Old 04-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #46  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
Yes she has one called you can do yoga. First she shows you all the moves and then you do it with her. It is a nice video. I am sure it is not very advanced but then, I am not very advanced lol. Someone sent it to me so if you would like it pm me an address and I will send it to you. I got another copy in a bunch I bought at a moving sale not to long ago.

Ward
Hope you have a wonderful time.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Rennie, thanks for the offer. I'll think about that.

Today is the complete opposite of yesterday. I'm working for at least 4 hours and then making that ever necessary trip to Wal Mart. I haven't done a good shopping since right before Easter so, I'm probably not going to want to see the bill. It's beautiful here this morning. Loads of sunshine and we're suppose ti hit 58*. I'll probably be skipping the yoga in exchange for a walk. DS has been invited to attend The Junior Youth National Leadership Convention in Washington D.C. this summer. He was nominated by one of his teachers unbeknown to us. They expect me to send my 12 y/o across country alone and spend 5 days and nights in D.C. ALONE. All for the low low price of $1900 w/o travel expence. My husband did the same thing, but as a Junior in high school, which seems much more ok to me. We have until May 16th to figure out travel that I'm comfortable with or he will not be going. I'm sure it's a good opportunity, but not having all my hair turn white in 6 days is pretty important to me too.
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Hello all - Happy Friday - this has been a long week for me. I think it was coming off a very restful vacation but I can not wake up - although my whole family has been tired this week which makes me feel better. I felt bad for my DD because she had to take finals this week - I never could have done that!!!

Kappy: I hope all goes well with your job. My husband's company was sold last year and it was stressful for everyone not knowing what was going to happen. Lucky for all of them that they kept everything the way it was and no one lost their jobs.

Ward: have fun in Disney - enjoy every minute of it.

Lovn: Good luck with the decision on the trip to DC for you son. It would be a great opportunity but it would be a long way away. I have a son turning 12 in May and I could not imagine him going that far away (although, that is probably why he was not nominated!!! - he is very shy and quiet) He is going to a basketball camp about an hour away from our house and I think that will be hard for him - ok and for me

Going to lunch with my daughter - she only had 1/2 day because of finals - we are going to celebrate. Take care all of you.
4mykids3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #49  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

lovn
My daughter was given that same oportunity. With the way things are these days I am not sending her anywhere.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #50  

Wow, I've worked, walked and shopped. Where is everyone?

4mykids, hope you had a nice time with your daughter and that finals went well. My DD signed up for her freshman (HS) classes today. It was a little confusing on how the credits were listed, but I'm pretty sure she was going to be able to take all her requireds, continue in both band and choir, get the first year of Spanish and still have time for art. If we figured it right that's a total of 8 credits. If the Spanish upset the time frame for the painting class she was going to be upset, but she promised she would do the right thing and take the Spanish. All the colleges she's interested in say 2 years of a foreign language, but when you look at who they are admitting the students have had 4 years so.....Spanish it is. At least she has a jump on math!!

DS spent the day on campus in LaCrosse today. They held a college for kids and he and 4 others went with their teacher. One class he was taking was in television production and he was really excited. I never knew he was even remotely interested before. He's arriving back in town too late to ride the bus home so I'd better toodle so I can pick him up. Tomorrow is solo and ensemble for DD. Her duet is at 8:10am. Thankfully, it's being held just 4 miles away. The trio is at 9:10 and her solo isn't until 11:20. We'll probably have time to come home between the trio and the solo. I bought her Halls Fruit Breezers today. She'll be surprised I remembered, but I know she likes how they make her throat feel. With all the streap throat and flu that's been going around the girls haven't gotten near the practice they would have liked, but I'm sure they'll do fine.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #51  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Clyde, where are you? I thought you'd be giving me a hard time about the Rockies falling to your Cards! Ha! Glad they are home today.

Lovn: My 11, soon to be 12, year old boy is going on a field trip with his class to Denver (about 4 hours from here). THAT is pushing my comfort level. It would be understandable if you didn't agree with the Washington DC trip. I am with you that it would be appropriate for a high schooler, but not a middle schooler. I am sure you are proud that he was selected, though!

4mykids: It is hard coming back to normal life after a nice vacation. Hopefully you can get some sleep this weekend and get rested again!

I just got back from an awards assembly. This one was for my son's class. He made honor roll and had perfect attendance. It was fun to see all his buddies and how much they have all grown! Amazing. My daughter had one this morning. She had perfect attendance and I went to that one too. She is getting better, but not quite to honor roll level yet. It does, however, make me glad to not be a teacher. Too darn many kids!! ha!

Should be a fairly quiet weekend. No baseball games yet. They're still practicing. It looks like my son might pitch some, but he'll be catcher most of the time. He might also play 1st base. Did I mention how cute he is??! My sweet baby boy.

Well, I better get going. Have a good weekend all!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:45 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 259/227/160

Height: 5'4

Hello again,

Lovn - it sounds like your DD is on the right track. My daughter is a sophomore now so we just signed up for her Junior year classes. You are right about the Spanish we were told the same thing - to have 2 years at least. My DD wants to do Spanish 3&4 next year and then AP Spanish - that really suprised me her first year all she did was complain about it. We have block scheduling at our school which will allow her to take both in one year. We had solo and ensemble at the beginning of March so we are done with it!!

Diane - I love awards the awards assembly that my kids have - I also think it is fun to see how great they are doing in school and how they support each other. My DS struggles a little more then my DD's did so he works twice as hard as they ever had to - although he seems to be the most coordinated in sports so I guess there might be a trade off.

I am excited that our weather is supposed to be good this weekend or at least tomorrow. My DS has a basketball tournament all day so maybe I can get out and walk between games. He has this one and one more next weekend and then we are done for the season. My DD was supposed to have on also but she dislocated her kneecap and is out of commission.

Well, everyone have a great weekend.
4mykids3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #53  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hi girls.

I'm here my girls were off school today, teacher institute or something like that.

Diane how about those Cards beating the Rockies

I'm a very happy camper. Hubs new work gave him paperwork for a drawing for Cardinals tickets. They have 2 tickets for every homegame and you had to select 3 games you'd like to go to. Well we're going to the Phillies game at Busch Stadium on June 15th. I'm so excited my first major league baseball game.You all will probably hear more about this before the big day!!

I just watched Oprah, heartbreaking those poor dogs. Amyone else see it?

I have to go pick up the pizza and my delicious salad from our local Italian. They make the best salads. Will check back later.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #54  

Diane, It sounds like your children are doing awesome. That's a huge testamony to the good job you must be doing!! Yes, you have mentioned how cute he is...that's how I know you are too. That pride thing just makes us mommies GLOW.

4mykids, My children all have a very easy time in school. We have been very blessed. The only problem we have at all is our youngest doesn't always work up to her potential. Example : She got a B in Social Studies this quarter ( I know, what kind of **** mom gets upset over a B? ) but, when you check her grades on line her daily work is all B-, C+, D+ etc... and her tests and quizes are all A's. Hmmmmm, that spells l-a-z-y to me. Sometimes it is a curse to be little bitty, blonde and blue eyed. It isn't always difficult for her to get her way or the things you want. Well, if she wants to play softball this summer the grade will be up. Our oldest daughter was sadly dissapointed choosing classes yesterday. She has so many required classes that she actually can not take band and choir both the entire year if she's taking the Spanish...so there moving one of her requireds to her sophomore year to allow for both musics. I'd actually like to let her quit band so she can have an art class, but the hubs says, "no way, you work when you're a fresh and a soph so you can chill later." My thought though, she'll be taking so many AP courses later there isn't going to be any chill time. The guidance councellor said it would actually help to show she's more diversified by dropping the band and going into art. Ugh.. Thanks for listening! Hope you enjoy the basketball tourney and get a little walking in too.

Clyde, How awesome for you, have a great time at the game in June.

Well, DS had an awesome time in LaCrosse yesterday and DD is now up and showering for solo and ensemble. She wasn't even crabby when I told her it was time to get up. Woo hoo, that's the first sign of a good day coming. Isn't it?

Happy Saturday all!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #55  
Diane

Clyde: How fun! Going to a major league game. I never have been to a major league game, so I'm anxious to hear about it! We see a lot of college games... and, of course, little league games ... but haven't made it to Denver to see the Rockies. It used to be pretty easy to get tickets, but after last year, I heard that they are much harder to come by. I'm pretty sure I'll get in lots of little league games.

Lovn: I know what you mean about the lazy kid syndrome. Both of my kids could do better. My daughter struggles more than my son, but if she were to put in more effort, I think she could get A's and B's. But, she typically has some C's, too. She actually had a terrible report card for 2nd quarter, but brought it back up for 3rd quarter. My son could probably get straight A's if he would put a little more effort into it. So, I keep pushing! It's my job, you know.

4mykids: That's cool about your daughter taking all those Spanish classes. I know that when she is looking for a job, that ability could really help her. Right now in our office, we don't have anyone who can speak Spanish and it can be a problem sometimes. I took French in school which is of no help whatsoever!!

No sports yet for me. We'll be working on getting stuff done this weekend. Soon the games will begin and we'll be busy. I'm anxious to see how my son will do this year. He just seems to be a lot more confident.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #56  

Well, I weighed in, and I am at 167.5! And, I am on Spring break. My weight is down 4.5 pounds from last week. I don't know what my starting weight was, because I did not weigh myself initially.
TRimom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #57  

TRimom, Terrific, have fun on spring break!

Diane, I have a smile from ear to ear right now. Our school district is so tiny that Spanish is the only foreign language class it offers. DD wanted to take French on line. We told her that was fine, on her own time and own dime, but for the real world Spanish is what she needs. We had a huge discussion on the importance of Spanish and how it's the language of so many speak etc...Of course she's not stupid so she gave in and is saving her OWN dimes for now lol It will be nice to show her what you wrote UNSOLICITED. The grade thing. I have moms who think I'm just awful, but my kids love and respect me and we have terrific relationships, but when push comes to shove I firmly believe it is not my job to be their friend. It is my job to give them the tools to be all they can be. As an 8th grader myself my parents ignored Freshman orientation and my subjects were picked for me. No advice for the future at all. Heck, I was in school 3 weeks before I knew there was a choir I could belong to!!! Hello, my kids are not going to be left floundering through life on their own like that. Soap box away now. Have a great day!

Yesterday was awesome. DD and her friend received a 1st on their duet. Those two plus another received a 2nd on their trio and DD received a 1st on her solo. It was very beautiful. The only negative comment the judge had was to make her ending letter sounds more crisp. Pitch , delivery, even eye contact were all terrific. I wanted to kiss the guy after he was done talking to her. I sould see her self asteem meter rise as she was standing there!! Since she sang class B this year, as an 8th grader, and received a first she can sing class A as a Freshman. You only get to state if you sing class A you know?! After all that I came home and did a long hike with my two youngest children and made a yummy stir fry for a sit down meal. It was 62* yesterday and I did not waste a minute of it. (for a change) lol I sure hope you all had a great day too!
Old 04-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #58  
Diane

Lovn: Glad I could help... without even knowing it! I agree with what you're saying about helping our kids make good choices. I, too, was left floundering in picking my classes when I was in high school. My parents didn't go to college and they didn't have the insight on what I needed to do. Thankfully, I was friends with a bunch of other kids who were college bound and we all figured it out together. My kids will get every bit of insight I can give them. They can make their own choices... to an extent... but they will get my help.

TRI - Sounds like you're having a good spring break! Glad to hear it!

Well, I got all my running around chores done yesterday. Now I need to get stuff done around the house. It's cloudy outside, but still pretty nice.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:06 PM   #59  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning girls.

A gorgeous day here. I'm about to go out and do some weeding so as I can get some plants in. Haven't bought the plants in need to get the dirt cleaned up first. I had a great year last summer with tomatoes and hopefully I'll get more this year.

Lovn congrats to your daughter, you must be very proud.

I went through my closet this morning and tried on all my spring summer collection There were quite a few success stories of things that I could not get on last year that now fit. Of course I still have my section of clothes that will fit when I lose 10 more pounds.

It's a lovely day I need to get outside my youngest is going to help me!
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #60  
SeaWave

Clydegirl - I'm jealous! Weeding and trying on summer clothes (and by the way, on your success there!). We still have lots of snow here. However, they are announcing weather over 10 C (over 50 F) all week, so that white stuff should melt!

Lovnmom - If it's any comfort to your daughter, French and Spanish are very similar so once she has Spanish under her belt, French will be easy if ever she still wants to pick it up later. My son grew up with both French & English, and is now taking Spanish in high school.

Today's a great, sunny day here. My son is at a soccer game (which I can't go to 'cause it's in a dome -- migraine alert for me ). When he and my husband come back, I'm hoping to go out to one of the numerous trails around here and see if anything has melted down enough to walk on (I don't want any cross-country skiers snarking me!) If that doesn't work, we'll just walk around the neighbourhood, as the streets are clear.