3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Daily Menus? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/157685-daily-menus.html)

dmc2009 12-03-2008 08:58 AM

Daily Menus?

Today I plan on having:

egg whites with low carb tortilla
BLT for lunch with No Fat Mayo and low calorie bread
Turkey soup
Dinner will be some grilled chicken and salad.

Whats in your fridge? What are you planning?? How many calories do you consume?

Thighs Be Gone 12-03-2008 09:01 AM

I took the pre-shredded bag of cole slaw last night and put in my fat-free miracle whip, a handful of raisins and then topped with a few almonds. I will probably eat more of that. I am having egg whites with ham and tomatoes this morning.

I wanted to ask you ladies if any of you have problems with red meat. I eat it very rarely nowadays--formerly, it was a staple in my diet 2-3 days a week if not more. Anyway, it seems to constipate me. Nothing else has changed in my diet the last two days--only that I am eating this chili I made with the red meat. Anyone find this to be true for them?

dmc2009 12-03-2008 10:22 PM

I love that recipe, I am gonna have to do a low cal version of it!!!

My menu sustained me today pretty good.

tomorrow:
egg whites again, it was so good
Chicken salad for lunch
and not sure of dinner yet!!!

Keep posting these menus, I get so bored with mine

PhotoChick 12-03-2008 10:57 PM

Today I had a little splurge (not over my calorie limit, though). I skipped breakfast because I had a "hot date". :)

Then we went to IHOP and I split a bacon omelette (900 cals!!!)
Clementine for snack.
Turkey meatballs and spinach salad for dinner
Frozen fruit pop for dessert

Tomorrow - back to normal:
Oats with cheese
Turkey sandwich on whole grain w/ spinach
Clementines
Stir fry w/ chicken

beth4365 12-04-2008 05:34 PM

Great idea to post menus! I'm starting to get a little bored with some of what I eat. Maybe I can find some new ideas here.

Nearly every day for breakfast I eat:
2 sliced of Brownberry Double Fiber Bread 180 cal, 12 gr fiber, 8 gr protein
marmalade 60 cal
Rose Canadian Bacon 4 slices, 50 cal, 8 gr protein
Total: 290 cal

Lunch today
Red peppers and carrots 60 cal
low fat string cheese 50 cal
ham sandwich on Sara Lee Whole wheat bread about 200 cal
jello sugar free pudding 50
Total: 360 cal

For some reason I have more trouble with finding dinners.

I love Trader Joes Chicken Sausages. I eat a lot of refried beans over tons of lettuce. Am loving spaghetti squash right now. Love veggie stirfrys, but have to learn how to do this better. I seem to choose combinations that don't go well together. Have been making a thin broth based soup with rice noodles, leeks, carrots and chicken that is perfect for winter.

Will keep watching this thread and hoping for some new ideas. I'm not very good at coming up with them on my own.

Photochick... may I ask how you put cheese in your oats? I don't like oats, but keep trying to find a way to eat them. I love cheese. It might make a difference for me to try cheese in them.

Thanks!

dmc2009 12-04-2008 11:10 PM

Boring day for me

Egg whites and salsa with low car tortilla for Bfst.
chicken salad for lunch with low fat dressing.
Dinner was just cold shrimp, 1/2 cup of brown rice and some Cauliflouer

I ate some FF SF cheesecake for dessert.

Tomorrow looking pretty boring but I will post at the end of the day.

Oh.. I saw a good one. A baked potatoe with chili and it was less than 200 calories. Talk about filling. That would be a good dinner with some green veggies.

I think I will have that tomorrow!!

Keep posting!

elfinsnow 12-07-2008 09:01 PM

Tonight we had seafood stuffed haddock and green beans for dinner. Great recipe- I found it on Sparkpeople. Lunch was a tossed salad with chicken and apple, breakfast was hot muesli.
:) Terry

elfinsnow 12-07-2008 09:07 PM

Here is my dinner menu for the week. It helps me alot to have menus ahead of time, or Im staring in the fridge at 6 pm and end up going out to eat.
Breakfast is always slimfast during the week. Lunch is either something from dinner, or a salad, or a sandwich on light bread-etc. 200-300 calories generally.

Monday
Tossed salad
Chicken Cacciatore (Crock pot)
Brown rice
Tuesday
Grilled Barbeque Pork w/Mop Sauce
Baked Sweet Taters
Peas
Applesauce
Wednesday Meatloaf
Baked potato w/sour cream
Spinach
Thursday Cheesy Chicken Hashbrowns (Baked)
Mixed Vegetables
Fruit
Friday-Tossed Salad
Shrimp Pasta Toss
Peas

keepnsane 12-07-2008 10:58 PM

where is the best place to post my daily food diary? this is the closest thread I have found so far.

dmc2009 12-08-2008 03:38 PM

Keepnsane, not sure where the journal is, but this is a place to share your ideas and menus just so we can all get ideas and not get bored.

Elfinsnow that is great.

today was the Zuchinni frittata for breakfast, its the one on the recipes here, its good. 180 calories - make it. I only used Parm cheese and not the other one.

Salad for lunch, lots of chicken so I gave it 400 calories. I am eating half now and more later.

Not sure what dinner will be, probably a salmon patty, they are 170 and some green beans.

I have some WW mags I am gonna look at and try to mix things up a bit.:D

elfinsnow 12-08-2008 08:40 PM

Mmm- Zuchinni frittata sounds good!! Ill have to look that up. Thanks!
I keep looking for different recipes too- low cal/fat that my guys will eat.
Terry