Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #1  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Default Treats?

All the butter/burger/menu talk made me hungry! What do ya`ll like for a treat? Right now I`m hooked on dark chocolate fudgesickles. 60 cals, fat free.
Love them!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

Height: 5'7"

Mmm, either mint Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, or a small Red Mango frozen yogurt with a tablespoon of dark chocolate chips and some raspberries.

Yum, now I'm hungry for dessert and it's not even dinner time...
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 PM   #3  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

smoothies...yum yum!
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

Someone posted on another thread a homemade ice cream sandwich using nonfat coolwhip in between 2 graham crackers. It's about 80 calories and quite yummy.
Newgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I would have to say Skinny Cow! MMMMMMMmmmmm. I would also say Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate. MMMmmmmm. I will allow myself two squares!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Not that I don't still love my sweets (although I'm having a harder time finding ones that aren't TOO sweet), but I'm starting to want to use treats for some carbier things I don't have as often, like a bowl of cereal or thick slice of fresh bread or rice pudding (with only a bit of sugar). Even just an extra large portion of fruit. Feels kinda good, but it's better carbs than just plain sugar, fiber too. My favorite sweet treat right now is a square of dark chocolate, two if I feel like it (usually I just want one). I do look forward to some good treats on Christmas

I just thought of another one. I like Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Snaps. Fairly strong flavor, nice crunch.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #7  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

I love slim fast pb crunch bars. 120 cals, and taste exacly like a Clark bar! They are my "OMG I`m having a rough day!" treats-lol.
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #8  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Recently it has been the little mandarin oranges with a handful of nuts - for a special treat, dark chocolate-covered pecans, just a few. OMG, yum.

I love reading what others are in to. I just looked up Red Mango frozen yogurt - sounds great! In the 80s when frozen yogurt first became popular, we used to drive a ways to a place that had the "tart" kind of yogurt, not the over-sweetened stuff that tastes like soft-serve ice cream...

Actually, on that note - I have recently been making my own frozen yogurt and it is insanely good, seems completely different than the same thing unfrozen. I found a crank freezer for $3 at a resale store. Plain nonfat yogurt with vanilla and Splenda (but I'm trying to cut back on the artificial sweeteners so I need to try it with xylitol or agave nectar) OR with fruit punch flavored Crystal Light (back to the artificial sweeteners). Just a little, so it's still nice and sour... I started doing that when I was on phase I of the South Beach Diet and missing fruit sorely... I should experiment with adding protein powders, different flavors, etc. Probably I will be more inspired when it's not so cold out!!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaD View Post
Actually, on that note - I have recently been making my own frozen yogurt and it is insanely good, seems completely different than the same thing unfrozen. I found a crank freezer for $3 at a resale store. Plain nonfat yogurt with vanilla and Splenda (but I'm trying to cut back on the artificial sweeteners so I need to try it with xylitol or agave nectar) OR with fruit punch flavored Crystal Light (back to the artificial sweeteners). Just a little, so it's still nice and sour... I started doing that when I was on phase I of the South Beach Diet and missing fruit sorely... I should experiment with adding protein powders, different flavors, etc. Probably I will be more inspired when it's not so cold out!!
I have to try this. Somewhere (I think!) I have this little hand ice cream maker in individual (or maybe a cup or two) size.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote