I have been very bad

• Hi all I have not been on the boards at all this year, I gained my weight back and Have 50+ pounds to lose, This 2009 is my year, on Jan 24 I turn 49, so I have over a year to get in shape for the big 50. I am starting by going on a week cleanse the day after Christmas, I will not weigh in till New years day, this is going to be hard, but need to do it,

I have been not working in 3 years, due to my back, I need to work for my sanity and my financial heath, I am alone, so living on my savings.
  • Hm. I'm not a big fan of "cleanses" as anyone who has read the board for a while can tell you.

Why do you think you need to "cleanse" ... is this for a mental and emotional boost, or are you trying to jump start weight loss?

A much better plan than starving yourself for a week with a "cleanse" is to spend that week making a plan and eating healthy whole foods ... fruit and veg, lean proteins, whole grains and complex carbs.

• I am doing veggie juices to cleanse, if I feel the need to eat i will, but need to start fresh
  • I think if it is a cleanse you think you need to get you put on the right track, go for it and good luck!

I always find it a bit easier to do something like that with whatever obstacle in life I'm trying to get over. As long as you know what your plan is going to be after the cleanse, then maybe it might make the transition easier.

Good luck!
  • Quote: I think if it is a cleanse you think you need to get you put on the right track, go for it and good luck!

I always find it a bit easier to do something like that with whatever obstacle in life I'm trying to get over. As long as you know what your plan is going to be after the cleanse, then maybe it might make the transition easier.

Good luck!
    Thanks for your support
  • If any one starting on the 1st wants a buddy please PM me, as I am doing it this time
  • Welcome back!
  • Love the name CyberGypsy - Be Your Dream!

• Thanks guys, I am gearing up for this diet, or change as i call it

I think i weigh more then the slider but will get too work Thursday
  • Hi Cyber Gyspy....we are at similar crossroads. I turn 49 in March...and 50 next year (where did the time go!!)

For me 50 is such a big thing....and I am more determined than ever to be a fit, fabulous an nifty fifty. so, how to get there has been a challenge for me...I have fallen off the wagon so many times...yet I hate regimented diet plans...I never follow them.

I have started doing yoga and it has really put me in touch with me body....I know that doesn't make a lot of sense....but it brings more self awareness.

Will let you know how it goes. All the Best.

Sandra
  • Quote: Hi Cyber Gyspy....we are at similar crossroads. I turn 49 in March...and 50 next year (where did the time go!!)

For me 50 is such a big thing....and I am more determined than ever to be a fit, fabulous an nifty fifty. so, how to get there has been a challenge for me...I have fallen off the wagon so many times...yet I hate regimented diet plans...I never follow them.

I have started doing yoga and it has really put me in touch with me body....I know that doesn't make a lot of sense....but it brings more self awareness.

Will let you know how it goes. All the Best.

Sandra
    we are even more alike my name is also Sandra and my weight is about the same as yours, have not weighed in till the 1st
  • Well, hello fellow Sandra....

It does seem we have lots in common. I have done pretty well, but haven't weighed myself since before Christmas...I will wait until the end of the week, have done 3 workouts and have eaten more healthy.

I am kind of glad the holidays are over, and those temptations are gone...back to business.

Hope you are well,

Sandra