Old 10-27-2008, 12:33 PM   #1  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Default Starting again

Well I am back and still weight about the same weight. I have been training for my first full marathon after doing a few 1/2 marathons and need to lose alot of weight before then. My first marathon will be in January and would love to be down to about 160 - 165 by then if I am then I have a good chance of being successful.

I am just going to watch what I eat and make better choices. I wil increasing the intensity of my workouts and adding some weight training.

Anyone like to buddy up?

Kim
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #2  

I am thinking of doing a marathon as well!! I have never done one before (or even half a marathon) but I plan to star training on Tuesday!
sparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #3  
Soon to be Thin

I'm not able to do any weight training yet. I had surgery 3 weeks ago on my arm/shoulder. I had a Proximal Humeral Plate with nine screws put in to put my broken bones together. However, I have been cleared to go on the treadmill. My issue is FOOD and my inability to overcome the devil that sits on my right shoulder encouraging me to eat the junk. I have the positive attitude, the motivation to workout but for some ridiculous reason I cannot resist JUNK. So I think buddying up with someone would be helpful
Pinot Grigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #4  

Good luck! I want to try a to do a triathalon. I was hoping to do one the past summer, but never got into shape - the running is what is killing me. So I'm hoping that this winter I can get back into it and do a couple throughout the spring/summer.
PG - I feel like you too - FOOD is my downfall. Not so much junk, but just eating in general and too much, no matter what it may be. You're not alone.
marytk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #5  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I just have to say HI if you are the same Hockeychic that I 'met' about five years ago here, on the 'Doin it the Old Fashioned Way' thread!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #6  
Doin' it this time

S/C/G: 208.8/208.8/145

Hi everyone, sorry I have been without a computer for a bit and this is my first chance to come back and check.

I have done a few 1/2 marathons but never a full. A tri is also something I would like to try but not sure about the swimming part

VermontMOM: I do remember that thread.....so yes that must have been me....unfortunatley I think I weight more now then I did then
Hockeychic is offline   Reply With Quote