3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   40-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings-216/)
-   -   I am new here (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/40-somethings/141639-i-am-new-here.html)

irishayes 05-05-2008 01:18 PM

I am new here

Hello!

I've introduced myself in a couple other forums, but since I really belong HERE, I thought I'd say "Hi!"

Looking for support and encouragement to lose my "extra person" for good!

L144S 05-05-2008 02:24 PM

Welcome! I would like to join this group too. I turned 40 a few months back but have been too busy to consider the reality :) :welcome3: to 3FC, a great place with great people and great friends!

Slashnl 05-05-2008 04:04 PM

Welcome to both of you. I'd like to invite you over to the 40's chat thread. Lots of support and lots of fun people chatting over there.

L144S: 40 isn't so bad!!! We'll help you make the transition!

Clydegirl 05-05-2008 08:50 PM

:welcome2: Hello Irishayes, you will get lots of support here.

I love your username. Are you originally from Ireland?

irishayes 05-06-2008 07:01 AM

No. My husband is irish.

We used to have a sailboat which hubby named "Irish Ayes." I loved the name, and so I use it as my username.

dscheppke 05-06-2008 09:58 AM

Welcome!

I have been around for about a month so I am rather new, also. Glad to have a few new members in the 40 group. This website is awesome and the support is great. I have lost 14 lbs. so far and any time I feel discouraged or down this is where I turn.

thanks to all the great "chicks":D

Dawn

isacotto 05-15-2008 10:03 PM

hi..am Isa from Florida..am new here..am looking for a good diet..what would you recomend..am 5'2 and need to loose 40 to 50...wanna help me??

MommaDee 05-15-2008 11:33 PM

Hi!! I just joined and thought I'd say hello.

I'll be 42 in October and hopefully slimmer by then too.

L144S 05-16-2008 06:53 AM

Welcome ladies!
ISA look around the boards, every reasonable diet is on here and you can see which one fits your lifestyle.

jenimelt 05-18-2008 08:37 PM

HI! This is my first reply to a post. I am 45 and looking to lose some weight that I have somehow gained over the last six months. For about a month I was not able to, nor in the frame of mind to, exercise like I had been in the past. That was the beginning of it all. I also let myself slide on my healthy eating habits for a couple of months. Now it seems like I just can't lose the weight even tho I have been back on track for the most part (tho starting back to work has limited my early morning walk/jogs to only a couple days a week).
Am I rambling...oops...sorry! I'm glad I stumbled upon this site and looking forward to reading more posts and hopefully being able to lose these pounds!!!

tracey43452 06-11-2008 09:22 PM

Hi all! I too am new to this site, I just signed up tonight! I'm 41 and am planning on losing 50 lbs by the end of the year (hopefully earlier, but I have an extremely hard time losing).
I have been on a diet since I was about 9 years old and have yo-yoed. About 6 years ago I did Weight Watchers and exercised about 3 hours a day (I'm weird, I love to exercise!) and met my goal. I stayed there for about 2 years and then everything crashed at once. I got married, started my MBA program, my boss at work passed away and I had to take on both of our jobs, we sold the company to a group of investors, I started working 10-12 hours a day and still kept going to school (which was online). I ended up on depression/anxiety medication, had no time for exercise, and viola, the weight is back!! Now I can't get rid of it (at least not fast enough!).
This is it! I have gone back to planning my meals, getting up at 4:30am to exercise, taking an hour at lunch to exercise, and then walking for another hour after work. I'm in it for good now and will be thinner every month!
Sorry for such a long post!!

BTW ~ L144S, I love your dog!

Clydegirl 06-11-2008 11:48 PM

Welcome Tracey to our little corner of the world.

Pop in the chat thread for lots of support.