Old 10-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #31  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I've been trying to stay off the seafood diet. It's terrible for me. I see food and I eat it...ha,ha,hee,hee.

Actually I've been trying to stay off sugar and white bread,rice, potatoes etc...
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:30 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi, my food is very similar to PhotoChick...I have cut out dairy almost completely, and no longer eat processed foods. For dinner, I now have "homemade" soup and/or Tossed Salad with Chicken. I drink lots of water with lemon and exercise 5 to 6 days a week. I believe that's really what's making the difference in my size - the "inches" lost is remarkable. Best to you and keep us posted

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 07:19 PM   #33  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm trying something new for me - I'm eating more raw foods and also have added green smoothies.... seems to be working...
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 AM   #34  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default I hate chicken breasts

One of the problems with lots of the diets I have looked at, (and didn't even try actually) is that I really dislike chicken breasts. Have no use for them.
I used to say I didn't care for them, but reading about them, I could just taste one, and I didn't like the taste!
SO whatever I settle on for WOE it will have to avoid the chicken breasts. Can have any other part of the chicken, but no white meat fowl.
AHHHH that feels like freedom to admit it.
I love almost all veggies, so will always include them.
Will keep considering my long term choices. For now, I am keeping my food and exercise diary, and trying to enjoy smaller portions.
fatmad
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Well I have to admit that chicken breasts are a staple for me - I love 'em just about any way you can fix them. But I think there are plenty of things you can eat that will give you the lean protein if you really can't stand 'em.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #36  

Height: 5'7

Darlene,

We have much in common....the same 60 lbs, I am also a RN, I started at 222....am now 206.6 and my goal is 155. I am slightly taller and slightly older than you...5'7 and 46.

Welcome to the site...I just found this site myself and so far I am lovin' it....great advice and inspiration....seems like a very healthy place to hang out!

I think it is so important to connect with other believin' eyes....I didn't post much in this thread, but I now shall.

Nice to connect!
Best wishes,
thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #37  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

My plan is pretty much like Photochick's - but I might be more of a "work in progress"

I'm not a big fan of chicken breasts, either, fatmad. There's plenty of other ways to get lean protein.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 164/143/138

Height: 5'73/4"

I am not on any program, but I just eat what I want to and watch portions. That's the key for me. At the holidays, though, I do gain a few pounds and beat myself up for it, but then I lose it again! Pecan pies of the world- watch out!
westtexaschick is offline   Reply With Quote