Old 09-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #1  

Default Whats your Theory?

I have been thinking about this a bit..... and as I am a theory kinda girl... I thought I would ask you all what you think....

My Theory:

My issue with my weight is not quantity but more quality.... I tend to eat the wrong things....

So my theory is that>.....

1. I am going to eat what I want on weekends (I never really go crazy, but if we go out to dinner I am going to have a drink, or whatever I want within reason) and that way I find that I am not feeling deprived and am better able to stick with eating better over the long term.

2. I stick to my diet religiously during the week

3. If I lose weight a little more slowly but am able to stick to it and improve my lifestyle then in the long run that is better. (I tend to lose weight bi-weekly about 3 lbs)

So what is your theory..... how do you approach this committment ... what helps you wrap your head around it and keep going.... is it unconventional....
how do you approach your weight and dieting as a whole..... ???

S
36Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 PM   #2  
Changing Inside and Out

S/C/G: 276/249/150

Height: 5'5"

My theory...

I let others define who I am and how I look.

I have let my mother, my brother and now my husband define what I look like. I weighed 132 lbs when I was 17 and my brother told me I was fat. I looked a few pictures of me back then, and I was faaar from fat. My mother never complimented me, only critisizm from her lips. Her idea of being a mother is to tear me down. IE: On my 40th birthday, we went to her house (yup packed up all 4 kids and drove 65 miles because it was too inconvenient for her to come to my house *sigh*). The last thing she said to me before I got up and walked out was: "Now that you are 40, are you gonna cut your hair? It looks like Sh*t !" Oh, thanks Mom.

I now remember what it was like when I was 19 and moved into my first apartment. I worked out everday. I didn't eat alot cause I was broke, but I made decent choices. When I was younger I was much more physically active and enjoyed working out. I even ran a 3K when I was 8 months pregnant. I have reclaimed my life and reclaimed my body. To heck with everyone else.

luvin2lose is offline   Reply With Quote