What makes you feel beautiful ?

• Just wanted to have a thread to talk about what makes us feel beautiful. Since I'm not feeling very good about myself today, I will not start, and will drink in what will hopefully be many good ideas and advice from all of you experts, and add my bit a little later.
  • If I'm having a "gross" day, I usually like to dress up decent and put on make up, and do my hair. It usually makes me feel a little better.
  • Looking decent in clothes. Feeling good about myself.

-Susan
  • I feel great when I am able to wear something that I love from last year at this season- and it still fits and looks cute! Makes me proud that I have kept the weight off for this year, and is an excellent NSV for me. Helps with my "Big Picture" goal of lifetime health, too!
  • going for a run and then taking a nice relaxing bath make me feel beautiful!
  • Big cleansing breaths and smiling. Laughing is good too.
  • My DLH
    Yep I know he loves me unconditionally. He always tells me how beautiful I am even when I know I look like crap or weighed 215 lbs.. Since I have lost some of the weight, he will sometimes whistle at me when I walk out the door or come home. The other day he told me how good I looked in a dress that i have not been able to fit into in a year or so. It really helps motivate me to lose more and makes me feel beautiful.

Also, When female co-workers tell me how great I look and I feel it too!
  • My (beautiful herself) 11 year old daughter, who tells me that I am absolutely beautiful as I am and don't need to lose a pound. She's my sweetheart. We've had lots of conversations about body image (the unrealistic type shown in magazines and tv) and how she should love her body as it is (healthy and slim, btw, on the verge of blossoming). She has obviously taken this to heart and won't let me speak out loud that I am anything but gorgeous. I love her for that. (and for lots of other reasons too!!)

hopefuldreamer
  • Quote: My (beautiful herself) 11 year old daughter, who tells me that I am absolutely beautiful as I am and don't need to lose a pound. She's my sweetheart. We've had lots of conversations about body image (the unrealistic type shown in magazines and tv) and how she should love her body as it is (healthy and slim, btw, on the verge of blossoming). She has obviously taken this to heart and won't let me speak out loud that I am anything but gorgeous. I love her for that. (and for lots of other reasons too!!)
    Awww, that is so sweet!
  • Quote: My (beautiful herself) 11 year old daughter, who tells me that I am absolutely beautiful as I am and don't need to lose a pound. She's my sweetheart. We've had lots of conversations about body image (the unrealistic type shown in magazines and tv) and how she should love her body as it is (healthy and slim, btw, on the verge of blossoming). She has obviously taken this to heart and won't let me speak out loud that I am anything but gorgeous. I love her for that. (and for lots of other reasons too!!)

hopefuldreamer
    Can I borrow her for awhile? She sounds like a real keeper!!!

Great job on raising what sounds like a very well adjusted young lady! This world needs more like her.
  • When I get my hair done, have a cute outfit on, and my husband keeps staring at me like he's never seen me before. That makes me feel so hot. I feel beautiful when someone takes pictures of me and they come out good. It makes me feel like a model or something