Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #31  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

The city fireworks disply is about a mile from my house. I can,t see any of it because I am surrounded by tall trees in 3 sides. I don't have to go far though. Just walk up the hill to the main road and I get quite a show!

I can't wait to go clothes shopping. but that will have to wait till I go down another size. But I love shoes and purses so they are always a nice treat!

Happy 4th of July Carol!
Let's go out ther and be Indepenent!

D
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #32  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 194.6/188.2/135

Height: 5'2"

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your 4th! Today started off pretty well. I worked out, did some cleaning...but I didn't do too well eating-wise. I don't know why, but I just couldn't resist snacking a few extra times today. Blah. I tried to keep them healthy at least, but I'm annoyed at myself for giving in, and adding a few hundred calories I didn't need at all. Especially when I don't even know WHY.

Oh well! Hopefully it's just a small setback. How did you do today? Great, I hope. I want one of us to have had a good day!
Carrie3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:27 PM   #33  
Blue Blood

I did do well today! I was very motivated when I got up and weighed myself. I lost a whole pound!

Still can't get motivated to work out. You are way ahead of me on that! That should help with today's slip. and BTW...It happened...you felt bad...now it is now. You are back OP as of right now and you can stay that way for the rest of the day and move forward from here.

Wanna hear a cool thought. I got it from a post I read earlier. Someone asked if cravings happen because your body is loosing weight. Now I really don't want to know the answer to that question. I like the idea that a craving means that I am loosing weight. It helps me not to give in!

Tomorrow is a whole new day! You wiil do great! And you will be a Goddess!

D
Old 07-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #34  
Starting Over

Congratulations djay! You passed the 20 mark!!! I am so proud of you!!!

I like your new picture and saying!

I'm really glad your day yesterday was good too. Today was better for me. Still wanting to cheat, but I did OK. I don't know why it's suddenly different for me. I feel like something inside my head changed, in a negative way. But I don't know what or why. But like you said, it was another day, and I tried to stay positive. Thanks for giving me a good kick!
Old 07-06-2008, 11:06 PM   #35  
Blue Blood

Stay strong. Your drive will come back. So you might have to fake it for a couple of days. But you are only 2 lbs. away from 20. Something about hitting those even numbers is a real boost!

I'm sending good thoughts your way all the way from Tennessee!

D
Old 07-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #36  
Starting Over

So far, today's been better. I had to really force myself, but I did a little work-out this morning to get moving, and so far I've eaten OK too. Tomorrow I go back to work, where it's actually a little easier to stick to my meals.

I think I need a big attitude adjustment! In more ways than one.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #37  
Blue Blood

You dp sound down.
Nothing that a little dancing broccoli can't fix!

And here is your recomended daily allowance of

You will feel better after your exersise class tomorrow! Then You can come tell me how good those Goddess pains feel!

Sending skinny thoughts,

D
Old 07-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #38  
Starting Over

Thanks djay! I needed that!!!

I made it through today, though I was dragging. Was really wondering about if I could make it through that stupid class...but I went, and I feel much better now. That class is tough, but I got through!! I think it gave me a little of my confidence back.

Hope you had a good day!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #39  
Blue Blood

You sound better too! Maybe you will get me inspired to work out. It sure seems to help your spirit! I'm so glad! I was worried you were going to drop off of here and I would be on my own in the weight loss adventure! I need you to keep me pepped!

Today didn't start out so well. I was up .5 lb. I know fluctuations happen...just messes with my head a little. Especially since I had seen a pound a day drop for 3 straight days. Man that was exciting...but of course that can't continue so that .5 lb makes sense. Still sucks!

The good thing is I didn't have time to even consider a binge today! With the economy going the way it is, I have been buried at work evaluating every possible cut that can be made! I don't even take a lunch break some days so I have to make sure I plan for eating at me desk.

Then after work I started a new class with a co-worker. We are taking Chinese language for Business! Don't ask how I got suckered into this. I thought it would be fun and my company will pay for it since I can use it in my job, but after this first class...I'm a little intimidated! It is definatly going to take up more time than I was prepared to give it!

When do you get to get your Ticker? I know it's a little cheezy but I was so happy to get mine! Now to watch it move....

D
Old 07-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #40  
Starting Over

I know what you mean. My scale has barely moved lately. It's frustrating. I know fluctuations are normal, and so are periods where nothing moves. But that doesn't make it any less disappointing!

Your class sounds really challenging. Chinese seems like it would be a really hard language to learn. Good luck with it! We are starting a big new project at work too. It's stressing me out a lot, as are other things there. Trying to stay positive...

I was thinking about a ticker, but...Like I said, I feel like things are stalled right now. I want it to inspire me, not mock me!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #41  
Blue Blood

I understand about the ticker. I guess that TOM is not the time to get one...
You should be back on track in a couple of days though! That is the good part...Afterward you get to see a good drop!

I am pretty excited. I got my Medifast supplies today so I will be starting that next week. Sure hope it lives up to the Hype! I committed to go see my family for Thanksgiving and I am not about to give my B*tcH of a sister-in-law anything to gossip about...if it kills me! Besides we are going to my sister' house in Las Vegas. Gotta be a goddes for Vegas!

Good luck on your project and all the other stressors!
Everything will be allright in the end. If it's not allright, It isn't the end!

D
Old 07-10-2008, 09:02 PM   #42  
Starting Over

Is Medifast the one with the shakes? I don't really know how that one works. Do you have them instead of meals? How many? I hope you do great with it!! You are gonna be fabulous for Las Vegas!!!

It's not even my TOM...there's just been no movement at all. I tried to cut a few calories here and there today, and did a workout when I got home. I hope something budges soon!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:58 PM   #43  
Blue Blood

I know what you mean...I have kinda stalled also...and I have stuck 100% to pan... so it is frustrating. But it is a numbers game. As long as we are using more calories than we are taking in, we WILL loose.

Medifast does have shakes along with some other prepackaged 'meals'. The way it works is that you eat 5 of their prepackaged "meals" per day and then one meal of meat and veggies per day. So you eat every 2-3 hours and supposedly don't get hungry. It has been around for about 30 years and has a lot of studies and doctors to back it up Also 3fc did a review on it. That was what got me to check it out. So...I hope it works!

Keep the faith! The goddes is in there waiting to be released!

D
Old 07-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #44  
Blue Blood

Hi Carol,
Missed you not posting today. Hope all is well. Don't think you can skip out without being missed! I count on you to keep me straight. I know you have had a couple of tough days, but don't give up! I know you can do this!

Today was bittersweet. The scale still won't move. Still up one pound. But I am proud, I went to a cookout at a friends house (who happens to be a great cook!) I even stopped and picked up a pie for desert. They grilled salmon and chicken breast for me and I stuck to plan!!!!! I didn't have any chips and dip or any of the other goodies! I didn't even eat the pie that I brought!

So that scale better move tomorrow dang it!

Hang tough!

D
Old 07-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #45  
Starting Over

Sorry for not posting - don't worry! I'm not running away! I'm in this for the long haul. And I need you to keep kicking my butt too!

Good for you, not indulging at the cookout! That's great! And you're very brave to bring the pie!

Have you started the Medifast yet? I hope it works for you. I looked them up online before. It sounds pretty good, but I can't do it. Some of their stuff has artificial sweeteners, and I can't have those. They really make me sick. My plan (BistroMD) is going pretty well, but it is expensive and I'm not sure how much longer I can afford to stick with it.

Well, the scale finally budged just a little. But...I tried to find some summery/cool pants to wear to walk to the drugstore before, and...NOTHING fit! Everything is too big and/or too baggy! Holy crap!!! And some of those were too tight before. So I just ordered some smaller pants online. Trying to only order the really cheap/clearance ones, since who knows where I will end up. So that's a pretty good feeling, even if the scale doesn't seem to want to move!

Even that walk to the drugstore, though, was a real change for me. Especially since it's really hot out. Usually I'll just put it off, but I decided it'd be good for me to take the walk, and just did it.

How about you? Are you noticing any changes yet?