Old 01-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #1  
My name is Michelle

S/C/G: 200/190/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Not because of the New Year - life change needed

Hello everyone!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I found this place. I've been searching for an online support group for weight loss for awhile now.

A little about myself - I just turned 40 this past October, I have two 'tween' children and I've been married to my DH for 20 years now. I am a former smoker and along with that, a former 'thinner' person.

I quit smoking (which I'm glad about, don't get me wrong) 3 years ago and since that time, I've been diagnosed with COPD, venous inefficiency, and I've gained a lot of weight.. around 50 lbs since I quit smoking. I suffer shortness of breath, chronic back and knee issues now that I never had before and most importantly... I hate the person I have become.

I feel a lot older than my chronological age and that really sucks rats patootie - I want to feel at least my age and ideally.. younger!

Anyway, one of my bad habits is rambling - and I apologize for that.

I hope to connect with some others that feel the way I do and have similar goals.
TheMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

The Mrs. - I read your other post first and didn't respond for you said you "wrote a small novella" or something similar here. Just gotta tell ya, YOU CRACK ME UP!

I am so happy you found this site...I stumbled across it in October when I started my life change...not sure exactly what I googled but this site came up - I read a couple of posts and signed on immediately.

You are going to find the most helpful people here.

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #3  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Hi again Mrs! We have even more in common : ) I turned 40 in September of 2008, have two "tweens: both boys, 10.5 and 13 and have been with DH for, lemme think, legally married 15 years, lived to gether for 3 years before that and dated for 6 years before that!
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

oh, and I have a tendancy to ramble, hehehe
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Mrs.

I just recently found this site as well and just love it. You will find it very inspiring.

I have been married 9 years and have 3 boys ages 18, 15, & 12. I should tell you that these are not my children. We were not able to have kids so we did foster care and soon will have guardianship of these 3 great boys. They are all brothers so that make it easier as well.

Welcome again!

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #6  
My name is Michelle

Thanks for the welcome!

chunckymonkey - Thanks for the encouragement! I don't know how funny I am but I know sometimes when I feel like crying, I find something, anything to laugh about - life is too short, you know?

mytmom! - Good to see you again! My tweens are 10 (girl going on 17 - yikes) and 12 (my son who informs me daily that "you're so out of it mom"). I honestly didn't know what a 'tween' was (because I'm so uncool) my 12 year old informed me - lol - I hope we can chat sometime.

OB2thin - Congrats on your upcoming guardianship. Our son is adopted and we were told years ago that we couldn't have children... heh. Then along 7 months down the road, I found out I was 3 months pregnant. Go figure. I'm very happy for you and your husband - you'll have to let me know how things progress!

Last edited by TheMrs; 01-02-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Because apparently, I can't spell in the mornings
Old 01-02-2009, 06:27 PM   #7  

TheMrs. - Michelle

That is neat that you adopted but was also able to have a child of your own. I won't be able to have kids at all because I had a historectomy and at 45 I don't want to be pregnant!!!

We'll keep you posted on our progress. We are just waiting for court date and hopefully that will be this month.

Kathy
Old 01-02-2009, 08:29 PM   #8  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Great to meet ya! Im Terry- 43- kids 8, 19, and 24. I also ramble on a bit.....

Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #9  
My name is Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2Bthin View Post
TheMrs. - Michelle

That is neat that you adopted but was also able to have a child of your own. I won't be able to have kids at all because I had a historectomy and at 45 I don't want to be pregnant!!!

We'll keep you posted on our progress. We are just waiting for court date and hopefully that will be this month.

Kathy
Oh believe me, I don't want to be pregnant at 40.. lol.. yikes! My son is 12 now and my daughter is almost 11, and they wear me thin as it is. My hat's off to you for having two teens and a tween in your house and you're still sane? You are my hero!

I'll keep you in my thoughts and please do post your progress.

Terry - Thanks for welcoming me. I'll have to make sure I ask all you ladies with older children for advice when I'm at a loss with mine.. which as they get older is a LOT of the time!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #10  

Michelle - Believe me I'm run ragged too. My 15 year old wrestles, 12 year old plays basketball and the 18 year old has a job. Since my 18 year old could not get his drivers license while in foster care we still have to drive him to work. Since he has turned 18 he has now signed himself out of care so we are working on getting his license. When he gets that we can send him to pick up his brothers and he can drive himself to work. The constant running is what drives me crazy.

I guess you could say it is the joy of being a Mom!!