Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #151  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats on the compliment Forme01, I'm sure it will be the first of many! I'm home today again because of snow. 2 snow days in a row! Yesterday I stayed in my jammies most of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day, think positive weight loss thoughts!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

WTG Forme01 on the compliment. As for dh they never say anything. I guess they are afraid that they will be wrong.

Hello everyone. Sorta out of it. Was too busy at work on Monday(had more sales on that day than the day before Thanksgiving) closed that night and then had to go in early on Tues in the ice which wasn't worth it but went anyway. Then when I got home last night weather too bad to go and work out so I tried to fix a kerosene heater. Notice that I said tried. Needless to say I am getting another one tomorrow. Never know when we will loose power. So many ppl here have no power and have been told it would be close to a week before they get it back on. Went in at 5 am this morning and now going to take a nap so I can go back in at 4. So no workouts but the food had been good. Lack of sleep tends to help add weight and I hate that. As for the toy I loved jacks. Still do. Just wanted to check in before I pass out for a nap before I go back in.
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

gigglez: I actually thought of jacks yesterday! I loved them too! I was pretty good and could beat my older brothers and sisters...(Unless they let me win..LOL)

forme01: congrats on the compliment! I am not sure if I want to keep telling people how much I have lost. It is weird. When I tell them 49 lbs. they are shocked! They say,"Wow! 49 lbs! that's a lot!" They probably think to themselves that they couldn't lose 49 lbs or they would waste away. So what do I do when I get to 100? HMMM...I am probably fooling myself. Like they couldn't see I was that heavy! I think I will keep going on telling people because I am proud of it and who cares what they are thinking! Sound right to you?

Onmyway: Snow Day here too! I went into work anyway. The school was closed but I have lots to do. Besides, I am a tech and have to take a vacation day or sick day if I want to get paid. So it was nice and quiet and I got a lot done without interruptions! You are so right with that jump rope song!! As soon as I read it, I remembered that the two went together! Thanks for helping my old memory out!

Why does weight loss have to slow down to a crawl if you are doing everything you need to be doing???? If I am not eating more than I am putting out, why is it not going? If it was the other way around you know I would be gaining quickly. FRUSTRATING! I would be happy with a 1 lb loss to get me to my 50 mark. That is not too much to ask! Ok...I will calm down now. I am soooo anxious to get there. It is worse than waiting for water to boil!

Have a great night everyone! Here is a (A 1 lb loss for everyone tomorrow! Enjoy!)
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #154  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Thanks for the cheers gang! It did feel good for someone to notice! A couple of REALLY old friends have surfaced recently, and while I'm sorry they have to see me at this weight (I'm sorry to see me at this weight...) I'm hoping to keep touch long enough so that they can see progress!
Snow doesn't tempt me, but I'd take a jammie day! I LOVED jacks...
gigglez...I think you're on to something about the dh...He's the poster child for somethings are better left unsaid. Can't imagine the snow mess/inconveniences...but hurricane's treat us the same way here.
Hattie, I'm with you. Celebrate your successes! When I can say that I've lost 50 or 60 or 70 (my ultimate goal) I'll be proud to say it! There's a link somewhere about the science of weight loss. The consensus is the same though. STICK WITH IT...wherever you are, there you are. It's sure better than where you'd be if you didn't stick with it! Celebrate your successes thus far...reward yourself for staying OP...Stop watching the pot, and before you know it, it's boiling!
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #155  

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well and staying warm. We are having nice temperatures here this week so no snow day (that's good I am not a fan my motto is if you want to see the snow you can drive to the mountains) Although I do love to stay in my jammies!! Congrats on the compliment it is very nice to hear those durning our weight loss journey. I seem to be the type that no one notices on til about 20lbs are gone. I finally found my Wii fit this morning so I hope to set it up and try it out tomorrow before work.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:32 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Smile

Hi everyone

I am celebrating today! I have reached my 50 lb lost mark!!!

It feels soooo good! I have a lot more to go but I am very proud of myself that I made this milestone!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #157  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

WAY TO GO HATTIE! That certainly deserves celebrating! Keep up the good work!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #158  

WTG Hattie!!!! You are doing such an awesome job. I am so wishing that it was me that was at that 50 lb. loss.

Our local radio station does a yearly contest similar to the Biggest Looser. They call it The Battle of The Buldge. The teams consist of 4 ppl. I have been trying to get 4 ppl to do this but I haven't had too much luck yet. It sucks too as this would be extra motivation for me. I had one of the host of the morning show put my name in just in case someone needs a 4th. I am hopeful that I will be able to get into a team. Wish me luck! Were any of you affected by the ice storm that moved thru earlier this week? The area that I live in was lucky and the worse was that it was bad Tues to go in to work and school was out for a few days, but where my bf lives(about a 40 min drive) there are so many ppl that have been told it would be weeks before they have electric restored. I can help but feel so bad for these ppl. Anyway have went on too long. It is almost the weekend so here is a little help for all of us! If any of you are like me you need the extra help right now. Hope that everyone's Friday goes great!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

WTG Hattie- congrats on reaching that magical 50 lb mark!!!
CanadaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #160  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'4"

Default Whew.. stopped the gain.. and for the week down 2lbs

only 8 more to go to get back where I belong... I think there's a song in there somewhere...

Must stick to it... why on earth are the holidays so hard???...

Wardhog - you look FABULOUS!!!

Welcome new chicks

now back to reading your posts for inspiration!
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #161  

Way to go on the 50lbs you must feel incredible. That is such an awesome achievment.

Last edited by Bigmid; 01-30-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Bigmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #162  

That is awesome Hattie!! You are halfway to goal now too! Keep up the good work!!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #163  

Have any of you ever notice that when you have your heart sent on doing something life gets in the way? Can't wait til Spring, that way wont have to worry about the road conditions when I want to get out at night.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:37 PM   #164  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

CONGRATULATIONS HATTIE! ! !
We're celebrating with you! You serve as an awesome inspiration that it can be done!
Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:58 PM   #165  

The scale went down another one today. Yeah for me!!!!! I am hoping that it goes down more next week. Here's to a good day to all.