40 Something Bios

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • First name: Lou

Geographical location: Australia

Marital Status: happily married

Children/Ages: 2, ages 25 & 23

Pets: 1 dog, 1 cat & 1 lizard

Hobbies/Interests: I have not had time for hobbies for so long, I'm looking forward to getting back to them. drawing, gardening, reading, studying, sewing

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, and blonde / brown hair with greying ( when I'm late with getting the colour done!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: the last time ever: 12/09/09

Starting Weight: 209 lbs / 95 kgs

Goal Weight: 60 kgs / 132 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My health problems have limited my ability to exercise, I am recovering from a long period of illness and that has created financial pressures. I overeat when I'm stressed.

Following any specific plan: generally low carb but mainly working at making sustainable changes to my eating that I can live with.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

I am at the highest weight I've ever been. This time it's about my health and ability to age well as I am really aware that if I don't lose the weight I am facing an old age of sickness and limitation.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

I am really glad to be here. I am hoping to meet supportive people here as I have no close relatives and my two best friends have both moved away to other states, so loneliness is a problem that I need to overcome.
  • First name: Kim

Geographical location: Miami, Florida

Marital Status: happily married

Children/Ages: 3 girls - ages 17, 13, 6

Pets: dog

Hobbies/Interests: traveling with my family, fishing in the florida keys, cooking, scrapbook

Height: 5-5"

Eye/Hair Color: green eyes / dark brown/blond (depending on my mood with I color it to hide the grey)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: which time?? recently 9/1/09

Starting Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: stop eating crap because we are so busy.....make time to exercise regularly

Following any specific plan: South Beach Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I noticed that it is harder for me to lose and easier to gain....maybe its my age but I need to get serious about it this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • First name: Kan

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: M

Children/Ages: SS-26, S-21, DIL-20, SD-20, D-18

Pets: 2 dogs, 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: learning to belly dance and play the native american flute, new to running (aka waddle), hiking, and camping. I also enjoy reading, writing, artsy-fartsy stuff, couponing, and so much more.

Height:4'10"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: most recently- today!, historically - in my teens

Starting Weight:177

Goal Weight:118

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Patience with the process. I'd prefer to wake up weighing 118 tomorrow morning!

Following any specific plan: Tomorrow I will be starting back on Weight Watchers at home.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a supportive spouse, daughter, this forum, and room to get outside and exercise now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Thanks for being here! I appreciate each of you!!
  • Gonna be 40 in 24 days!
    First name: Anne

Geographical location: Northeast

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: One 20 year old girl

Pets: Dogs, cats, chickens

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, drawing + painting, walking, cooking...

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Somewhere in the early 90's

Starting Weight: 240

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating, Keeping motivated in exercise

Following any specific plan: Portion control

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Gonna be 40 soon! Wont get any easier!

• Newbie looking for support and to support others
    First name: Christine

Geographical location: Seattle, WA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: daughter 28, daughter 17, son 16

Pets: two cats, one ginnea pig

Hobbies/Interests: reading, billiards (pool), bowling, lively discussions about current events

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes and dark brown hair (with the help of my hair stylist

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/18/09

Starting Weight: 184

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying consistent

Following any specific plan: 30-35 minutes of yoga, strength training and cardio a day and portion control

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: excercising

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am new to weight loss (have only tried once) so any advice is welcomed.
  • First name: Joan

Geographical location: Pennyslvania

Marital Status: Divorced(but back in a realtionship with my ex)

Children/Ages:2 sons, 14 & 10

Pets:Ragdoll Cat:Jaspurr/Dog:Long haired Chihuahua:Bella

Hobbies/Interests:reading/scrapbooking/movies/hanging out with friends

Height:5'1"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/dark brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:7/25/09

Starting Weight:194.8

Goal Weight:135 for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: to not look at all the weight I need to lose, but rather take it 5 lbs at a time

Following any specific plan: I'm on Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's not a diet to me this time...it's a Lifestyle!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love reading everyone's stories...it has been my biggest motivation!
  • First name: april

Geographical location: vegas

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: Boy, 8

Pets: 1 dog, Annie ( who is a pain but i love her!)

Hobbies/Interests: Business, graphics, cosmetics/professional beauty industry, education

Height: 5'10

Eye/Hair Color: hazel/brown/

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: oh when I was 15. my biggest loss was from 267 to 147. Now I am popped back up to 189. Booo!

Starting Weight: 191

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Support at home, depressed and feeling down and a bit lost.

Following any specific plan: Medifast/WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I am more in the public eye in my profession and I want to look my best in an industry where looks are everything and Its really rough

[/QUOTE]
    I need all the support I can get and I would love to be able to help others too!
  • First name: Sandra

Geographical location: Galway, Ireland

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: 13 & 11

Pets:Three dogs and two cats

Hobbies/Interests:Photography, camogie, reading, walking, whales & dolphins

Height:5/5

Eye/Hair Color:Blue eyes, fair hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:7th October 2009

Starting Weight:198.5 lbs

Goal Weight:Not sure yet, will have to discuss with class leader but 179 will do for starters.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Myself

Following any specific plan:Weightwatchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Joining 3FC!

I'm looking forward to getting involved with this site. I don't tell anyone when I'm trying to lose weight as, whenever I see them, it becomes the sole topic of conversation. If they're not hassling me with "are you allowed to eat that?" they're driving me bats with "how many points/calories is in this?". 3FC is a God-send because when you've alot of weight to shift you do need non-judgemental support. I get that at WW but that's only once a week. 3FC will help me through the seven days in between.
  • First name: Maria

Geographical location: California

Children/Ages: three kids ages 5, 7 and 10

Pets: no

Hobbies/Interests: blogging, writing, music, travel, reading

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: Oct 2009 (again)

Starting Weight: 233

Present Weight: 231

Goal Weight: 120

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: binge eating, not following through, emotional eating

Following any specific plan: portion control, following very loosely Abs diet guidelines

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: ?

Anything else you would like to share with us: If you'd like to know more about me, check my blog
  • My bio...
    First name: Tracy

Geographical location: Western Canada

Marital Status: Married, 20 years

Children/Ages: DS,18, DD,15, DD,4

Pets: 5 month old puppy, Lola, 1 fish

Hobbies/Interests: reading, my children

Height: 5'-5"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Oct.13/09

Starting Weight: 234 lbs.

Goal Weight: 165 lbs.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: motivation, overcoming fatigue, desire for sweets

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: same as always - just sick of feeling sick, heavy and unable to enjoy activities

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'd really like to get "it" and be done with thinking about my weight, day in and day out and start LIVING!
  • My bio...
    First name: Aurora

Geographical location: SE United States

Marital Status: M

Children/Ages: DS 5

Pets: no

Hobbies/Interests: changes daily

Height: 5'6"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/26/2009

Starting Weight: 249

Goal Weight: 149

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: getting out of my own way.

Following any specific plan: ADA/calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Get Busy Living, or Gey Busy Dying....

Anything else you would like to share with us: Promised myself I would get to my goal weight by 40th birthday, well that didn't happen. Spent spring 08 - fall 08 getting from 250 down to 205. Five pounds from Onederland, then from last fall til now, just completely gave up on that, and focused on other areas of life. Crept (rocketed) back up to 249, and here I am today. thoroughly annoyed and disappointed in myself. Want my "old body" back, the one I had in my 20's, when I actually enjoyed shopping for clothes. Goal to get to goal weight before I turn 41. Gives me 7 months. 100 pounds in 7 months? A bit higher than prescribed safe amount of 10 lbs/month. But others do it, right? Anyway, that is me in a nutshell.
  • First name: Alisa

Geographical location: D.C.

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: New baby!

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, listening to music

Height: 5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Bl/Br

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY! 11/1/09

Starting Weight: 205

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Sustained focus.

Following any specific plan: Meal replacement plan through local university clinic

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realize now that despite all the diets I've been on, I haven't learned what I need to know to make this work. I am paying attention now.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Good luck everyone!
  • My attempt at copying and pasting didn't go so well so I'll just type it in as best I can

First name: Mary

Geographical Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast. I'm originally from the Northeast and have lived here about 3 years (post Katrina)

Marital Status: single

Children: None

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: my dogs, video games (this is a new one for me), cooking, reading, yoga

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Dirty Blonde

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: This time.......9/15/2009

Starting Weight: 244

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Believing I could actually do it and mastering meal planning.

Following any specific plan: Sonoma/Mediterranean

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have successfully lost large amounts of weight in the past only to regain it. I understand the mechanics of how to do this very well. There are some psychological things I haven't paid attention to and I'm working on those. I've also hired a private weight loss coach at least for a couple months to help me iron out some of my issues.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Despite what I do for a living, I come from very humble beginnings and have never forgotten where I came from.
  • Hi, I'm Gin.
    First name: Gin

Geographical location: New Jersey

Height: 5'3"

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/11/
    Starting Weight: 205

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: overeating

Following any specific plan: reduced portions

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm hoping it will truly sink in that it's about health, not weight loss.
  • First name: Jen

Geographical Location: Upper Midwest, Southeast Wisconsin

Marital Status: married for 21 years to my gorgeous/supportive husband Andy

Children: A beautiful 15 year-old son in heaven

Pets: Princess Bluebelle, 10 year-old floppy-eared Doberman

Hobbies/Interests: dropping this flab I carry, old-fashioned soap making, baking treats for my pet, counted cross-stitch

Height: 5' 8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/light brown

Starting Date of Weight Loss Journey: 11/14/2009

Starting Weight: 175.5

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Myself/old bad habits/guilt over leaving food go to waste...the clean your plate syndrome.

Following any specific plan: portion control/less sweets/more water

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Actual intent to lose the weight and keep it off. I always said I would try and never did.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not really.