Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 AM   #271  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Mollikins
Hello

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Been so busy around here with company. Takes a lot to keep a house clean with 9 people in it and takes a whole lot of cooking to feed everyone lol. Have our week at the camp grounds coming up and a few little things we want to do with everyone while they are here. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:22 AM   #272  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

An early morning we're having our roof done today and tomorrow. Those guys start work early.

My weigh in and I stayed the same that was a shock! My daughter and I walked last night. It was a gorgeous night, not humid at all.

My summer always seem to revolve around doctors, dentists and eye checks.

Lovn, those Brewers are starting to annoy me!!

Mollikins you gave me an idea I should set a goal for my 50th birthday which will be next July. Let me think

Talk later.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #273  
Struggler

S/C/G: 233/218/150?

Height: 5'4"

Smile

GOOOOOOOOOOD MORRRRRRRNINNNNNNNNNNG, LADIES !!!

Well after several minutes of trepidation, I stepped on the scale, and thru squinted eyes I thought I saw a 2# loss --- YES YES, I DID ! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO FOR ME !!! :

Just let me say that even though it was a mere 2# loss, my whollllle morning took on a new luster !!

Just wanted to share with my new compadres !!

Hope y'alls day goes well !!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #274  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Awesome, Mollikins! That's great!

I have an early meeting this morning, so just a quick hi.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #275  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

Well my roofers got the 2nd floor done yesterday but they had to stop as the rain was coming. We had heavy rain during the night and it does not look as if they will get anything done this morning.

Went to PT and I have normal range of motion and I don't have to go back. That's a relief one less thing I have to schedule.

LetsgoMets a series against your guys this weekend. Well it can't be any worse than the series we just had against the Brewers I hope we can at least get one win. There's a lot of unhappy people around here.

I have to go shopping talk to you later.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

It is kind of sad. I for one always think, "when summer comes I'll be active and weightloss will be much easier, " etc....actually there are so many get togethers and the weather gets so hot ( I can always wear a heavier jacket ) that I'm concluding losing in the summer is much more difficult.

Clyde, We're enjoying this baseball ride!!! All my children's tourneys are next week and then my days in the sun are over. We're going to a LaCrosse Logger game tomorrow night. It's my favorite minor league park to go to. They have a lot of competitions for children in between innings and the park sits just right so by the 2nd inning all the sun is behind you. Atmosphere is all fun. I hope the things you've been dealing with haven't been anything too serious.

Diane, My youngest boy starts football camp today. It's just 2.5 hours a day for 3 days to start the little guys on fundamentals. Junior High F.B. practice starts for my older boy I think on the 14th and we go back to school on Sept 2nd. We always start later. A few years back the state passed a bill to accomodate WI Dells...the later start date keeps their employees working through Labor Day.

Welcome to Mollikins, great job on the loss.

Hi Rennie and Sillycat

You all have a great day now!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #277  
Struggler

TGIF !!!!

Morning, ladies. I'm sooooooooo waiting for 1600 to roll around ! This dammed finner has a good start on an infection & the pain is driving me to distraction !! Can't take the "good stuff" cos It knocks me out, so I'm "maintaining" with willpower & Avdvil Liqui-Gels.

I'm hoping the Bossman will take pity on me & let me leave early -- got most of the week's paperwork caught up & should be done by 1430. Hmmmm, wonder if leaving 1.5 hr would constitute taking pity ? Actually, he's VERY reasonable & fair.

So on that note, I'll bid y'all a fine Friday & wonderfully relaxing weekend !!
Old 07-25-2008, 11:48 AM   #278  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Hi all :
Here is my story ( abridged !! lol )
I am 47, native New Yorker. Worked in foster care and adoption for 12 years. I love music, film and reading. I have 2 cats and a delicious hamster named Matthew.
I am recently returned from a year in England, went there to be married and gave up everything on earth for this. Sadly for me, I got left at the alter and had to return to the States and try to begin a life for myself all over again.
I am transforming daily, even though I am not working and have extremely limited means at the moment.
I joined WW 2 weeks ago and am doing great, and I use my treadmill on a high incline to get an intense workout, so I do not spend hours on it every day.
I am a vegetarian and animal lover.
Interested in making friends here, both to offer my support and to get some as well.
Happy Friday.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #279  
Struggler

Soooooo, are you a nyawkah or just someone who live in NYS ?? Just kidding !

Bummer bout the jilting -- major suckage,THERE !

Hopefully you'll heal healthfully and you find lots of support here ! Just remember -- keep the chin up & the fork down !
Old 07-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #280  
One pound at a time.

Hi Vickie sorry to hear about your bad experience at the altar.

I am a long time WW member but I never once got to goal

I decided this year that I know what to do and had to take responssibility and do it. So far so good.

Good luck with your weight loss. It's a good programme.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #281  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Letting you all know I am still alive and kicking lol. Lots to do around here with 9 in the house. Chat latter. Welcome to all our new people. You have come to a great thread. You will find all of us are supportive and love to hear how you are doing.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:13 PM   #282  
Andrea

S/C/G: 194/189.5/150

Welcome, FairyVickie. It is always good to hear from another New Yorker. I was bred and born in Brooklyn, grew up in Westchester, but lived in NYC for a good stretch in the 80's/early 90's. I moved to Connecticut in 1993 but my parents still live in Manhattan and my sister and her family live in Brooklyn.

You will find great support here! So drop by often.

Clyde, we've got the Mets/Cardinals game on now, and it's not looking good for your Redbirds.

Former Met Xaiver Nady just got traded to the Yankees; the Pirates pulled him out of a game in the 1st inning to send him packing!! Insane! Nady used to be a Met...he was great...we are not happy in this household to learn that he's gone over to the dark side. Oh well!!

Have a nice weekend, everyone!
Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #283  
Good Charlotte fan !!

S/C/G: 184.2/176/135

Height: 5 foor 1 inch.

Hi gals :
Just signed back on now. Yep, Mol, born and bred in Brooklyn ! Major suckage does not even begin to describe it. I nearly lost my mind. I gave up my job with the City of NY in social services, my health insurance and half my future pension. I am out more money than I can ever hope to recoupe for the rest of my life. I am sure you are all quite familiar with the saying ' **** hath no fury like a woman scorned' ??? Well................I will leave that to your imagination, let me put it this way, I did not take the news of being dumped 5 weeks before the wedding very nicely ( or lady-like !! )

Want to laugh ?? This is my 17th attempt at WW !!!! The reason why things are different this time is that I have lost everything in my life now, and hit rock bottom. My last binge was so bad that I was doubled over in pain and in a cold sweat. The pain lasted about 4 hours and while I was sitting her on the couch miserable and in agony, I swore that after 25 years of this madness, I would never binge again. I got thru the night, and got to bed at 5:45 am semi-recovered and that was that. Have not binged since.

I graduated from a $ 37,000 eating disorder program 5 years ago ( my health insurance paid for it at the time ) and left even heavier than when I entered.
It actually took me to lose everything I had and held dear, then to make myself so violently ill by abusing myself to make me change my life.

I am so happy to be here now, I have been so welcomed and will stick around to both ask for help and to willingly give it to you all as well.

Go see The Dark Knight if you have not already. Heath Ledger's performance is mesmerizing.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 212/210/160

Hi all! I just have to say I just joined this morning and I already feel like I have made friends who "get it"! Thanks for the support already! Have a great evening! I have a niece's birthday party at a waterpark tomorrow (yippee, me in a bathing suit in public!). I'll try to stay focused on the fun I'll be having with the hubby and our 2 daughters!

I have a quick question, how often do you all weigh? The scale in my bathroom calls to me daily and then I know it chuckles when I get on! How do I stay off of it? My husband weighs religiously, so I can't trash the thing!!

TTFN!
Susan
Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 PM   #285  
One pound at a time.

Hi Susan. I weigh once a week, every Thursday.

LetsGo grrrr what is up with this team at the minute they are so flat?
Closed Thread