3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

The All New 40's Chat

Old 04-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #61

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Diane, Hope you had a great day! My church is taking ticket orders for the Brewers vs. Rockies game on July 10th. It'd be a great time, but I'm sure my son has a game. If he decides he'd like to go though, we're in.

Clyde, Awesome job. Your weight has been dropping steadily. Did you get your dirt ready?

SeaWave, Hope you had a great day.

I did! I joined the new cooking group that formed a short time ago at our church. Today we made Cuban porkloin, a delicious rice w/ black beans dish and some really mm mm good burritos we topped w/ chile verde w/ pork. Yummy, each dish was easy and delicious. For $20 I brought home food for two meals that were interesting and tasty. Plus, I spent a nice afternoon with some lovely ladies. Had time to see Horton Hears a Who with the family too. I absolutely loved it. No exercise today, but oh well!!!

Pain is inevitable....suffering is optional

lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #62
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Lovn my right lower arm is sore from digging in the dirt. We also went to the park with my youngest for a little while. It was a really nice day here today. Baseball against the Rockies you should go. Those Brewers are tricky we will be playing them next week here.

We saw Horton 2 weeks ago good movie.

That sounds like some good eating. I love rice and black beans.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #63

Clyde, Now that I understand the concept of the cooking group I will definitely be going back. You're suppose to let each other know what healthy recipe you'd like to share and then each woman puts in an order for how many servings she would like to take home. Each person brings enough ingredients for her own recipe to make the number of servings needed for everyone. You also bring those disposable tinfoil pans w/ the lids so each woman can fill her pan and take it home to bake on whatever night she would like. Doing it that way no one has to pay. It's a nice afternoon and everyone gets meals for the week. This week there were only 3 women there and I didn't know how they'd been doing it, but they were cool with that. Since it's a brand new group it's gone like that most weeks. It would be really nice to end up with 5-7 in the group so ever other week I could have the entire week's meals cooked all in one afternoon. The best part though. Last nights meal and tonights, someone else chose WHAT to make. Since it was only us 3 one woman ran next door to her mothers and brought back 2 tiny bottles of chardonay and pretty glasses. We relaxed, had a small glass of wine and prayed before coming home.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:42 AM   #64
Diane

S/C/G: 294/233.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Lovn: If the Rockies keep playing the way they have been playing, the Brewers will have no problem with them! (Sorry, I'm a little disappointed in the Rocks very slow start.) Those meals sound very tasty! Yum!

SeaWave: That's true, French could come in handy if you live in Canada. Maybe that's where I should have gone to keep up on it! ha! Not much French spoken in Colorado!

Clyde: You're amazing! Good for you! You've really had a great start in losing weight this year.

We had a fun day yesterday, but I didn't get much done. It seems like we either get to have fun, or I can get my stuff done around the house. You can't have both! Oh well.

This time, I'm going to be stronger, I'm not giving in. - Rudimental
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #65

S/C/G: 399.7/IP Start 397.2/312.0/199

Height: 5'8

Default i did it!!!!!

Hello chickiedees...
Sorry I have been AWOL lately. I have been so obsessed with a project that is just consuming my thoughts and time. On the good side, I am OP and had a great week, and a totally AWESOME weekend...picnic's on both days! The weather was fabulous.

well....I finally hit two goals I have been striving for since the beginning of the year.
1. Saturday I biked just over 20 miles! in one stretch. 20.7 I was so elated and I can't believe I can even do that! If you would have told me at Christmas time when I got my bicycle that I would soon be able to bike 20 miles I would never have believed it. I started out with 3-4 miles and just kept adding a little more each week.
2. One of the most amazing thrills of my lifetime! Sunday, I BIKED THE BRIDGE...the bridge I mentioned earlier in the year. The ride down was sooooooooooooooooooo worth the ride up. I will try to attach pictures. The bridge is quite steep and the beginning incline is ugggg HARD, but then it got a little easier. Coming down was freakin amazing. I hit about 47 MPH before I got a wee bit nervous and slowly rode the brakes! OMG....what a thrill! Nigel was right there beside me the whole way, bless his heart! (only he didn't come down so fast!! haha) He is such a great supporter. I had originally set a goal to bike the bridge on my birthday last week but it was raining so we had to postpone it a week. I don't care, it was amazing.

I say to anyone who says they can't....just TRY...you might amaze yourself!

Welcome all the newbies, and love to all my friends....hopefully within a week or so I can get back to posting everyday.
hugs and cheerio
rainbowsmiles

this is the bridge, to the far left, where the tall white railing is, that is the bike path. The bridg is 13,200 feet long.

we did it!

after we rode the bridge we rode to a park area, and had a picnic, and this is the bridge in the distance.

slash....i know what you mean....its not a hard choice...go have fun...ride bikes...picnic....OR vacuum, do laundry and finish taxes! hahahaha

thank you everyone for your prayaers for my son and myself...all is well, just a special prayer for a special purpose.

My little container garden is coming along....i hav little yellow blossoms on my tomato plants now...woohoo i hope for tomatoes before the 4th of july!

hugs and cheeriooooooo
rainbowsmiles
Old 04-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #66
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Rainbow congratulations that's fantastic. Were your legs like jelly when you were done?
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #67

clyde...actually no...i have strong leg muscles!! We were out and about riding most of the weekend and I didn't think about putting on sunscreen, so now we are both dealing with too much sun exposure on our face and arms! yikes!! still, it was an amazing ride!
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM   #68

Oh Rainbow, that is so cool. You look totally amazing, healthy and alive. You are my new hero!!!

Diane, Having fun with the family outweighs getting things done every time on my scale. I should post pics of my living room right now to prove it. Everybodies' stuff is everywhere, but we had a great weekend. So, who cares!

Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #69
Diane

S/C/G: 294/233.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Rainbow! That is an awesome bridge. Good for you and your strong legs! I'm totally impressed.

Lovn: That's what I'm talking about! Have some fun, enjoy life a little. Does anyone, except me, care that the house is a pig sty? No. However, I do need to work on it a little bit this week! Maybe do a little each day. Not too concerned. It always stays there until I get to it!!

Rennie: What's up? Haven't heard from you for awhile!

This time, I'm going to be stronger, I'm not giving in. - Rudimental
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:41 PM   #70
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Slash
Hi, have just been so busy this weekend doing nothing lol. Every have weekends like that? The weekend was gone and I have no idea what on earth we did that kept us so busy lol. Things are just the same old same old around here. Clean house, eat, exercise get a my monthly shower . Nothing special. I am working on a new hook rug but that isn't interesting to anyone but me lol. Lets see, oh my son poked my daughter so she slugged him, the cat has decided he likes to sleep on the bowl of apples and I am having to kick him off the stand every few min, what is up with him lol. See, told you nothing exciting lol.

Rainbow
That is terrific congrats. You couldn't even get me on that bridge with medications lol.

lovn
The group sounds like a real fun time.

Tri
Sounds like you are doing really well.

Sea
Until it is nice enough to walk outside maybe you could get some walking videos. The snow is finally gone here and I get to see my beloved squires again. Was a lovely weekend for us.

Sorry I didn't get to everyone in my post today. Trying to catch up some of my posting since I didn't post all weekend. Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and a great day.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #71

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Hello, I can not believe how fast the weekend went. We had beautiful weather - although I did have to spend the majority of Sat. at a basketball tournament.

Clyde - My son was just on the computer and said the Brewers were tied with the Cardnials and I thought of you - it will be great when they play each other.

Rainbow - those pictures were awesome - thanks for sharing - I do not think I could have done that on my bike - I probably would have had trouble in my car.

Lovn - I agree on the whole house thing - I am always staying I have to clean and finally someone asked me why I clean so much and I had to explain that I really just say I am going to clean I actually always find something else to do and it really does not get done. There is always tomorrow for cleaning.

I will catch up more tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:30 AM   #72

Just a boring day here yesterday. A little housework and laundry. A little exercise and Cub Scouts. That's about it. I did do a lot of 3FC surfing though. It's dreay and yucky after the lovely weekend we had. It's pretty much sapping the umpf right out of me. I plan to walk to the library this morning before it rains. That's a 6 mile round trip. I'm hoping that will help drag me out of the dumps. If that doesn't do it.....there's always TBL tonight!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #73

hey chickiedees....
thanks for all your encouragement and praise! i tell you what, you guys are amazing!!!! let me say that again....YOU GUYS ARE TOTALLY AMAZING!

as for cleaning...uggg....i make most things a "game" haha i'm such a kid still. and i nevermind asking Nigel for help and he always is helpful. maybe it's the britishness in him....because his dad is so helpful to his mum. anyway, i love watching my favorite tv shows, especially reality tv, like the biggest loser, and survivor and american idol. soooooo, i "commercial" clean! i know it sounds crazy, but you will be amazed at what you can clean while a commercial is on! heehee i get the vacuum out, and the dusting supplies, etc...and the commercials are getting longer and longer! rofl so the next time you think you ahve no time to clean....try a little commercial cleaning!

hugssssssss
rainbowsmiles

lovn....wow! i still can't walk a mile...because i still have too much weight to carry, but one day i hope to be able to walk longer distances. walking 6 miles....THAT FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!

4mykids...thanks for the compliment. i wish i was more like you and organized in my cleaning but hey, i can't do everything! hahaha

shy....hahaha a bowl of "capples" rofl....are you scared of heights? i love bridges!

slash....aww thanks for that....sometimes i amaze myself! Nigel says i limit myself and that if i really want to do something, i can. i wish i believed that!! sometimes i do! other times, well, maybe not! haha i can't wait to go back and bike it again, just to come down fast! it was soooooooooo amazing coming down!

clyde....yummmm on the rice and beans....how do you make yours?? i think i'll make that tonight!

seawave....i love that name! snow??? snow?? omg....i don't know if i could handle snow this late in the year...its a blessing to get the warmth early in the spring in the south, but a somewhat of a curse later, when its so hot, and muggy, there seems to be no relief.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #74
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

rainbows
Lets put it this way. I was about 4 car lengths from being off a very large bridge one time and there was an accident in front of me. No one could move. I am so afraid of bridges that I had a panic attack ( on bridges I freeze and just can't move if not in constant motion and even then it is hard to be on a bride for more than a few min ) . As the police officers were going car to car to let people know it would be awhile before they could move one of them saw me. Took me out of my car and walked me to the other side of the bridge. When they could get my car moved he moved it for me.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #75

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Good morning,

Diane - I just backed up and read previous messages - I am glad my DD wants to take that much spanish also. She will be a junior next in HS but really does not know what she wants to do so if she has an interest in spanish she will be that much further ahead.

Does anyone have any good excercises to strengthen your knees - it has to be without weight -my 2nd DD is growing fast, loves sports and is very active but she has dislocated both her kneecaps within the last year so we are going really slow this time and I am open to suggestions. She actually has gone to PT twice but that obviously has not helped. She is 14 years old and 5'8 (she is not done growing yet either or so they say) - She is also very thin 110 lbs. (she eats plenty she is just growing so it burns off as fast as she eats - we have tried protein bars and shakes with not change) so she and I are on polar opposite sides!!! I can't believe I gave birth to her!!!

She is a little bummed out that she pasted on last 6 weeks of activities. She goes to the YMCA with me and does the treadmill and bike (very slowly).

Anyway, everyone have a great day. My DH called to see what I was doing and of course I said cleaning the house - as I was online with all of you!! But I am going to tackle my son's closet today - I do it about once a year and today is the day - Lord help me and give me patience!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.