Old 04-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #76  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

4mykids: They just had an article in our local paper about a special program they have for teenaged girls in sports because they are so susceptible to knee problems. They said that girls are even more prone to those problems than the boys. I didn't read it too closely, but I guess it is a significant problem here with all the soccer girls. Hope you can get some help on that.

Rennie: So, tell us about the hook rug! It isn't boring, we want to hear from you, so tell us about that!! We miss you when you don't post, so I am sure that we'd love to hear about your projects. I am not very good at crafts, but I love them!

Clyde: Hey! The Rockies actually won a game last night. woo hoo!

Well, I went to a baseball meeting last night to get the new scorekeeping updates. They are changing quite a bit this year and making it much more of a learning environment. I think that is good overall, but it will really be different than the competitiveness from last year. I was a little disappointed in the board members that were there. They were really into complaining about how hard it is to be on the board, how much time they put into it, etc. While I am sure that they do put in an outrageous amount of time, it is a volunteer position. They aren't inspiring anyone to join the board when they tell everyone how hard it is. I just kept my mouth shut. I have no intention of joining any boards right now, so I'll keep quiet!

Well, have a great day everyone! Looking forward to seeing TBL tonight!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 263/249/125

Height: 5'4"

Amazing, the drug that is supposed to help with pain management and possibly also help me lose weight has me hungry all the time. Not good. Worse, I'm back to the exact same weight I was at when I started the drug. Gotta figure this mess out!

Somebody, don't know exactly who yet, posted my nephews car for sale last night on Craigslist. Long story short, Mom was driving him home in his car when his cell phone started going nuts. Over 50 calls in about a half hour, all asking if the car was still available. I haven't heard the resolution on this nightmare yet. I know a listing can be marked as fraudulent, but I won't get to talk to the kid until later tonight so no idea what's happened since we left him last night. He was not a happy camper.

I've gotten three cubes completely cleared out, I'm almost done on three more. Amazing AMAZING amount of crap that gets collected and left behind. Just to make life exciting, I put what we have way too much of out in the hallway for other groups who may need it. We have a clerk in our group, danged if she's not pulling it all back! Binders where the cover is ripping off or previous contents have stained the cover, hanging file folders (3 drawers full of them, we don't need any more!), floppy disks (there isn't a machine in the building that can read them anymore!), the list goes on and on. Frustrating. One cube, no kidding, grapes with stems still attached had been on the floor for so long they'd turned to raisins. Sort of. It's just plain sad.

Which is a long way of saying I've lost my optimism, lost my momentum, and good golly, why does it have to be such a fight all the time!?
kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #78  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Evening girls.

A busy day. Volunteer work this morning, out for lunch then home and cleaning out my youngest's room. I can get rid of a lot of junk when she is not around. I might do a yard sale next month. That's a big might.

Kappy hang in there it will get better.

Diane those Astros are tricky I always get worried when we play them. Good to see the Rockies getting a win when we're not playing them.

4mykids did you get your son's closet cleaned out?

I saw a few of us are signed up for Gary's 5k at the weekend. I will do mine on Friday.

Shy bridges make me a little nervous. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is a long one and I was always glad to get off there the few times we've driven over it.

Biggest Loser tonight should be good we get to vote who is the 3rd one in the final 3.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #79  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
Going to have to take some pics of this last one. It is a couple of wolfs, you know how I love wolfs lol. It came out real pretty. The new one is really pretty. Making it to go under a coffee table. Has a pretty bunch of flowers in the middle and then flowers and greenery along the outside all around the rug.I agree with what you are saying about the board members. I remember when I was team mother for the kids teams when they played summer sports. It was a ton of work but fun too. When my kids were done playing and I turned the position over to another person. I sure didn't tell them how much work it was lol. I just told them how much fun it was. Hey, lets be fair, no one told me how much work it was lol.

Kappy
I bet you talk to your pharmacist and you will find that drug can cause weight gain. Don't they all. Oh my gosh, who on earth would do that about the car. Had to be a practical joke that really went wrong.

Clyde
Everyone use to laugh at me when I would say bridges fall until last year we had that bridge go down. No one laughs at me anymore.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #80  
Diane

Rennie: That sounds like a cool looking rug. Do you keep them for yourself or do you give them as gifts? I've always thought that they look good as wall hangings.

TBL was really amazing. I was shocked at how much weight they lost in this last week. (My husband thought it was rigged!) It should be interesting to see the final show now. Those women did an amazing job. I think that Kelly, in particular, has really slimmed down over the past few weeks. I wish we could all go on that show! It would be way too hard for me to be away from my family that long, but to have the ability to only concentrate on yourself and losing weight would be amazing.

Clyde: Well, the Rockies won another over the Braves. Maybe they'll get back on track now. I think the Cards just scared them!!

Kappy: Boy, it just sounds like you are going through a tough time. I'm sorry to hear that. Working isn't always that much fun anyway, but when you have added stress like that, it makes it that much worse. Hang in there. Hope you can get the meds worked out.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #81  
One pound at a time.

Morning girls.

Biggest Loser last night amazing. I was shocked at the ammount of weight they lost but then remembered last week they all did not do well. Also they had a long flight and jet lag. Maybe the final week was more than a calendar week! The girls did so well. I was really happy they made it to the finale. I felt that I could relate to Ali when she was talking about her weight and how she put herself last. She does not have much more to lose so Kelly could do well.

Diane I'm enjoying the baseball some good games.

Have to go to PT will check in later.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Wow - I do not see biggest loser very often but I caught it last night and I saw it probably 6 weeks ago - I could not believe the difference. I did not recognize 3 of the 4 of them from the last time I saw it until I saw the before pictures. I agree that Kelly may win because she really looks like the only one that has a little more weight to lose.

I emerged from my son's closet later yesterday afternoon - it took longer then I thought!! It sure looks good now and he promises to keep it that way - yeah right - he says that everytime but he does do well for awhile. Now my girls are waiting for their turn!!

Clyde: I think we are going to the Brewer game on May 9 - when they play the Cardinals - should be a good game. Just waiting on whether we will get the tickets or not - my DS birthday is the day before so it would be for his birthday - he loves the Brewers and baseball or whatever the sport of the season is. I think he has watched all the games on TV that he could although he usually does not see the end - he falls asleep.

Kappy: What a terrible joke to have played on anyone - I hope he gets it worked out without too much trouble.

Well, I am actually at work - I better get back at it. I am pretty much self-employed and work with my dad so it is pretty flexible. I do not think I would be able to work any other way with all the running and keeping up with my kids.
4mykids3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #83  
Rennie

Slash
Out of the hundreds of those rugs I have done over my lifetime lol. I do not own one of them. I never get to keep one. People start putting in their orders for rugs for Christmas presents at our family and friends Christmas party lol. A friend just bought a new house so the one I am making now is going to look so pretty under her coffee table. I really had to hunt for it and I have changed the colors a bit from what was in the kit so they will go great with her furniture and curtains. She was complaining about how the carpet in that room is a tan color and makes the room look drab. This rug will put a nice splash of color into the room and bring out all the colors in everything else.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #84  
Diane

Rennie: That is so cool that you can do that. I actually can do rugs, but I give up way before they get done. Short attention span, I guess.

Just had to come back and make a comment about Biggest Loser last night. Maybe I just missed it before, but they showed a picture of Bob without a shirt. Wow! He is hot! I love his personality, but seeing him without a shirt put him in a whole new light.

Ok, back to work.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:42 PM   #85  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default Hi all - haven't posted in a bit

Blaming it on a guy keeping me busy. but thankfully away from the table.

Doing ok - that time of the month so feel fat and icky - and holding water but this too will pass.

Good to see everyone still here - that said I think I'm the only one that doesn't watch TBL - maybe i should start.
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #86  
Rennie

Silly
I don't watch it either lol. Glad to see you are doing well. Water does pass lol.

Slash
I go from embroidery to rugs to embroidery again. Wish I knew how to knit. Always wanted to learn but no one every had the time to teach me. I have tryed from books but I just can't understand lol.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:28 PM   #87  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Default Shy - wanted to congratulate you

you are doing awesome on your journey here - congrats on all those pounds lost - keep up the good work!
sillycat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Wow, so much activity on here yesterday. Awesome!
Let's see.

Kappy, I'm praying your stress level will be on the decline soon. Hang in there girl. We're all here for you.

Rennie, The rug for your friend sounds beautiful. I'm glad you shared that with us. I write and write about so much stupid stuff, because I want to hear about everybodies lives. Keep sharing girly whirl.

Clyde and Diane, Biggest loser was pretty amazing this week. I tend to side with Diane's hubby that a little rigging was going on. 11 pounds is an awful lot for a very thin woman to lose in one week. Also, this is the first season when I've thought some of the contestants look "less than helathy." Ali and Mark both look hagard in their faces making me think nutrition has gone out the door. Mark was even breaking down about being beat. I don't think that had anything to do with baby brother being gone. He's just beat. All of this of course is IMO. Also, I don't think it's right to let viewers decide. The girls earned the right to choose. Why should that be taken from them? Anyhoo...

Clyde, what kind of volunteer work do you do? Share, share, share.

Diane, Stick to your guns. You are already the team mom. Someone else can run the board. Your current members will have a hard time convincing anyone to take their places if they go about it in that manner. Of course it feels like a burden right now. Everything is in high gear to get ready for the season. Are they planning less games that makes you feel it will be less competetive? Two years ago we joined no league and baseball and softball both were just fundamentals. By doing that the school got a nice grant for summer school kinds of things. It really wasn't as bad as we all anticipated, but the coach hated it!!

4mykids, My DD dislocated her knee cap 2 1/2 years ago. My advice would be to really encourage your daughter to do the exercises at home that the therapist gave her to do. My DD didn't and is still having trouble. I hope you get the Brewer tickets you want!

sillycat, Have a great day!

As for me. DH and I spent a nice day together yesterday. It started with work, but then shopping and lunch out. It did us both good. We've had some financial set backs lately, because of corn prices etc...we're not headed for the poor house or anything, but changes for our farmers have to be made so they can afford to feed their animals. It falls heavily on my DH shoulders to get them and us through these times. The rest of the world has no idea how ethanol is having an adverse effect on so many. (Diane, you've probably seen your feed prices increase. Imagine if your animals were your livelyhood) Anyway, we had a nice day together. Thankfully, because I had to miss choir practice due to DD being pretty sick with an ugly throat. At least the snow that was on the ground yesterday is gone today. No, I'm not having a pitty party the blessings are still outweighing the adversities!!

Have a great day ladies!
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #89  
One pound at a time.

My weigh in and I'm up 2 lbs. I only have myself to blame, went out to lunch Tues and Wed. Plus I've been on a chocolate binge this week.

This is a challenge for me when I get close to 200. I always have a hrd time getting under 200. Must do better this week and no lunches!

I have my daughter's annual review, IEP, today. Always emotional. Should be interesting to see their plans for her next school year as she's is going up to middle school.

It's pouring rain here. Where's my brolly. Got to go.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #90  
Diane

Lovn: Oh I can very much relate to what you are saying about feed issues. Granted, I don't have as big of a burden with the few animals we have, but I feel for the farmers. There is give and take everywhere, so with ethanol, there will be less corn for feed. There goes the food prices. It is all connected and I don't think I've ever seen farmers get a break!!! It's a great life, but it is definitely a tough life.

Oh, and I also agree with you about TBL. I think Mark has lost too much weight now. He doesn't have good muscle tone. Ali has better muscle tone, but Mark is looking almost sickly. It's probably time for it all to be over so they can get back to being healthy and fit, rather than just trying to drop pounds.

Clyde: Hang in there. You'll get under that 200 mark. You're doing great, and we're all proud of you. (I can't be proud of myself right now, so I'm proud of you!) Let us know how it goes with your daughter. I am sure that is stressful for you.

Rennie: You make me laugh about the knitting. I tried to teach myself to crochet by reading a book. Didn't work out so well! That's another thing on my "to do" list... someday when I have more time. Quilting and crocheting are the two crafty things I want to learn.

Kind of a blah day today. We had a bunch of rain last night and today it is windy and cold. It makes me irritable. I wonder if my tulips will ever bloom with all of this cold. Enough already. I think that I'm in a blah mood because of my lack of progress with losing weight. It is my own fault (that and being sick so much this year), and I'm just struggling trying to take it one step at a time. I'm afraid to weigh myself because I don't think I'll like the number. I plan on making myself face the scale on Monday, though. I just need to keep going, I know, but I'm just so uninspired. Just feeling overwhelmed because of the goals I made at the beginning of the year and how behind I am on all of them. I think I need to forget the goal sheet and just try to do what I can do. Sorry - I'm whining today.........