. I did the 5K on a Friday last Spring on our first humid day of the year and then did the 25 mile trip the following Monday. I was dead by Tuesday and want to be more prepared this year. Are there any runners on this forum? I never have been a runner so this is new territory for me. Would like some tips from those who run.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #72  

Smile

Hi girls

Onmyway: Oh you poor thing. Those 15 minutes must have felt like an hour!

Forme01: Awesome!!! That is even better than losing a pound! Good going!!

coufs: Muddy, slushy, back country walk??? You go girl!!

Susan: I wish I was at 50LBS down. 5 more to go.. almost there!

delafax!! I am sorry about mom.. Way to go on getting into the groove! I try to have something every three hours because I read somewhere that it keeps your metabolism going. Is that why you do it? I count calories for my program.

Have a great night!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #73  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Beemer, I started running around age 40. I always hated it before but for some reason it clicked this time. I used to run a lot, but I have had some injuries and have since gotten addicted to spinning. I do a few 5Ks every year, for causes that I support. I even won my age group in a small race last September. I stupidly agreed to go out with some friends on Sun. morning - I wonder how cold it's going to be? ack!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #74  

Well gals ... I'm a little anxious.
Many times in the past I've gotten off to a blazing start and then gone off track. For the past several weeks (maybe months), I've done well from start to about day 4 or 5. Often Monday to Friday
This time it's since Saturday when we got home from vacation. Six pounds! which I know is water and that vacation fluff. But it was super encouraging
Now today ... I didn't have even a tenth of a pound loss.
We have a charity dinner tomorrow evening.
I go back to work on Saturday.
I see the cycle starting again.

Stand firm, right? I should visualize myself being good rather than dreading the re-re-cycle.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #75  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Thanks for all the cheers, girls. It certainly did feel great. All day long I felt like I had more bounce in my step.
Happy Training Beemer. I did 5Ks back in the day. Racewalking, mostly. You brought back some nice memories. Thanks.
Susan, You can see a cycle starting, but you can also break it. Each positive choice is a victory, despite what the scale says. If need be, stay off of it for a while. You CAN do this. Giving up shouldn't even be an option. We're here. Vent, share, whatever. Just focus on the positive.
Let us know how you're doing.
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote