Old 09-17-2008, 11:46 PM   #1  

Default hello

I have been off and on dieting for all my life, I am at my heaviest weight ever now. I am 46, and it almost feels hopeless. but i do not want to give up. so here I am again. and this time I am sticking to it. I love this site and all of the great support that you all share. chrissy,ohio
chrissyriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chrissy,
I'm new here too, but not the dieting world. Nice to meet you and welcome! BTW, I know exactly what you mean about feeling pretty hopeless but not wanting to give up! Keep hanging in there!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 09:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Chrissy,

I am new too! I completely understand about feeling hopeless. I am so tired of watching the scale move in the wrong direction!! I think the site is great and WE CAN DO IT!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to all newbies! I hope you get the support you need here... I'm sure you will.
You're invited to join in on the chat thread, if you would like. It is a great group of 40 somethings and there's lots of support there. Just jump in and tell us about yourself!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #5  
GETTING HEALTHIER!!!!

S/C/G: 285/285/200

Height: 5'7

Today is my first day starting my new life diet. I thought i was doing good, ..let me explain...for breakfast i had special k cereal 1 cup..120 calories, horizon orgainc 2% milk 120 calories..i added a handful of almonds and a banana( not sure what the calories were for the nuts and banana)..so i came on this site and ...i typed in my meal and...wham..i already had 519 calories..and i am only allowed 1553 cal a day!
Also i registered for fitday ..and from what i understand..it will take me 11 months to lose 85lbs....this is depressing to me!
monique200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #6  
I will do it!!

Height: 5'7"

I sure know the feeling. I think we all want to lose it right away. it just does not happen that way. This is why I need support also to stay on track so next year this time I will be like geez time sure flew by and now I am healthy and fit. So I wish you luck on your journey.
alwaysej is offline   Reply With Quote