Old 01-10-2009, 10:35 AM   #16  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning!
I was hesitant to get on the scale this AM. We had pizza for dinner. I know one meal can't ruin a whole weeks worth of work but you know what I mean. Anyway I weighed 200 even. Not in the Ones but still lost a pound. Next week I will be there for sure. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I know it helps me to have support from some who really know what it's like! THanks!

Have a great weekend. I am taking my daughter and a friend to the movies and then I have got to take down my Christmas stuff!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 253.6/246.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hi all,

This is an impressive group! I'm new to the forum, and having a great time making my way through all these threads. I'm 47, and I've had a weight problem for most of my life. I've resolved to make 2009 the year I finally get up off my butt and deal with it.

This looks like a very supportive place to be. I'll be coming back often.

Thanks for sharing your experiences....it's a big help.
Okpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #18  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Hi I`m Terry. 43, mom of 3 (23, 19, and 8), married forever.
I work fulltime in an office, 1/2 the day as a book keeper, 1/2 the day as a day trader.
I started losing weight the end of July- i was 245 lbs.
I weighed in this morning at 201.
Working toward 175 by June 1st, and 150 by the end of the year.
I go to the gym 3-5 times a week in the morning, exercise nightly by either walking/running outside, biking, wii, or an exercise video at home.
I was tracking calories at Sparkpeople, and I`m going back to that again. I do it awhile, lay off, then do it again. It helps me get a handle on my portions and a good balance in meals. I try for 1200-1500 cals a day.
We made a big change in our lifestyle in the last couple months, and I`m looking forward to more results.

Last edited by elfinsnow; 01-10-2009 at 11:11 AM.
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #19  
Learning to fly

So how is everybody this weekend??
I`m waiting on a snow storm. Need to get alot done around the house today.
Plus I need a good cardio work out today, so I will probably hit the gym this afternoon for an hour. And hey- I may get to shovel snow! (Oh joy!)
lol
Anything exciting going on with anyone?
Terry
Old 01-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #20  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Hi elf!
You are doing great! Keep it up!
I'll be putting away Christmas stuff today...finally. It will be good to have my house back to normal!
Have a great weekend!
C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Hattie....I will keep posting until I am "qualified" for the ticker...it's a great way to put a visual into the weight loss journey.

Well, am on my way out for a nice walk in the crisp cold air...just minus 19 celsius today!

cheers,
Sandra
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Onmyway: Good going! Wow! One more and you are where I can't wait to be!!!

Elf: You are rockin it! Great job! You too are almost there!

Okpik: The more I get to read other people's posts the better I do. Stay with us and we will succeed together!!!

I just finished doing what I call "the beast". I got an elliptical from Santa. Wow! It is hard. Right now I am recovering from 30 min. of sweaty, hard work. Why do I love it?? My hubby got me the Jillian Michaels' iFit card that goes in the beast. She talks to you the whole way through. It just started snowing here, but hubby does the shoveling. hehe

Gigglez: When is your bday? I want to make sure I wish you a great one on your special day!

Since we are close in age, we can have some fun...
Question: What is your favorite TV show from when you were little?

Mine: I loved "Lost in Space" My brothers and sisters and I used to play act characters from that show. Do you remember that monkey thing that Penny had? Since I was the youngest, I had to be that character. LOL

Have a great day! Any other ideas...just post!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #23  
Learning to fly

Question: What is your favorite TV show from when you were little?

Hmm. I`d say it was The Brady Bunch or The Waltons.
I come from a big family- so I could relate.
Terry
Old 01-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #24  

Default Back again another year

Dh and I have two businesses which so far are surviving the economic bust. I work more than full time and commute 2 hours a day. We have three kids (23, 12 and 10), two cats and a old lady dog.

I love cooking and baking, read a lot, spend far too much time online, and enjoy RVing. I love to sew, but have not loved sewing for my plus sized self. I need to get moving this year.

As far as fav shows as a child go, I do not just have one:

Gilligan's Island
I Dream of Jeanie
My Three Sons
Bewitched
Green Acres
Beach Combers
The Irish Rovers

I have not been a yo yo dieter, I have been steadily putting on weight for the past 14 years. I am a stress eater and have 3 periods of extreme stress since 14 years ago.

I suffer from IBS and when it flares up I overeat. I am meeting with a dietitian next week to set up an eating plan to avoid the foods that upset my belly.

I am lucky in that I do not crave carbs, I do not have a sweet tooth and I have never been a pop drinker so I donto have those hurdles to overcome.

I am the only overweight person in my family, so I cannot blame genetics.

I do not get any exercise to speak of. I need to get moving. I have a shoulder injury, which limits what types of exercise I can do until it heals. I will get walking this week though.
gagnongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #25  

I just turned the big 4-0 in November and am a stay at home mom of two kids, a boy 12 and a girl 11. I have been married for 19 years. Where does the time go, LOL?!? I never had a weight issue growing up and was actually quite a skinny kid. I gained too much weight with my pregnancies. I lost it all when my daughter was 2 but then life got in the way and I went back up. I have been messing around for a few years gaining and losing here and there. I decided this time was going to be different and I would not be on a "diet".

My big decision came when I turned 40 and realized I needed to eat like a 40 year old. Plus I have quite a few pets and was feeding them way better than I was feeding myself. I am basically just eating lots of healthy food including fruits, veggies and lean meats. I have found several things lately that I didn't even think I would like such as fresh mango, pomegranate and things made with olive oil. I am having tons of fun trying new foods! I also exercise pretty much daily with my bike and walking. I have worked up to jogging some and plan to do a 5K in the spring. I am glad to have found this group. It is inspiring to read other people's stories. My favorite show as a kid was Little House on the Prarie.
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #26  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi fellow 40ers. Dang, I have to admit, it's hard for me to accept the fact that I'm 40. I turned the corner this past september. 40 was really hard for me, but I've had a couple of rough years, including loosing my mom and dad seven weeks apart in the winter of '07. Somehow being an orphan officially was really tough for me. I've gained most of my weight in the past 18 months. I'm doing BistroMD to get it back off.

So, I'm 40, live in Columbia MO, I'm married to one of my high school teachers (gasp, the scandal!) and we have two boys who are 10.5 and 13 and he has 4 grand-girls that I get to spoil and get my pink fix with : ) I've always had an issue with my weight, I was always the "fat sister" (family of 9 kids) but lost it doing Adkins after my first pregnancy and kept it off for my second pregnancy and for years until '07. when several years ganged up on me at once : )

But I'm ready to get this weight off again and keep it off.
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #27  

Height: 5'11"

Hi everyone,

I posted in the introductions thread but I don't think I've posted in here yet. I'm 47 and mom to two college-aged sons. My older boy is away at college and the younger lives here with me. I've been divorced for over a decade now--gosh, can't believe it's been that long!

Years go by and nothing much changes. Same house, same job, same cats, even the same size jeans. A few years ago I saw a girl I knew at a club and she looked GREAT; she'd lost a lot of weight. She emailed me her "plan" and it was some whacky thing where you had to eat eggs all day long. Well, I wasn't going to do THAT but she did kind of kick-start me into action and I lost 30 pounds over 4 months and looked pretty good. I caught the attention of a guy, we dated for awhile, I got freaked out by relationshippy stuff, and I just kind of quit watching the weight. Lost the guy (good riddance) and gained it all back and more.

So I'm guessing there may be some emotional issues wrapped up with my weight problem. (Thank you, Captain Obvious! LOL). Anyway, I'm back to being committed to changing to healthy eating and exercise. The exercise part has been complicated by a recent diagnosis of asthma, but I'm dealing with that medically so hopefully will be feeling more energetic soon.

Right now I'm shopping for an elliptical trainer. There is such a wide range of styles/prices that I'm boggled! Once I decide which one to buy, I'm planning to put it in my dining room!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 140/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,

I would also like to join you. I discovered this great site today as I was looking for diet recipes. I'm 48 and have struggled with my weight since high school. Before finishing college I was finally able to get control of my weight and maintain it with constant vigil. However, two years ago I had to have a hysterectomy and slowly my weight has started to creep up. I have gained about 15 pounds and am scared to death that I will keep gaining more weight. The older I get, the more difficult it is to lose weight and keep it off. I was hoping with the support of others around the same age, I could lose the weight I've gained.

Shauna
Shauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Evening everyone!

Hattie my bday is the 14th. Wish that I had that day off from work but oh well that's life. On the tv show..my three sons. i dream of jeanie, and there was the cartoon jeanie and babaoo I think that was the name of it.

gagnongirl sorry to hear about the ibs. Must be awful havin to deal with it..Thought that I might have that but I think that my tummy is just messed up.

windchime wish that i could get an elliptical. Love getting on that at the plex.

shauna, sorry bout the weight gain since the hyst. I lost easily the first year after mine, then things happened it came back and now i am trying to loosing what i found. I think that if i would take hrt like i should it would be easier.

Hope that everyone is havin a great weekend so far.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #30  
Learning to fly

Good morning everyone!
It`s Sunday! I slept in until 8 am- wow that felt good. I slept like a rock!
Last night I spoiled myself with a facial, a long soak, exfolliated all over, and slathered on some good lotion. I feel so soft today!

What`s on everyone`s agenda?
I need to come up with this week`s menu today, I need 60 min cardio, and finish cleaning. We have cub scouts today, and thanks to last night`s storm we will probably take them sled riding.

What`s new with everyone else?