Old 11-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #1  
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Wink BFF's Getting Healthy

Well I'm posting this for all the best of friends out there who want to get healthy and look better. So come join the fun and we will have some challenges along the way and some laughs to. My best friend and I for almost thirty years want to eat good and look good so we are joining the 3 fat chicks as part of our quest. Come join and drop pounds and look better.
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #2  
Stay Healthy

Default Good Morning

Well it's day two and I'm hanging in there. I did well with watching my over eating and I had a lot of water. I need to start walking, but I will wait until I have my bestest friend come join and anyone who wants to start the 12 week journey with us. I'm giving myself till Feb. the 9th to drop 25 pounds I will be 42 and want to feel good. I did this for support and to make new friends. So come join the fun and help me think of a challenge to keep us motivated. See ya later ...
Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #3  
Stay Healthy

Default Good Morning Sunday

Time to throw some excercise into my diet. I will start today and do my walk away the pounds tapes. They are great and i have several so I can change them becuase they do get boring. LOL I have to step on the scale tomorrow I hope it's at least two pounds. mmmmmm we will see. Were is my bestest friend? She will join me today I'm hoping. Anyone can come and join us we are fun and supportive. So see ya later and have a great day. I will be on later to make sure my BFF get's here and joins me. See ya
Old 11-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Good luck. Who is your friend? is she on 3FC as well?
None of my close friends lives near me, and I wish I could have an exercise buddy. For a long time, a friend 50 miles away used to email with me, we would share our exercise for the day.
I exercised lots, lost no weight tho. I really see the diet and exercise are linked, even tho I didn't want to see it.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:18 PM   #5  
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

Hey, hey, hey... I finally got on... it's BFF... This is great! It will be really fun to get A lot of other people... yep, anyone can join this group. So far it sounds like we are all in the same 'boat'.. we live away from our BFF's.. we're getting older, and we need to stay healthy,loose some pounds, have a little conversation, motivation, ... and FUN while we stick to our goals... oh, I joined the online Wt. watchers today.. so THAT is something I have never done! haha.. oops, I only have 13 points left after drinking my coffee w/ creamer & raisen oatmeal.. seems I have some learning to do!
now, I need to learn how to get one of those cute little picture's next to my post! Have a wonderful day everyone!
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:48 PM   #6  
Stay Healthy

Default Hello

Wow this is cool. I'm excited and we are going to do this.... I will join ww on Wednesday or Friday not sure yet. We are going to do this I'm going to have my son take a picture of me every five pounds so I can see the diffrence. I have to find somthing to wear that is tighter so You can see the roles...LOL KK I will check in later and madfat r u going to join us? you are more than welcome we are going to try and make this fun. My friend and I live in different states , but are good good friends for a very long time. We can still support eachother and do challenges and have fun. Good luck.... Littlelindy..
Welcome BFF
Old 11-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #7  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

I would like to join too. The more the merrier right? I am following WW but not going to meetings or doing online. Just counting points. I've been doing well since I started at the beginning of September and I am hoping to be under 200 by New Year's.

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #8  
Stay Healthy

Default wow we are getting a group together...

Welcome and we will have a good time. I'm trying to think of our first challenge for Monday. I'm thinking weekly challenges would be fun. It can be activity,water, anything that keeps us going and healthy. I'm joining ww on Wednesday I just follow points on my owen, but if I join it helps me to stay on track more. So welcome and if you have any ideas let us know. It look like you have done a great job dropping the pounds already maybe we can use the smiles as bones icons when we drop five pounds the carrot can be a five pound icon and ten pounds is a winker or every two pounds is a green guy and we can cash them in for a five pound icon that would be fun so next to our name we can have our pound icons and at the end of two weeks see who has the most or hightest ... I don't know talking out loud.... talk to you later go team go....
Old 11-24-2008, 02:06 AM   #9  
BFF no pain no gain

learning the points is going to be the challenge for me right now... I think I really blew it today...I think I am starting to understand that although I do not eat 'that' much I am not eating the right things.. It is really hard for me to follow 'rules',... since I am a bit of a rebel.. for me, this week is a bit of learning the points & being that Thanksgiving is in a few days I wonder how bad I will blow it then!ha.. well, I hope people continue to join... Does anyone know how I get one of those cool goal scales? ( not sure if it is even called that) well, goodnight all!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 AM   #10  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

mytina,
Go to the thread on Announcements and Forum Help. There is a FAQ section that explains how to get one. You have to be a member for 30 days I think. As for the points you will figure it out. It's almost like a game to me to see what I can find for the fewest points!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #11  
Stay Healthy

Default I stepped on the scale today

Guess what? I stepped on the scale this moring. I put my six pound weights on it four times to make sure it was right and it said I lost......
5 pounds my first week. So we can do this I can't wait till mytina drops her first five pounds. that is for my bff you can do the points it's easy ... And you said you don't eat very much you have to eat five times a day to keep your slow motabalism going. Put carrots, grapes,a yogurt,granola bar in you purse or bag that way you can snack. Another thing I do is when I'm cooking dinner or 30minutes before so I don't think I'm starving I drink an 8oz of V-8 juice it's 2points and fills your tummy up and I don't eat as much for dinner. It also gives you two of your veggie's. So I can't wait for this week I want to see if I can drop three pounds. I'm at 144 so if I drop another three it would be 141 I really want to get at 137 that is my first goal then 132 is my third goal then 129 in the 120'S then my final goal of 125... I forgot how well ww works if you stick to it. Ok everyone I'm off to myspace to see what everyone is doing and I will be back later..... have a great day and talk to you later...... littlelindy
Old 11-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #12  
BFF no pain no gain

Default You Go Littlelindy

I am So happy for you BFF... you are a great motivator, that is for sure!

I can't wait until I loose my first 5 lbs! then, I will be a believer. I have never been one to stick to rules... and I think with the WW the points thing really confuses me so I end up not eating anything at all.. This morning I had a smaller cup of coffee,.. with not as much vanilla creamer(my weakness) and I had a pack of instant oatmeal. I have to use some of this food before I can justify going out and buying the cooking oatmeal..which is better for us. I really need to get one of those WW books to tell me about the points.. so that is my goal today! I will take your advice "LL" and pack some of those things you suggested so I can have healthy snacks!

Thank you "C" for the info. on the goal scales... that is too bad they make you wait for that long... when people get motivated to lose weight they need things like that right away!! oh well, it will be fun to get when we earn it, and then we can see how much we have lost! whoot whoot!

Well, I am off to grocery shop OF ALL THINGS for Thanksgiving dinner
hopefully, I will get they gym in today too!! If not, for sure a walk & some weights! I got some catching up to do..haha...

Have a wonderful day girls!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #13  

:wave CAn anyone join????
marytk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #14  
Stay Healthy

Default Marytk

Of course you can join us. We are hanging out dropping pounds and having fun. Mytina just joined ww online and is trying to figure out the points. LOL she is funny , but trying. Yes yes come join us. I'm trying to think of a challenge for us from This friday till Christmas eve? Any ideas? I started to wer my pedometer today I push ten thousand steps a day and really try to get over 12,000 so come join us and help me think of a challenge.....
Old 11-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #15  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I have been trying to decide/figure out what weight loss plan, w.o.e. to use. I know I won't be going to meetings, and am not sure I want virtual meetings either, you can be my meetings. Tell me more about the points....I will go buy a book tomorrow, whats the best one?
Definitely time to get my slow metabolism moving...thanks
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote