Should I be here?

• I'm 39, turning 40 this year. Have 4 children age 18 to 5. Hopefully no grandbabies in the near future.

Don't really want to have to swap forums in less than 6 months so asking you all - can I just start here instead of with the 30-somethings?
  • Of course you can post here

We're glad to have you. Lots of support.
  • Welcome! You don't have to have grandbabies to post here!
  • Well thank you for making me feel welcome. Another place for me to post.
  • Out of curiosity what are you doing in Japan?
  • Glad you're joining the 40 somethings! The chat thread is usually very active, so you'll have to pop over there some time!
  • My husband is retired Army, he's now a USAF contractor. We've been in north Japan 4.5 years for him to work at a military base here and are hoping to head back to the US soon.
  • My brother is USAF. He and his wife will be in Okinawa (Kadina, I think) in August for 3 years. They are very excited. If I hit the Lotto, I'll visit him.
  • Welcome, feel free to post anywhere you want.
  • Quote: My husband is retired Army, he's now a USAF contractor. We've been in north Japan 4.5 years for him to work at a military base here and are hoping to head back to the US soon.
    OOHHH! I asked because I have a friend who lives in Japan but they aren't military so I was just wondering if you were doing the same thing. I lived in Taiwan for a year and a half as a missionary for my church and my husband was a missionary in northern Japan. I love the orient. The people are incredible.
  • The people are incredible. The culture is wonderful here. We live in a small northern town called Misawa, where it's cool - cold most of the year and we get a lot of snow.
  • Cool! (No pun intended). Where are you going to land when you come home?
  • We are hoping Texas, but it might be anywhere in the southern states from Florida to Arizona. My husband is from Florida. I'm from Texas. I have family in Arizona. We just both know we're tired of it being cold 99% of the time.
  • do the best you can do for You,,,,