Children/Ages: daughter 20 / son 17

Pets: A parrot and a cat

Hobbies/Interests: right now it all about me lol

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes - hair depends on the mood

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 11

Starting Weight: 217

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: not eating cause I am bored, depressed, angry, happy blah blah blah

Following any specific plan: nope, just whole food, no sugar, lots of fibre

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: this just "feels" like the time :0) Had a bout with depression last summer (not the first one but the worst one) and now that I am on the mental mend, I need to catch my body up, cause they both need each other to be healthy :0)

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just that I am looking forward to this journey (unlike every other try) and believe I can do it this time !!!!
  • First name: Alley

Geographical location: Pacific Northwest

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: two boys -ages 9 and 5

Pets: two little dogs

Hobbies/Interests: computer research

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown /Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 16, 2009

Starting Weight: 224

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: late night nibbling / exercise

Following any specific plan: no / but, I want to count calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: not sure yet ... I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope with the support and new virtual friendship I will find the motivation within me to keep on going
  • First name: Carol

Geographical location: SouthEast

Marital Status: D and D again! haha

Children/Ages: 25,21,11 (my late in life child)

Pets: cats galore

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, trips to the mountains, working in the yard

Height:5'5"

Eye/Hair Color:Green/Red (Christmasy!)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 7 2009

Starting Weight: lets see what it is when I get back from vacation

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:my love of the odd bottle of wine!

Following any specific plan:Ultimate Fat Smash

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the pasto I really want to be fat and 50!?!?!?!?!?

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm leaving in the morning for my vacation up in the mountains, going to start back on Fat Smash as close as I can when I get back. I've done it before and it worked but I never could do the 3 weeks without cheating some. THAT's my goal this time. 3 weeks - no cheating and lets see how it works!
  • Hello! I'm new!
    First name:

Geographical location: USA

Marital Status: HAPPILY married for the 2nd and FINAL time

Children/Ages: 12 and 5

Pets: none right now; family dog just died

Hobbies/Interests: reading; writing

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1978?????

Starting Weight: 176

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: self-medicating

Following any specific plan: calorie counting/vast experience with WW and ADA

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am at my highest weight ever and I can't stand my body!

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    [/QUOTE] Weight loss is what I desire most right now, but it's not my only hurdle to overcome in this journey.
  • Hi people! I am new to 3FC, but after having read many posts I really like the friendly atmosphere of this place. So, it is time to speak up.

First name: Karyn

Geographical location: currently in upper midwest US

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: Boy who turns 8 in August, Girl who is 6

Occupation: Domestic Engineer, Homeschool teacher (previously teacher and software trainer)

Pets: 2 - Bubba the farting dog and Spanky the hairball cat

Hobbies/Interests: graphic design, website design

Height: 5' 7"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/green eyes, honey blonde hair with (gasp!!) a few grey hairs in the front that I try desperately to keep from view.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time - July 1

Starting Weight: 350
    Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercising & portion control

Following any specific plan: Sure - getting off my @$$ and exercising. I have tried many diets & have accumulated a lot of knowledge. For years my calorie intake hasn't been that out of whack - it's the butt hugging of the chair that appears to be my biggest downfall - and portion control on high fat/carbo foods (which I love!!!!!).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Before I mainly focused on calories and not so much on exercise (since I was a kid I have hated to sweat and get really hot - always thought it was gross and I get really red in the face even if I don't feel that hot). This time I am committing to exercise and focusing on my portion size. I need a plan that I know I can stick to for life, so no food will be off limits - I just need to learn how much I can eat of that food and still lose weight. I'll of course look at calories for awhile so I can adjust portion sizes.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have this user name because my upper arms look like an old lady who just sits playing bingo all day. You know, the flapping wings? Not at all attractive - which means the wings will probably be the last to get themselves in line.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Default 40 Something Bios
    Being 40-something is spectacular! If you get a chance, introduce yourself to current and new members by filing out the bio below. Copy the below to a new reply and fill in as desired

(copied from 100 club, thanks!)

First name: Debbie

Geographical location: Gulf Coast (Mobile, AL)

Marital Status: engaged

Children/Ages: 0

Pets: 3 cats, 1 dog ( all rescues)

Hobbies/Interests: photography, facebook, beach

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel (green/blue); blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: all my life? But WLS was April 30, 2008.

Starting Weight: 242

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating

Following any specific plan: WW sometimes

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: people connection and not going to try and do it alone anymore

Thanks!
  • New Lady on the Block
    First name: Mary Kay

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages: 19 and 15

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: family and lossing weight

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes, Red Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today (seriously)

Starting Weight: 240.5

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise I hate it and it is too hot!

Following any specific plan: Trying to find one I can stick with.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am having Lap Band in a few months and I have to show I am serious and lose some weight before my surgery

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need a lot of support so I can prove to m husband I am serious.
  • Hi! I'm Elaine
    First name: Elaine

Geographical location: Ohio

Children/Ages: 2 boys 24 and 25

Pets: Dog Border Collie names Tippie

Hobbies/Interests: Quilting; sewing; crocheting; reading

Height: 5 ft 3 in

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes Blue; Hair Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Since I was old enough to get on the scale

Starting Weight: This time 221

Goal Weight: 133

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not turning to food when the going gets tough

Following any specific plan: Not really, eating 3 meals a day with healthy choices; staying away from processed foods. Going for a more "organic" diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not sure except I do want to hit my goal before I turn 50.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I find losing the weight it easy...relatively speaking...it is keeping the weight off that is hard!
  • First name: Marie (hard to guess given my screen name... )

Geographical location:
    Southern Oregon, High Mountain Desert

Children/Ages: 1 Daughter (24), 1 Son (23), and 1 ADORABLE grandson (3)

Occupation: Database Manager and Webmaster for our school district.

Pets: My beloved huskies: Blizzard Bear (8), Kodiak Bear (7), and Kai Pixie Bear (1). My angel doggies who I will see again someday: Teddybear (husky) and Goldilocks, Sister or Bear (Golden Retriever)

Hobbies/Interests: Huskies, they are such a humongous part of my life and they keep me active as I walk them at least 1.5 miles daily regardless of the weather. Skiing (downhill), swimming, rollerblading, showshoeing, exercising. Crafts - stained glass, sewing (quilting mostly), drawing. Computers... Audiobooks so I can "read" and do things at once.

Height: 5' 6.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue (or green depending on my clothes) and blonde (with strands of grey making their way into my tresses)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The day I was born, unfortunately. But this last journey began April 25, 2006 with a 20 pound weight gain one year ago.

Starting Weight: 212

Goal Weight:

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
    I like to eat.

Following any specific plan: 1400 cals per day. I log every bite in LoseIt!, an iPhone app. It's a great program.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It dawned on my last August (after the 20 pound regain) that I have to log the rest of my life. I recruited my DH to monitor my logging (if he sees I'm not logging to ask to see it). I will log the rest of m life because I don't overeat when I do.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
    I love 3FC. My thread buddies are the BEST lifeline, support group in the world. Thank you to all of you!
    Marie
  • Howdy!
    First name: Amy

Geographical location: Fort Walton Beach, FL

Marital Status: Co-Habitating

Children/Ages: 19, 17

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Walking, Reading, Writing

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY!

Starting Weight: 220

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Boyfriend's snacking habits and my lack of willpower

Following any specific plan: Vegetarian

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I became a vegetarian 2 years ago and since then have gained over 40 more pounds. It seems that I like to substitute sweets for meats. Not good!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need a hug.
  • name: Penguin

Geographical location: Memphis, TN

Marital Status: Married 12 years

Children: Does my Hubby count?

Occupation: wife, and I help teach a class at a local Bible study

Pets:April- 7?yr old Lab/Shepherd mix from Humane Soc ~ see avatar!

Hobbies/Interests: Quilting {username!}, cooking, baking, gardening, reading, Bible study, knitting, exercise, and collect penguins.

Height: 5"7

Eye/Hair Color: emerald green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: mid June

Starting Weight: 221

Goal Weight: 170ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: CHOCOLATE!!!

Following any specific plan: portion control, counting calories, weighing food {when I remember...working on that part!} Using Fitday. Exercise is good but if I'm eating 4000 calories a day and only buring 3000 I'm going to gain weight! Eat only when I'm hungry, not bored, upset, mad, or whatever!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Effort on my part??? I usually think/say I need to lose weight but don't really do anything about it.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I lost 72lbs a few years ago, gained about half of it back mostly because I didn't understand 'maintainance", and thought I would be miserable if I DENIED myself anything {like chocolate} but I'm finding I'm not miserable, I don't feel denied, and I can do this.
  • I'm new today
    First name: Sherrie

Geographical location: Virginia Beach

Marital Status: Long complicated divorce - hopefully ending this year!

Children/Ages: No children

Pets: Cat - Miss Kitty

Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Harley Davidson's, cooking/baking, wine, travelling

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Monday, July 13, 2009

Starting Weight: 162

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Exercise when away on bike.

Following any specific plan: Controlling appetite, Kickboxing and P90X

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Do it by myself!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Would like to meet my goal by my 41st birthday this year - November 8!
  • My Introduction
    First name: Anne

Geographical location: New Jersey

Children/Ages: 20 yr old son and a 4 mth old daughter

Hobbies/Interests: THE BEACH, my front porch, reading, beading, quilting, good food, friendships, crocheting, walking, biking, adventures

Height: 5' 10"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7/13/09

Starting Weight: 210 44% body fat

Goal Weight: 21% body fat (about 140lbs)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: believing that i can do this

Following any specific plan: limit "whites" -- sugar, alcohol and unrefined carbs; weight lifting and interval aerobics

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    This is the most important priority i have; want to be healthy for life and live to be 105 (seriously); have been surrounded by ill, aging people and am inspired what we can be with good health.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am inspired by all of your successes and support and am eager to join in with my success too! I am seeking VIBRANCY every day.
  • A Newbie
    First name: Paula

Geographical location: Delaware County, PA

Children/Ages: Daughter, 13

Pets: Cats, Birds, Fish

Hobbies/Interests: Watching TV - The Closer, Leverage, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice. Reading, gardening and lately a whole lot of walking!

Height: 5' 4"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue, Blond

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 29, 2009 (one of many starting dates!! - hopefully the last "starting" date!)

Starting Weight: 215

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Controlling the sweet and starch tooth, sticking to the exercise - "Just Do It!"

Following any specific plan: South Beach, portion control. Walking with Leslie (Sansone - DVD's) and weights.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not getting any younger and I've just reach the point where I'm tired of feeling so out of shape, bloated, unhealthy and taking so many medications.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really think I can do it this time and I this just the site to find the support and advice I may need! Thanks!
  • First name: Kerry

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Married for just about 15 years

Children/Ages: 1 boy (13) and 3 girls (11, 7, 4)

Hobbies/Interests: music, musicals, hockey, triathlons, relaxing with friends

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight: 207

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself getting in my way

Following any specific plan: Just trying to eat better and stick to my exercise program

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't know...maybe nothing. I am so tired of being fat & tired, but that's not new. I am tired of thinking that everyone who sees me is judging me and I really just want to be happy with myself.