3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   Exercise benefits PROVEN !! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/148494-exercise-benefits-proven.html)

Suzzyy 08-07-2008 07:40 AM

Exercise benefits PROVEN !!

Okay just a mention and remember I am a scatterbrain HOWEVER we have had some crazy storms here. Tuesday night I got all dressed to go out for my 3 mile walk, open the door and it is POURING. I didn't even realize it! So I did some crunches, some leg lifts and used my son's 5lb weights and did some arm exercises. Well, last night I did my 2 loads of laundry, folded some clothes, my son wanted to order something online and I sat to help him. Here I go again, got my sneakers on and open the door, AGAIN, pouring rain with thunder !! Can I not hear?? I get so involved with my chores, so again I did my crunches, etc etc. This morning I am up a pound and I feel like crap. So two nights in a row without my walking really made a difference. I come home from work a bit early today, and I am going right out to get the walking done. If you hear a scream in the distance that is me !!!
Suzy:dizzy:

Slashnl 08-07-2008 08:57 AM

It's hard to make time for ourselves, sometimes! It is getting to be that time of year here where you better get outside first and then do the inside stuff later!

Hope you get your walk in!

lovnmom 08-08-2008 10:16 AM

suzzyy, ditto on Diane's comment about it being difficult finding the time to take care of our own needs. I hope life and the rain slows down soon so you can focus on you.
Kristi

beth4365 08-08-2008 08:52 PM

Hi Suzzyy,

It *is* hard to make time for ourselves. My son wanted to talk to me one night earlier this week just when I was getting ready to go walk. So, I asked him to go with me (he's twelve), and much to my surprise, he did! He's also a great supporter. I was struggling along the other day trying to do sit-ups in another room and the last one was getting tough. He somehow heard me (it might've been the loud sighs or pleas for mercy, I dunno... ), stopped what he was doing to come in to encourage me.

Hang in there and I hope you got that walk in!

Beth

mommamurray 09-23-2008 11:59 AM

I know that when I get home there are so many things to get done that taking a walk just doesnt seem to fit in.. so I started walking at work. I am very lucky to be able to do this I know.. My co workers are also walking!! 30 mins a day

alwaysej 09-25-2008 08:26 AM

WE have to make time for ourselves. I know I must exercise, it has helped with my weight loss in the past years. So now I know I must stick with it.

grasshoppermf 09-29-2008 10:37 PM

Yes, as the others said, we must make time for our workouts. Keep up the good work!

I have been walking the bus route home instead of getting on the bus. It's a mile and a half walk which is a decent workout for me since I am just starting this again. I am going to have to find something else to do on those rainy days too.