Old 06-21-2008, 10:41 PM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default New Scale Blues

I bought a new scale today, since I didn't think my other one was really accurate (it wasn't digital and depending on how you leaned, that needle moved a bit).

Oh well! This one puts me two pounds heavier. It was fairly soon after dinner when I tried it, so maybe it'll be a little better in the morning. We'll see.

In the spirit of fairness and to keep myself honest, I changed my profile weight back. Stupid scales!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:54 PM   #2  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Carrie wait until the morning.

You are always heavier in the evening.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 PM   #3  

A meal usually does put two pounds on you. Think about it: one cup of any beverage is half a pound right there. Even if it's water, it has weight. And many of us have more than 8 ounces of something to drink with dinner. Then there's the main dish, the sides, whatever. Another pound, at least. Plus you ate lunch and maybe a snack - that's all still in you.

You'll use up two pounds just breathing and metabolizing and stuff overnight.

Of course, you do have to expect some difference in the scales, especially if the old one was inaccurate.

That said, I had a great dial scale that got broken. Couldn't find any more - the stores were only carrying digital. I have NOT found my digital scale to be more accurate. It seems to change my weight with the temperature outside and the humidity, showing a higher weight when it's hotter.

I know what yuo mean about the old dial scales showing different weights when you lean a certain way. I had to put mine in exactly the same spot (lined up with a certain bathroom floor tile) and stand just so to keep things consistent - but it WAS consistent, which is more than I can say for the digital scale. I miss my old dial scale.
Siena1383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Hang in there Carol! You know the truth. A different tool doesn't change the results of your hard work!
D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM   #5  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Only a few ounces difference this morning. Oh well!

I'm not really "sad" over this. I mean, obviously my starting weight would have been higher too if the old scale was off. So my loss is the same. It's just numbers. It's just one of those things.
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote